ADVERTISEMENT

Rough Start for Huskers

Packer54

HR All-American
Mar 30, 2014
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska defensive back Myles Farmer, the team's second-leading tackler last season, was not on the 120-man roster when the Cornhuskers opened practice Monday and his return was uncertain.
First-year coach Matt Rhule said he suspended Farmer indefinitely. Rhule didn't disclose the reason other than to say it had to do with a failure to adhere to team standards.

The previous coaching staff suspended Farmer for the game against Michigan last November after he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.

Rhule also announced that wide receiver Josh Fleeks, a transfer from Baylor, reported “significantly” overweight Sunday and will be held out until he makes weight.

Brodie Tagaloa, who was expected to be in the defensive line rotation, probably is out for the season because of injuries sustained in a car accident two weeks ago. Rhule said Tagaloa had facial cuts and required knee surgery.

Sounds like reasons to stop playing in the B1G and escape back to the B12. And take your snarky, arrogant fans with you that think it is beneath their Skirts to play teams from the B1G west. Journalists too. They tried and failed so take your ball and go home.

Sorry I posted something about a BT school and what could be a significant set of developments. Would it make everyone feel better if I just post things about Purdue or does it upset some folks that ANY other team that is mentioned is off limits.
Of course, I am joking but Jaysus.

Hawkeyes have similar issues throughout the years. To me it appears Rhule is having higher expectations that what happened in the past, for the Huskers that is good thing. Money alone I see no plausible way the Huskers would ever go back to the Big 12.

• Wow
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Sorry I posted something about a BT school and what could be a significant set of developments. Would it make everyone feel better if I just post things about Purdue or does it upset some folks that ANY other team that is mentioned is off limits.
Of course, I am joking but Jaysus.
Personally, I could give two-shits what issues the fuskers (or any other conference teams) are experiencing in August camp. Feel free to post shit like this the week before we play them, otherwise it doesn't matter. Especially for the fuskers, they are not going to be contenders this year regardless, so it doesn't matter.

Having half the message board cluttered with fusker specific threads is embarrassing.

Personally, I could give two-shits what issues the fuskers (or any other conference teams) are experiencing in August camp. Feel free to post shit like this the week before we play them, otherwise it doesn't matter. Especially for the fuskers, they are not going to be contenders this year regardless, so it doesn't matter.

Having half the message board cluttered with fusker specific threads is embarrassing.
And yet you participate.

Meds my friend....look into it.

I don't get all the unique attention given to the fuskers here either, unless you're from Western Iowa. My college buddy from Persia always mentioned the fusker fatigue that he got living that close to Nebbie. Apparently it's a real thing.

As for the OP, sounds like Rhule is serious about laying down a better culture than his predecessor.

Last edited:
For some of you, wouldn't the logical thing to do is just not read a thread that has the word Husker in it. Maybe some of us do care and want to know. That's the reason there are different threads and not just one. Pick and choose what you want to read.

You've got to get the roster right - not just talent but discipline.
This is what they’ve lacked (amongst other things) for at least Frost years. Could bring in talent/athleticism but the culture of accountability wasn’t there and therefore the talent didn’t matter.

Always loved the Norm Parker quote that basically said a super fast guy would just be that much further out of position if he wasn’t disciplined (you get the point).

I don't get all the unique attention given to the fuskers here either, unless you're from Western Iowa. My college buddy from Persia always mentioned the fusker fatigue that he got living that close to Nebbie. Apparently it's a real thing.

As for the OP, sounds like Rhule is serious about laying down a better culture than his predecessor.
I was not giving them unique attention. If it would have been the same situation at any other Big Ten school I would have posted it. They have a significant injury in the D-lineman who is in the rotation and a potential issue with a starting D-back.

I was not giving them unique attention. If it would have been the same situation at any other Big Ten school I would have posted it. They have a significant injury in the D-lineman who is in the rotation and a potential issue with a starting D-back.
not your thread...just in general. Always interesting to hear what's going on in other camps.
Just seems like LIttle Debbie gets an inordinate amount of attention.

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska defensive back Myles Farmer, the team's second-leading tackler last season, was not on the 120-man roster when the Cornhuskers opened practice Monday and his return was uncertain.
First-year coach Matt Rhule said he suspended Farmer indefinitely. Rhule didn't disclose the reason other than to say it had to do with a failure to adhere to team standards.

The previous coaching staff suspended Farmer for the game against Michigan last November after he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.

Rhule also announced that wide receiver Josh Fleeks, a transfer from Baylor, reported “significantly” overweight Sunday and will be held out until he makes weight.

Brodie Tagaloa, who was expected to be in the defensive line rotation, probably is out for the season because of injuries sustained in a car accident two weeks ago. Rhule said Tagaloa had facial cuts and required knee surgery.
Heard they lost their TE's coach. Refused to take a field sobriety test on the road and later blew a 0.15. He gone!

I miss Frosty already. Nebby being a well run and classy program sounds crazy. After decades of trashy coaches and players Rhule may actually hold players accountable. Yikes! Waiting to hear some bad news for wisconsin next, fingers crossed.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT