ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tadjo new recruiting ranking

Sounds like the type of rising talent that will require serious NIL$ to keep in black and gold after his season of significant minutes.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Wow! That sounds like OG Anunoby in the making.

Nice mix of pure athleticism with Tadjo and skill with Koch.
A rebounding big is always welcome on an Iowa team that can struggle with that.
Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Pretty solid but need one more long backup at center.
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
If Mulvey makes a giant leap then we are set or go get a 7fter African out of portal.

• Wow
Reactions: Bro D and BlameIt

Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
If Mulvey makes a giant leap then we are set or go get a 7fter African out of portal.
Fran has seemingly (and rightfully) decided that the PG of the future is Harding. If Bowen stays I will be surprised. If (when) Bowen transfers, Fran needs to bring in a veteran combo guard.

Fran has seemingly (and rightfully) decided that the PG of the future is Harding. If Bowen stays I will be surprised. If (when) Bowen transfers, Fran needs to bring in a veteran combo guard.
I had heard Fran said Bowen was injured. It was news to me, but if that's the case, it may not mean him leaving.

Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
I know it's going to piss some people off but I think the long backup is going to be Patrick. I know he's said he's not coming back but Connor said the same thing and still came back. I don't see Patrick having a more attractive offer than coming back so I really do think he'll be back. Just my opinion though.

If we had signed a guard in the class to go along with him and Koch I'd agree. As of now it's a serious issue heading into next season unless Saucy T decides to return, OR Fran pulls a high major D1 guard from the portal. To be determined at this point.
Wouldn't bank on either happening, but especially not the latter. Combo guards are a priority in the transfer market and we have a weak-to-borderline-nonexistent NIL fund for basketball. Perk will get some real offers and I will be surprised if we can find someone as good as him.

If Perk and Bowen leave, then we are left with essentially two true guards on the entire roster. That's a recipe for disaster.

Wouldn't bank on either happening, but especially not the latter. Combo guards are a priority in the transfer market and we have a weak-to-borderline-nonexistent NIL fund for basketball. Perk will get some real offers and I will be surprised if we can find someone as good as him.

If Perk and Bowen leave, then we are left with essentially two true guards on the entire roster. That's a recipe for disaster.
The Tadjo article is good info---I'm a little bit surprised Fran ventured out of his comfort zone in recruiting. Seems like most of our guys are from Iowa or Illinois.

Tadjo and Koch seems like a great class but lacking in guards on a team that doesn't have a lot of guards. Tadjo addresses the Frontline PF/Center depth issue---Iowa needs post defenders and rebounders. Maybe Koch can play some PF but he seems more similar to the Sandfort Bro's in being perimeter orientated. The real issue is guard talent...especially if Perkins ends up transferring out or going pro somewhere. Harding is a nifty ball handler/passer, but I'm not convinced he can go out and get his shot vs the physical/athletic teams out there... Tony Perkins can matchup athletically/strength wise with anyone, but if he's gone we just don't have any depth behind Dix and Harding.

I have doubts that bowen comes back having been passed by Harding, but even if he does, he's doesn't seem to have the offensive skills to be a plus player.

We need a special NIL collective dedicated to Iowa men's b-ball. I fear the swarm money gets dluted everywhere. When you give at $200 level they tell you upfront you have zero input on where the money goes. I'd rather give some of my $200 to retaining Tony Perkins which I see a a big difference maker for next year's team.

I would point to Bowen Mulvey Ladji and Tadjo as recent evidence that Fran is working the east coast/ prep schools hard these days. He has and is pursuing in the DMV quite a bit since landing Luka.

I hope that Ladji and Tadjo is evidence of a decision to focus more on African immigrants who come to prep schools and are almost dominating big man recruiting across college ranks.
These guys do not grow up as KU, Kentucky or Duke fans so might be more open to an Iowa.
Having 1 or 2 of these guys on the roster could help sell more rim protecting rim- runners to come.

Reactions: LukaDuka
Lots of jammin going on in the video. Is he considered a 4 or 5?
Does he have a perimeter shot?

From what he's shown so far, Harding hasn't earned the starting spot... yet. I'd prefer we hit the portal for a stud guard than our current mix.
I think Harding has looked pretty good for a freshman playing the toughest position in basketball. There is nothing he can do about his height, but he's already a much better defender and assist guy than JBo ever was. If he can improve his shooting he'll be fine.

If I had to rank the freshmen today it's Freeman, Harding, Dembele.

Can he accept being a first year roll player? If he sits, practices and learns Fran's offense, he could be a star. Glad he's a Hawk, hopeful what he might become.

Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
I’m GUESSING that Braun could grab the backup post position. He’s already said he’s back next year and I think he’s taken this year to adjust and learn…..in his recent interview Bobby Hansen commented on Braun’s jumping ability and physical play in practice. Consequently I’m guessing he’s got the strength and athleticism to be an interior defender, a rebounder, and a guy who can set good screens….if he can shoot free throws and is playing in the system the way the coaches want….. I think he can provide backup minutes to Freeman? If Mulvey comes back it will be interesting to see how things work out.

I’m GUESSING that Braun could grab the backup post position. He’s already said he’s back next year and I think he’s taken this year to adjust and learn…..in his recent interview Bobby Hansen commented on Braun’s jumping ability and physical play in practice. Consequently I’m guessing he’s got the strength and athleticism to be an interior defender, a rebounder, and a guy who can set good screens….if he can shoot free throws and is playing in the system the way the coaches want….. I think he can provide backup minutes to Freeman? If Mulvey comes back it will be interesting to see how things work out.
I really like Brauns defense and rebounding. Wish he would have gotten mor minutes this year.

Reactions: perryhawk

Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
At this point there's been Zero indication that Tony is coming back, and I'd almost be shocked if Bowen returns. Pryce (just like his brother is a wing) and can not defend an athletic guard. Not signing a quality guard in this class is a MAJOR issue, and if Fran is not able to get a difference maker in the portal to shore this up, then we are a lllooonnnggg way from solid......

Frontcourt next year:
Owen
Ladji
Payton
Tadjo
Koch
Backcourt:
Tony
Josh
Brock
Pryce
Bowen
Solid.
Is Tony coming back next year?

I agree, and I've said this all year. Two good looking recruits, BUT once again not really addressing our biggest need for an athletic guard. Koch may be a very good player at some point. He's just the kind of guy that Fran like to build his offense around, A stretch 4 who can shoot, but its still the same old, same old with Frans roster assembly.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
Some interesting thoughts on Braun. I too think he has some un-tapped potential.

I agree, and I've said this all year. Two good looking recruits, BUT once again not really addressing our biggest need for an athletic guard. Koch may be a very good player at some point. He's just the kind of guy that Fran like to build his offense around, A stretch 4 who can shoot, but its still the same old, same old with Frans roster assembly.
Fran is not stupid enough to go into next year with Harding and Dix as the entire guard rotation on the roster.
Either Tony and Bowen return or he will have to find guys in the portal.
There are a lot of guys who have come back like Bouie of NW Scott of MD, Shannon of Illini, Walker of MSU ECT.
I think if it became known that a Tony fund could be set up and assure his return some money will be found as this team is trending up.....we will see.

Fran is not stupid enough to go into next year with Harding and Dix as the entire guard rotation on the roster.
Either Tony and Bowen return or he will have to find guys in the portal.
There are a lot of guys who have come back like Bouie of NW sco
Probably, but my concern is IF he gets someone its a mid major guy who will struggle with B1G level play.

One of the best things Braun can do for the team is bang Freeman around in practice for a year.
Beyond that, he will provide some valuable minutes. I'm pretty sure he was banged up at the beginning of the year and wasn't 100 percent until January

I know it's going to piss some people off but I think the long backup is going to be Patrick. I know he's said he's not coming back but Connor said the same thing and still came back. I don't see Patrick having a more attractive offer than coming back so I really do think he'll be back. Just my opinion though.
I'll take that bet and raise you. I think we have about the same chance of Pmac staying at Iowa as we do of Jack ending up here. And I'm fine with both.....

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Both need to say goodbye to playing basketball in Iowa City. Not trying to be rude or mean, they need a fresh start somewhere else. Jack will probably be the best of the boys in terms of playing ability and I want him to go somewhere else for his own sake. Patrick should have left a year or 2 ago as it appears playing here has been too much on his mental health and happiness. I look forward to what Fran can do without the boys around, I see good things.

Reactions: DewHawk and lucas80
Both need to say goodbye to playing basketball in Iowa City. Not trying to be rude or mean, they need a fresh start somewhere else. Jack will probably be the best of the boys in terms of playing ability and I want him to go somewhere else for his own sake. Patrick should have left a year or 2 ago as it appears playing here has been too much on his mental health and happiness. I look forward to what Fran can do without the boys around, I see good things.
I think PMac needs his family around him as his support system. It seems from afar he's a momma's boy. Not that it's a bad thing, especially with all he's been through.

I wonder if a guy like TJ Power from Duke will hit the transfer portal. Did Iowa come in second again? I can't imagine he's happy over there and now they have five more 5-star recruits coming in. He would fit in perfectly in Fran's system.

TJ, we put forwards in The League!

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT