ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll accidentally shot

95% of Chicago is as safe or safer than any other major city. Just have to avoid certain pockets on the north, south and west sides.
Translated = don't go to Chicago if you have any other options.

(been a long time since I went to Wrigley last time there - "The Hawk" Andre Dawson was in the outfield and Ryne Sandberg at 2nd base. 2 HOF's)

You really think you can order an automatic weapon and have it delivered to your door? You can't have ANY gun delivered to your door. I love it when people talk guns that have no clue what they are talking about.

Google FFL (federal firearms license).

PS While you are at it, google automatic weapons and if they are even legal to buy. OMG
I had a gun delivered to my door in CA - Nobody questioned it!

I needed to be there to sign! But it did come, and I still do have it!

Last edited:
Not coming in on one side or the other but many of the mass shootings end with the perp dead so I am not sure the death penalty would be much deterrent, swift or otherwise.
Agreed. But once someone is deemed a certifiable whack-job and a threat to anyone and everyone, you put them down or lock them up and throw away the key (my preference would be the former).

Sadly, there have been many of these mass shooters that showed all the signs, yet nobody that had the power to do something about it, did anything about it. Hurt feelings and such........ridiculous.

I hope you indoctrinate the local population to be Hawkeye wrestling fans. #innercirclesouthamerica
Too late. They've been wearing Gopher tshirts for years.
tenor.gif

If your 8 year old is able to kill 20+ in a few minutes with a screw driver, thats some Jason Bourne shit.....lets not compare knives and screwdrivers with guns here. Also, if there is ever a case in which somebody was able to pull off a mass murdering with knife or screwdriver let me know. People, we have had 200+ mass shootings in the decade, that's a problem. America is #1 in very few things worldwide: 1) People incarcerated and 2) Mass shootings......those are 2 things that I am certain of and both are embarassing
And let's not compare all "guns" with semiautomatic assault rifles either. I support strict limits on fast-shooting weapons of war in civilian hands. That's why we have limits on fully automatic weapons. The topic was guns in general. You conflate the two, not me. And yes, there are cases of mass murder with knives in Croatia in WWII, but not in a few minutes. The victims were restrained, but knives were used.
But even assault rifles are tools for the military and perhaps law enforcement. A truck, fertilizer, and a 747 have all been weaponized to kill many people quickly. Just because I see guns as tools doesn't mean I don't support limits on their production or use. We're in a funny time when this polarization has left us with one self-righteous side who want to remove all guns, and the other self-righteous side who see limits on weapons of war as a violation of their constitutional rights. Crazy sh*t.

If your 8 year old is able to kill 20+ in a few minutes with a screw driver, thats some Jason Bourne shit.....lets not compare knives and screwdrivers with guns here. Also, if there is ever a case in which somebody was able to pull off a mass murdering with knife or screwdriver let me know. People, we have had 200+ mass shootings in the decade, that's a problem. America is #1 in very few things worldwide: 1) People incarcerated and 2) Mass shootings......those are 2 things that I am certain of and both are embarassing
We could eliminate the incarcerated part in one weekend, and I'm talking about the worst of the worst and those that are clearly destined to end up there that are still plaguing all of our cities, multiple repeat offenders that are walking the streets until the inevitable happens.

We have the most powerful military on Planet Earth, but we can't make every corner of every city in America safe enough to walk thru at any given time for the law abiding citizen? Give me a fricking break. One weekend. Done deal.

I'm sorry Widespread. Have I not been paying enough attention to you little man? Don't be sad bubba...it's just with all the recruits we're getting and what happened to Sam, it seems I've neglected somebody very "special" and his feels are getting hurt.
You embarrass Iowa with this comment.

What honestly makes someone that wears a uniform different that they can carry certain weapons that those who don't wear uniform can't?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
There are no “gun accidents”. Think about it. Never set down a loaded gun, every gun is loaded, every act in firing a weapon is a conscious act (open receiver, insert shell, close receiver, release safety, et al…). Failure to consciously execute any element of the procedure will cause the weapon to fail/not fire. I have owned guns (and fired many weapons during tour in Viet Nam) all my life and have always conducted myself under the dictate, ‘There are no gun accidents’.

Regarding the Stoll incident, have there been any criminal charges filed (?) against anyone (?). Surely there must be some legal liability for shooting someone in Iowa City; some consequence (student) with the University of Iowa.

Translated = don't go to Chicago if you have any other options.

(been a long time since I went to Wrigley last time there - "The Hawk" Andre Dawson was in the outfield and Ryne Sandberg at 2nd base. 2 HOF's)
CPD Cpt Murdered this year off Michigan Ave. Most murders happen to be gang on gang, however many of them are moving their attacks onto the interstate to create juristidiction issues and an easier route to flee. More State police have been moved into cook county to try to combat, but not near enough to make a major difference. If you are traveling to Chicago sometime and passing threw via Joliet. Hit me up and you can come shoot at my range, there are exceptions I make for pro 2nd Hawkeye Fans!!

CPD Cpt Murdered this year off Michigan Ave. Most murders happen to be gang on gang, however many of them are moving their attacks onto the interstate to create juristidiction issues and an easier route to flee. More State police have been moved into cook county to try to combat, but not near enough to make a major difference. If you are traveling to Chicago sometime and passing threw via Joliet. Hit me up and you can come shoot at my range, there are exceptions I make for pro 2nd Hawkeye Fans!!
You'd have to teach me how to shoot first! Well, a handgun or an AK or something anyway. I've only ever owned shotguns, like my old reliable Remington 870 12 gauge.

My small place of work has an arsenal equal to some small countries, and they have had a couple of outings to a shooting range, but I've been headed out of state on those occasions and haven't been able to make it. I'm one of the few who doesn't hold a conceal and carry license.

Amazing the amount of money these cats spend on their weaponry, ammo, loaders, bells and whistles, etc.

you're in rare form today.... I can imagine you actually resemble your avatar
That icon to the left has a story- moved from the farm to a big city in fifth grade. Mom decided we should get real hair cuts. Went to, I believe cost cutter, and got a haircut. Half way through it the hairdresser went "uhhhh" grabbed something from her station and yanked one of these out. Wasn't quite this big but big enough to squeeze and pop it.

you're in rare form today.... I can imagine you actually resemble your avatar

That icon to the left has a story- moved from the farm to a big city in fifth grade. Mom decided we should get real hair cuts. Went to, I believe cost cutter, and got a haircut. Half way through it the hairdresser went "uhhhh" grabbed something from her station and yanked one of these out. Wasn't quite this big but big enough to squeeze and pop it.

Given the content of some of your posts I thought it was a dung beetle.

Probably just got him confused with Grappler6. That guy is awesome. :cool:#GoGophers

I am going to be in Cedar Falls for the next few days. What bridge should I avoid?
Y’all could have told me the Dan Gable museum had such a hospitable neighbor. I may be a Gopher fan, but I am still a human being.

A true /csb... Haven’t seen one this strong in awhile. Congrats.

We could eliminate the incarcerated part in one weekend, and I'm talking about the worst of the worst and those that are clearly destined to end up there that are still plaguing all of our cities, multiple repeat offenders that are walking the streets until the inevitable happens.

We have the most powerful military on Planet Earth, but we can't make every corner of every city in America safe enough to walk thru at any given time for the law abiding citizen? Give me a fricking break. One weekend. Done deal.
We are far behind Russia and China, they have tech that will make Nukes look silly and simple- it will be on the news soon

And let's not compare all "guns" with semiautomatic assault rifles either. I support strict limits on fast-shooting weapons of war in civilian hands. That's why we have limits on fully automatic weapons. The topic was guns in general. You conflate the two, not me. And yes, there are cases of mass murder with knives in Croatia in WWII, but not in a few minutes. The victims were restrained, but knives were used.
But even assault rifles are tools for the military and perhaps law enforcement. A truck, fertilizer, and a 747 have all been weaponized to kill many people quickly. Just because I see guns as tools doesn't mean I don't support limits on their production or use. We're in a funny time when this polarization has left us with one self-righteous side who want to remove all guns, and the other self-righteous side who see limits on weapons of war as a violation of their constitutional rights. Crazy sh*t.
Fair enough and agree. I don’t think anybody is trying to get rid of all guns-but as we both appear to agree is that it shouldn’t be that easy to get automatic, extended clips, certain stocks, suppressor etc. I am all about hunting and rec shooting, you don’t need any of those to hunt.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT