ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

Not saying we win, but Rutgers can't throw the ball much better than Iowa does. Unless they dominate us on the ground and punch it in when they get close, how will they score more than 10? We haven't forced a turnover in two games now either, we are pretty due to get a defensive or special teams score as well. I'm going Iowa winning 20-10.

Not saying we win, but Rutgers can't throw the ball much better than Iowa does. Unless they dominate us on the ground and punch it in when they get close, how will they score more than 10? We haven't forced a turnover in two games now either, we are pretty due to get a defensive or special teams score as well. I'm going Iowa winning 20-10.
So our defense and special teams score 10-17 points? I hope you're right....

First you qualify by "Not saying we win, but.." and then end it with Iowa winning 20-10. I'm not necessarily saying Iowa wins either, but if Iowa scores 20 points, I guarantee a win.

RU passing game is weak. Amazingly we somehow ran the ball really well on OSU. Our defense is very good (especially the secondary) but a little banged up.

I see both teams playing not to lose (3 yards and a cloud of dust) and the first team to blink will lose. Iowa home field magic may be the difference.

aliens-ancient-aliens.gif

RU passing game is weak. Amazingly we somehow ran the ball really well on OSU. Our defense is very good (especially the secondary) but a little banged up.

I see both teams playing not to lose (3 yards and a cloud of dust) and the first team to blink will lose. Iowa home field magic may be the difference.
Remember the goal is to help Iowa win the West.

Everything is about serving towards that purpose. :)

Since when do we think Rutgers is good? We’re favored, Rutgers has no QB or offense either. While we can certainly lose to anybody with our offense, I expect another similar game to what we always play. 13-9, 10-7, etc. They have no good wins, and of course have lost to the big boys they’ve played.

Since when do we think Rutgers is good? We’re favored, Rutgers has no QB or offense either. While we can certainly lose to anybody with our offense, I expect another similar game to what we always play. 13-9, 10-7, etc. They have no good wins, and of course have lost to the big boys they’ve played.
The Ohio State score was VERY deceptive. They were giving them fits for a good while before a pick-6 opened the floodgates.

ru’s total defense is ranked far ahead of iowa and so is their offense. on paper this is a mismatch. kinnick and special teams will have to make up for quite a difference. does ru have anyone like that nasty punter they brought along last time?

ru’s total defense is ranked far ahead of iowa and so is their offense. on paper this is a mismatch. kinnick and special teams will have to make up for quite a difference. does ru have anyone like that nasty punter they brought along last time?
Kinnick hasn't exactly been house of horrors for opposing teams. Losses to crap teams from ISU, Nebraska, and Minnesota. All three losses broke long winning steaks.

How can their defense be far ahead? That would mean they would be 1st or 2nd in the country, since I think we are 3rd (or were at some time this year).

Reactions: unclesammy
20??? Are we playing them twice?

How can their defense be far ahead? That would mean they would be 1st or 2nd in the country, since I think we are 3rd (or were at some time this year).
They are better at yards per game but Iowa is better in yards per play which may be a better indicator.
In either case both defenses are very good. It doesn't really matter how good of a defense Iowa is facing because they can't produce against anyone. Iowa is basically hoping to crack some big plays.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
As long as you stop the run against the Hawks (which is not that difficult), nothing to worry about.

• Haha
RU can move the ball a little better than Iowa but their QB is an int waiting to happen (and everyone knows what you guys do best)...I actually like Iowa in this game
Rutgers corners are fun to watch; unfortunately they will have to provide run support all day with the Iowa attack of ground and TE only playbook. They could actually just wear gym shoes Saturday and they’d be fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
20 points?!?!?!? Must be expecting two pick-sixes and three safeties.

• Haha
51 degrees sunny and light winds, of course will be pitch dark by 4:45ish. One of those beauty day game / night game deals.

Sundown is 4:50 on Saturday, meaning it won't be pitch dark until 5:30 to 6. But it will definitely have a second half with a night game feel.

Cooper getting 5 to 10 offensive plays would be grand.

As I said earlier in the thread, their offense did not scare me at all. That QB is as bad as it gets, which is saying something in the Big Ten. Kudos to an entire team effort today. Honestly first one all season I feel like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT