ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds says border surge is 'not our problem

The solution is to help the kids who are here. That’s priority number one. Stop making excuses for turning your back on kids who need our help. I guess that’s just the difference between you and those who actually do care. Some of us jump in to help and figure out details later. Others like to continue to point fingers while not actually doing anything.
Again...what about those who care for those kids so much that they don’t want them being given to rapist coyotes to be trafficked across 5 countries with a 50/50 shot of making it here? Why not dissuade that shit from happening to begin with?

Again...what about those who care for those kids so much that they don’t want them being given to rapist coyotes to be trafficked across 5 countries with a 50/50 shot of making it here? Why not dissuade that shit from happening to begin with?
Oh, is that it? Ok, let’s get right on that. Of course that’s the ultimate problem/solution. No one is denying that. Jeebus. We are at the here and now phase of this shit show. It’s always easier to just kick the can down the road and blame the other party, but the focus right now should be helping those kids. You know, the reason this thread was started.

The solution is to help the kids who are here. That’s priority number one. Stop making excuses for turning your back on kids who need our help. I guess that’s just the difference between you and those who actually do care. Some of us jump in to help and figure out details later. Others like to continue to point fingers while not actually doing anything.
What about the ones who will continue to come (because they WILL continue to come)? Can’t turn them away, right? Either we let them all in, or set a limit. Which do you want?

What about the ones who will continue to come (because they WILL continue to come)? Can’t turn them away, right? Either we let them all in, or set a limit. Which do you want?

We should probably stop sending money and troops to fight other wars until there is world peace.

...cannot support providing any state assistance whatsoever. BUT, the Gov is delighted to assist Des Moines Christian School, allowing it to hold an auction for a dinner with the Governor and her husband at Terrace Hill...with proceeds remaining with the school. Rather interesting....

Are certain Iowans not allowed to have dinner with the governor?

At this point, when Trampoline Grandma makes a decision, it's a pretty safe bet that it'll be the wrong one.

Alcohol abuse in one's younger days has life long consequences.

The American taxpayer is on the hook for the costs! Does it really matter whether it comes from your Iowa taxes or your federal taxes?
Some is offset by federal, but not all. Foolish to believe the states wouldn’t be burdened at all. And yes, it does matter if it’s the fed or state paying— not sure if that was a serious question.

Some is offset by federal, but not all. Foolish to believe the states wouldn’t be burdened at all. And yes, it does matter if it’s the fed or state paying— not sure if that was a serious question.

The point is that the taxpayer pays these bills.

That is my understanding that FEMA is really just looking for space to put these children temporarily and that the State of Iowa would be minimally affected cost wise.

Let's stop with the "cost to Iowa taxpayers bullshit" and call it for what it is. It's about Kim Reynolds and her continued allegiance to trump, just like it has been since she became governor. Her decisions have been selfish political decisions and nothing more or nothing less. She is just another pitiful sad leader in this country.
So you are for an open border and letting everyone in?
I am “for” occasionally acting in aChristian manner. These are children!

I am “for” occasionally acting in aChristian manner. These are children!
If you aren’t for open borders, how many should we let in? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000? At what number should we stop acting in a Christian manner?

You do understand they will be showing up on our border EVERY DAY don’t you? Do we let every child in? Do you want America to become the dumping ground for children? Because that is exactly what will happen. All the unwanted Central American kids will be dropped on our doorstep. Is that what you want?

If you aren’t for open borders, how many should we let in? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000? At what number should we stop acting in a Christian manner?

You do understand they will be showing up on our border EVERY DAY don’t you? Do we let every child in? Do you want America to become the dumping ground for children? Because that is exactly what will happen. All the unwanted Central American kids will be dropped on our doorstep. Is that what you want?
That is not the issue here. Iowa was asked if we would take in X number and Kim said “No, not our problem.’
50 years ago Bob Ray was asked about taking in “the boat people”...and he yes, “Yes we will and we will welcome them!”
Ray acted as a Christian...Reynolds acted as a Trump Republican. And....you are not even embarrassed!

That is not the issue here. Iowa was asked if we would take in X number and Kim said “No, not our problem.’
50 years ago Bob Ray was asked about taking in “the boat people”...and he yes, “Yes we will and we will welcome them!”
Ray acted as a Christian...Reynolds acted as a Trump Republican. And....you are not even embarrassed!
You conveniently forget the Vietnamese had sponsors to take them. Not the same situation.

If you are really such a great Christian and care so much......take 3-4 of them into your home. Buy them food, clothes, and medical care. If you don’t, then you are a Trump Republican.

You conveniently forget the Vietnamese had sponsors to take them. Not the same situation.

If you are really such a great Christian and care so much......take 3-4 of them into your home. Buy them food, clothes, and medical care. If you don’t, then you are a Trump Republican.
No they did not....not until Ray found them. The Tai Doc program was run thru the DOHS by Ray. Don’t be so goddamned obtuse here 83! Quit your bullshit and lies...fess up! You talk the talk...but like most Republican / Conservatives living today, you will not walk the walk.
You are some how hung up on keeping America a secret and white...a few hundred kids being temporarily “housed and cared for’ in Iowa wont hurt a damn thing, and you know it.

No they did not....not until Ray found them. The Tai Doc program was run thru the DOHS by Ray. Don’t be so goddamned obtuse here 83! Quit your bullshit and lies...fess up! You talk the talk...but like most Republican / Conservatives living today, you will not walk the walk.
You are some how hung up on keeping America a secret and white...a few hundred kids being temporarily “housed and cared for’ in Iowa wont hurt a damn thing, and you know it.
So how many are you going to offer to take in? Fess up!

Like most Democrat/Liberals you like to dictate what others should do.....but won’t do yourself. “Different rules for thee than me.”

Oh.....and I am on record saying I support controlled LEGAL immigration. Another lie you have been caught in.

Not everyone is able to take these children, and they are just children, but that doesn't mean there are not hundreds that could and would. There are plenty of Iowans that would financially support those who can.

Reactions: joelbc1
So how many are you going to offer to take in? Fess up!

Like most Democrat/Liberals you like to dictate what others should do.....but won’t do yourself. “Different rules for thee than me.”

Oh.....and I am on record saying I support controlled LEGAL immigration. Another lie you have been caught in.
Even at my age (72) my bride abd I just might take in one if the opportunity presents itself. It would be awkward..and we have been empty nesters for 20 years...but honestly, we have discussed the possibility. The truth is 83, if Iowa agreed to take in a few hundred of these immigrants, they would easily be accommodated..as most Iowans are a kinder, gentler, more Christian lot than out Governor. You wouldn’t even know they were here!

Reactions: BGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT