ADVERTISEMENT

Rouse

Did you play football? If so, did you play on the outside?
Got a kick out of this. If you never played, don't get all riled up if that gets pointed out by someone who did play. It's not at all uncommon for people who played on the inside to not have even respected those who played on the outside. If you weren't in the trenches, you were barely considered a football player.

Last edited:
Got a kick out of this. If you never played, don't get all riled up if that gets pointed out by someone who did play. It's not at all uncommon for people who played on the inside to not have even respected those who played on the outside. If you weren't in the trenches, you were barely considered a football player.
Can we all agree that specials weren’t really players either?

Reactions: eyesofhawk
Officially Nebraska… when we are getting beat by first year coaches for OL it’s bad… does anyone know why he didn’t feel right at iowa? What are these guys seeing on visits? Seems like culture would NOT be the problem but maybe it is…
Would you feel comfortable talking to Brian and George about your future in the 130th ranked offense?

Reactions: Huskersrockin
Big guys I played with may not have liked us but they respected the small and tough.

They have the most NIL cash to offer.
Wouldn't surprise me after I read this story yesterday from Aug'22:

"A Nebraska football booster club was forming in west Omaha, according to a source familiar with the group. That in itself was not necessarily news.
There are several groups in Omaha that support the head coaches of various Husker, Creighton and UNO sports.

But this new group was different from the others, where boosters pay to get a private audience with the head coach and the money goes to the coaching staff.

This Nebraska football group will meet once a month next season. The head coach, assistants and starting players will make appearances.

But all the money will go to the players."

This group is formed to support name, image and likeness. And it comes with a hefty membership fee: $5,000.

But I should also note that the aforementioned group had an initial blast of 75 members. And still growing.

That’s $375,000 up front to the players. And members are encouraged to give more, with the chance for more perks.

Now, consider that five or six more of those Nebraska football groups are expected to pop up around Lincoln and Omaha. And the folks involved in this say it could grow up to 11 soon.
These groups, or “pods,” are a smaller slice of an overall pie that keeps growing — the giant collective worth millions that goes out to current players, transfers and future stars...
...The NIL became a vehicle for recruiting. For winning.
The Athletic recently reported that a five-star football recruit received a contract with a collective (representing a school) that could be worth more than $8 million.

Blake Lawrence, the former Husker linebacker and CEO of Opendorse, predicted that the top NIL collectives would spend $10 million per year on athletes. With the majority of that booster money going to attract recruits and transfers...

Would you feel comfortable talking to Brian and George about your future in the 130th ranked offense?
Been an iowa fan my whole life, and if I was a OL, TE or on defense I would speak up about it… buuuut, even being an iowa fan my whole life, any other position and I wouldn’t have even considered iowa this year if I was a top talent. Which is truly sad.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Nah we just kept the spot warm for Iowa. Enjoy being under the rock and your racist coaching staff. GBR

up-middle-finger.gif

Sit and spin Husker dipshit. You're still a loser fan in the worst fanbase in the country

We say the same about Hickeyes. Wear Steeler uniforms and hold hands. Dinosaur coach. 🌽
The black and gold (officially Hawkeyes gold) uniforms of Iowa are one of the most recognizable in football. From a distance, you can tell you're watching Iowa (as long as it's a Saturday). Historically, they've been knocked for essentially wearing Pittsburgh Steeler knockoffs, but there's history and reason for that (you can Google it). Bottom line: nobody else has the same or even similar look in college football, and the Hawkeyes' logo is among the best in all of sports.

Officially Nebraska… when we are getting beat by first year coaches for OL it’s bad… does anyone know why he didn’t feel right at iowa? What are these guys seeing on visits? Seems like culture would NOT be the problem but maybe it is…

Someone associated with the Swarm collective indicated that Rouse wasn't on board with their NIL program and that he wasn't a good fit for it. In other words, that likely means he wasn't keen on spending his precious time at a hospital talking to sick kids or helping other charities and non-profits out through his personal appearances, time given or in-kind work. So probably not a good fit for Iowa's culture either.

Rhule and staff can recruit! That's 2 Pac-12 OL starters that are transferring in. Just got WR Kemp from Virginia who killed the ACC. DT Jeudy from A&M, former 5 stars Borders and Collier from Florida, QB Sims from Ga Tech, QB Hornsby from Arkansas, etc.

Staff seems to have a plan and know what they're doing.
You guys are like ticks. Ya just got pickle pounded 8 straight years. Guess you rodeo clowns will never learn.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT