ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds says border surge is 'not our problem

Even at my age (72) my bride abd I just might take in one if the opportunity presents itself. It would be awkward..and we have been empty nesters for 20 years...but honestly, we have discussed the possibility. The truth is 83, if Iowa agreed to take in a few hundred of these immigrants, they would easily be accommodated..as most Iowans are a kinder, gentler, more Christian lot than out Governor. You wouldn’t even know they were here!
Great! Contact the proper authorities and post pictures once they are in your home.

You are missing the point. Sure.....find homes for the kids now at the border. What about the ones who show up tomorrow? And next month? And next year? Just let them all come in? Because they will continue to come. The more that are let in, the more that will literally be dumped at our border.

Is that what you want? Thousands upon thousands of kids dumped on us? Supported by the government? Or taken in by families who could be adopting or fostering kids that are already here? Screw THEM, right? Let’s take care of kids that have illegally crossed our border FIRST, to h*ll with American kids that need help.

We may “not even know they are here.” Now. But when they are in gangs, we sure as heck will know they’re here.

Biden’s mistake was getting rid of the requirement that these people stay on the Mexican side while they are being considered.

Again....I completely support controlled, LEGAL immigration.

Color me surprised...
Iowa republicans on abortion: “every life is sacred and must be protected!!”
Also Iowa republicans on migrant children in crisis: “not our problem...”
Question.....who do YOU think should get priority.......American kids that currently need adopted/fostered, or the foreign ones that came in illegally?

Do you support letting in all kids who show up at our border?

Question.....who do YOU think should get priority.......American kids that currently need adopted/fostered, or the foreign ones that came in illegally?
I’m just saying it’s 100% hypocritical to act like all lives are sacred then react to this situation with “not our problem”

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I’m just saying it’s 100% hypocritical to act like all lives are sacred then react to this situation with “not our problem”
Then what do you think should be done with kids who show up at our border, and why?

And I would ask the same question to all the libs on this board.

Then what do you think should be done with the kids who show up at our border, and why?
I believe those that can be United with someone friends/family should be immediately. Those that have no one should be placed into a home or foster system until such time they can be re-United with parents on other side of the border or adopted here.

Dropping these unaccompanied kids back over the border and saying “sucks to suck” or throwing them in the equivalent of dog kennels is 100% not acceptable and my biggest complaint with Joe right now. I sure as heck didn’t vote to continue the atrocities of Trump

Do you know why these kids are “unaccompanied”? Because they have parents that hand them over to awful human traffickers. Until the left wants to deal with that issue, they can stop pretending they give a shit about these kids.

Do you know why these kids are “unaccompanied”? Because they have parents that hand them over to awful human traffickers. Until the left wants to deal with that issue, they can stop pretending they give a shit about these kids.
And that’s the kids fault?

I believe those that can be United with someone friends/family should be immediately. Those that have no one should be placed into a home or foster system until such time they can be re-United with parents on other side of the border or adopted here.

Dropping these unaccompanied kids back over the border and saying “sucks to suck” or throwing them in the equivalent of dog kennels is 100% not acceptable and my biggest complaint with Joe right now. I sure as heck didn’t vote to continue the atrocities of Trump
Fair enough.

Uhhhh...no. But as long as you keep border access so easily attainable you continue to enable the behavior of the parents. So, it’s whoever is in charge of our borders fault.
Closing the border isn’t going to magically fix the problem. Need three things in my opinion:
1. Easy way for all employers and small businesses to check citizenship/immigration status (if this doesn’t already exist)
2. Really ratchet up penalties on employers and small business owners if they are found to be employing illegal aliens....I mean like big time, like completely shut down the businesses and prison.
3. Develop clear path to citizenship for those already here.
you’re never going to solve the border problem when people are willing to take the chance on employing them for cheaper labor and not have benefits

Family values? Maybe the parents of the kids should think about family values before asking other countries to help. We need to take care of our own before spending money on illegals.

I love it when people quote Scripture.

What I'm suggesting is that it is a drop in the bucket compared to other things we spend money on. Oh, and let us know when the border actually impacts your quality of life.

So relativism is your defense?

And America's lack of border security is hurting Americans in many ways.

Closing the border isn’t going to magically fix the problem. Need three things in my opinion:
1. Easy way for all employers and small businesses to check citizenship/immigration status (if this doesn’t already exist)
2. Really ratchet up penalties on employers and small business owners if they are found to be employing illegal aliens....I mean like big time, like completely shut down the businesses and prison.
3. Develop clear path to citizenship for those already here.
you’re never going to solve the border problem when people are willing to take the chance on employing them for cheaper labor and not have benefits
But according to all of the “experts” they’re leaving because they’re in danger. That’s the only way to get asylum so that’s what they’re saying. Employment has nothing to do with that.

Great! Contact the proper authorities and post pictures once they are in your home.

You are missing the point. Sure.....find homes for the kids now at the border. What about the ones who show up tomorrow? And next month? And next year? Just let them all come in? Because they will continue to come. The more that are let in, the more that will literally be dumped at our border.

Is that what you want? Thousands upon thousands of kids dumped on us? Supported by the government? Or taken in by families who could be adopting or fostering kids that are already here? Screw THEM, right? Let’s take care of kids that have illegally crossed our border FIRST, to h*ll with American kids that need help.

We may “not even know they are here.” Now. But when they are in gangs, we sure as heck will know they’re here.

Biden’s mistake was getting rid of the requirement that these people stay on the Mexican side while they are being considered.

Again....I completely support controlled, LEGAL immigration.
The issue is about kids at the border NOW.
I have no solution. Do you? I don’t think anyone does...How do you keep these kids from showing up? What do you do?
I think our governor’s response to help is a poor reflection on Iowa and Iowans. We have stepped forward once before.

But according to all of the “experts” they’re leaving because they’re in danger. That’s the only way to get asylum so that’s what they’re saying. Employment has nothing to do with that.
I guess I’m not referring to the kids. Immigration in general. I agree with the experts on the kids....I can’t imagine how bad it must be to send your young kid out on their own for hundreds of miles, let alone 10 minutes.

the best we can do for these kids is treat them as we would any lost kid and give them a shot.

You laugh...as you do not understand what the issue is here. If you do not know what is being discussed FAU, you should probably just keep your mouth shut.
Says the guy who thinks we should just occasionally act in a Christian way. Take care of the kids today. Tomorrow leave them be. You know...occasionally.

Nobody deserves to suffer. If we can help anyone, American or not, I think we should. With that said, why aren't we as focused on homeless American citizens as we are on non-Americans at the border?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT