ikesmail

HB All-American
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2005
Chicago
The following rules in College Football I want to see go away:

• 1st Down stops the clock - Go to NFL Rule
  • 1 foot catch in bounds counts as a catch - Go to NFL Rule
  • Knee down stops play - terrible rule. Should be the NFL Rule - I get they are trying to protect the player, but most of the time it is a trip, accident, etc. and no one is around the play.
  • pushing and shoving - penalties being thrown are ridiculous...these guys are hitting each other all game long and to throw a flag on 1 team for a push or a shove can ruin the flow of the game. If it is a punch or excessive than a penalty and possibly player removal is warranted. (Basically what I'm saying is the tic tac penalties are ridiculous)
  • Celebration penalities...a helmet comes off and 15 yards or something else a little over the top a flag is thrown. (C'mon Man...let the kids/team express themselves....if they bring a pen on the field to sign a ball than they are the idiots and the Coach/FANS/Media can deal with it.....). I believe the Coaches and Players will take care of this on their own without a penalty
  • What team wants to be known as the next Miami Hurricanes after a TD...not many so stop the flags
What would you liked changed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News