ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds says border surge is 'not our problem

Once again, the false GOP narrative that Biden has opened the border is largely responsible for the surge in Central American migrants, and the U.S. government is now forced to spend money and resources to to counteract it.
The surge is due to Biden’s past statements along with the rest of the Democratic Party. Remember when all of the primary candidates raised their hands in support of providing free healthcare for “undocumented” immigrants? They sure do.

I know right? It’s crazy to want to stop the problem at the source and want the parents to be accountable. Accountability is a bad word in today’s culture.

Lol.

So, you're blaming the parents for fleeing whatever craptastic country their coming from in hopes of a better life for their kids? Sounds uniquely American.

But yeah, personal responsibility. Okay.

Lol.

So, you're blaming the parents for fleeing whatever craptastic country their coming from in hopes of a better life for their kids? Sounds uniquely American.

But yeah, personal responsibility. Okay.
Yeah that’s totally what’s happening here. Wake up bro. Speak to one border patrol officer one time and you’ll realize how ridiculous you sound.

No. Not making a fvcking effort to solve the problem...hell not even considering it a problem IS the argument here. Think the White House will acknowledge we have a bad situation at the border this week? You can't pretend there's no crisis then cry to the heavens about the crisis and how no one will help you with it. That's what's really criminal here.

I think you are confused. I think everybody sees that there is a problem. Only one side sees the problem as being solved by simply making sure these kids can't get to our side of the border.

You're confused about a lot........

Your responses confuse a lot of people, like you responding to a poster mentioning walls and you in your own mind must have equated that with Pelosi's fence. wall/fence not the same.

I think you are confused. I think everybody sees that there is a problem. Only one side sees the problem as being solved by simply making sure these kids can't get to our side of the border.

One side thought it ok to strip babies from their mother's arms and separate them. Hundreds are still separated. Another mess for a Democrat president to clean up.

Why does Reynolds continue to "tow the Party line" and demonstrate an inability to think for herself?

I'll hang up and listen for the explanation.

The surge is due to Biden’s past statements along with the rest of the Democratic Party. Remember when all of the primary candidates raised their hands in support of providing free healthcare for “undocumented” immigrants? They sure do.
If only we could get Americans to pay as close attention to our process as the Salvadorans and Guatemalans you know.

They are human beings, just like you and me. Your racist mindset does nothing to help the situation.
You lose your argument when the point of your post is to call someone racist all while not understanding when or how to use it properly. The undeniable fact of the matter is most Latin Americans are white (Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan, etc.). So unless you think @abby97 is racist against white people then you are wrong every way you look at it.

Reactions: doughuddl2
You lose your argument when the point of your post is to call someone racist all while not understanding when or how to use it properly. The undeniable fact of the matter is most Latin Americans are white (Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan, etc.). So unless you think @abby97 is racist against white people then you are wrong every way you look at it.
If you don't think that posters like 97 and the terminology and rants they use have racist undertones then I can't help you.

Well both sides seem to think politicizing it seems to help. I mean...Biden is suddenly building the wall again. So, it must not be that bad if an idea. Maybe he should have had a plan first before just undoing everything in place.

I’m sure individual Iowans can welcome these folks into their homes.
I hope you are joking, but if not, you would surely be wrong. We are talking kids in custody of the US government. I can’t just call up Joe and let him know that I’ll take two.

As long as we can put to rest this asinine belief that the GOP is the party of Christian values and pro-life, I'm okay with this attitude.

It sure is a far cry, though, from the values of Governor Ray. Truly deplorable.

Can you imagine today’s GOP opening Iowa’s arms to embrace refugees from Laos and Vietnam the way Governor Ray did?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Well both sides seem to think politicizing it seems to help. I mean...Biden is suddenly building the wall again. So, it must not be that bad if an idea. Maybe he should have had a plan first before just undoing everything in place.
But then you can't run on the issue during the next election. Best to continue to exploit everyone involved for the sake of power.

Besides, it's not our problem.

Can you imagine today’s GOP opening Iowa’s arms to embrace refugees from Laos and Vietnam the way Governor Ray did?
I can't even imagine today's GOP staying consistent on whether this issue is our problem, or isn't. It wasn't that long ago that the murder of an Iowan had a good number of Iowa conservatives thinking that border security was very much our problem. Now...not so much.

I hope you are joking, but if not, you would surely be wrong. We are talking kids in custody of the US government. I can’t just call up Joe and let him know that I’ll take two.

Maybe they can set up some type of foster system for people willing to take them in.

Maybe they can set up some type of foster system for people willing to take them in.
Hope so. We’ve looked into it, specifically for kids with special needs as we have experience working with them and knowing they may be more difficult to place.

I can’t tell if your problem is comprehension or intelligence. I guess they could be related.
So what is your number limit, then? How many should we let in? If we shouldn’t let them all in, how many should it be? Answer, please.

So what is your number limit, then? How many should we let in? If we shouldn’t let them all in, how many should it be? Answer, please.

Who the hell cares how many we eventually let in? The point that you continue to ignore is that we have a need to house kids right now. Instead of thinking about an arbitrary number down the road, we should be using available resources to help the kids who need us today. You can play your little political game later. We need elected officials to step up like Robert Ray did, not play politics with the lives of the most vulnerable like Kim is doing.

Who the hell cares how many we eventually let in? The point that you continue to ignore is that we have a need to house kids right now. Instead of thinking about an arbitrary number down the road, we should be using available resources to help the kids who need us today. You can play your little political game later. We need elected officials to step up like Robert Ray did, not play politics with the lives of the most vulnerable like Kim is doing.
I agree 100%, plus we as a nation will need the labor. Even disgraced Congressman Steve King knew that Americans weren't giving birth at a high enough rate to sustain the workforce.

Just as I suspected. At least you admit it.

Just as I suspected. At least you admit it.
I really hope you aren’t in a position of leadership. I’d feel sorry for those reporting to you.

At least you admit we can’t do anything because it’s too hard. Best to just sit this one out and shrug.

...cannot support providing any state assistance whatsoever. BUT, the Gov is delighted to assist Des Moines Christian School, allowing it to hold an auction for a dinner with the Governor and her husband at Terrace Hill...with proceeds remaining with the school. Rather interesting....

Reactions: mphawk
I really hope you aren’t in a position of leadership. I’d feel sorry for those reporting to you.

At least you admit we can’t do anything because it’s too hard. Best to just sit this one out and shrug.
I said no such thing. Stop lying.

I just want to know from you....or anyone....what is an acceptable number that we should let in and support. You are calling me unintelligent. So enlighten me.

You won’t answer. Because you have none. A lot of big talk about how “we” need to take care of these people, but no solution to the problem.

These people will not stop coming. Parents and “mules” are going to continue to dump these kids into this country. At what point will it be “too many?” Or should we just take them all?

Again.....you talk big, but when pressed for an answer you resort to deflection and name calling.

Reactions: anon_01irjibf16qqj
I said no such thing. Stop lying.

I just want to know from you....or anyone....what is an acceptable number that we should let in and support. You are calling me unintelligent. So enlighten me.

You won’t answer. Because you have none. A lot of big talk about how “we” need to take care of these people, but no solution to the problem.

These people will not stop coming. Parents and “mules” are going to continue to dump these kids into this country. At what point will it be “too many?” Or should we just take them all?

Again.....you talk big, but when pressed for an answer you resort to deflection and name calling.
The solution is to help the kids who are here. That’s priority number one. Stop making excuses for turning your back on kids who need our help. I guess that’s just the difference between you and those who actually do care. Some of us jump in to help and figure out details later. Others like to continue to point fingers while not actually doing anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT