ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Crunch

I'm hearing 2-3 medical hardships will happen. I'm pretty sure two on the OL and one on DL.

I didn't want to say because medical issues are always tough for these young men and HIPA issues but those are the names I heard. One of those three players is still a ??

AFAIC, this was the main indictment against Brian Ferentz. Totally predictable play calling. He was just too stubborn or dumb to innovate modest changes in order to become less ordinary. Opposing DCs had to be licking their chops during Iowa prep week.
If what you do, you do well... it doesn't really matter. Look at the Iowa defense... they don't run complicated schemes and exotic blitzes much... They basically only have 1 sub package... base or cash. I doubt too many OC's are licking their chops for Iowa prep week.

It's players NOT plays... It's execution not X's and O's.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
Lainez was 2 for 7, so would you suggest that if he starts next year and averages 50% completion rate he took a major jump? Of course not, the only way the statement makes any sense is based on the QB position output as a whole.
I think it is worth noting that although it was HS Lainez completed over 80% of his passes. The kid was not projected to play at all and didn’t the entire year. For those judging on a 2-7 passing performance, I think it is way premature.

Reactions: chaneccooms
I think it is worth noting that although it was HS Lainez completed over 80% of his passes. The kid was not projected to play at all and didn’t the entire year. For those judging on a 2-7 passing performance, I think it is way premature.
Absolutely, he hadn't gotten any #1 reps before the bowl game, no packages were set up for him. All of this 2-7 nonsense is laughable. None of this is to mention the success that Lester has had with QB development. I think it's fair to expect some profession at the QB spot.

Careful. That can be unhealthy at your age.

;)
I'm fortunate that I don't suffer from those issues. Still sleep through the night. I always heard when you get older to never trust a fart or miss out on a hard-on. Funny stuff, but so far, so good!

Reactions: Max_Rebo
If what you do, you do well... it doesn't really matter. Look at the Iowa defense... they don't run complicated schemes and exotic blitzes much... They basically only have 1 sub package... base or cash. I doubt too many OC's are licking their chops for Iowa prep week.

It's players NOT plays... It's execution not X's and O's.
Yes, execution is of the greatest importance. But "predictability" does certainly matter. Sometimes signifcantly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT