ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders to ISU

If the definition of where kids go to school is the NFL, then ISU has RB and WR. Iowa has QB, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB and ST. So are all the kids that go to ISU that aren’t RB’s and WR’s “dumb” if they choose ISU over Iowa? Honestly, KF has kicked the crap out of MC on the recruiting trail. This year was the worst. ISU in the 50’s, Iowa in the 20’s.
Missing the point - how many RB's has Iowa put into the NFL (that have been meaningful), not players. If you want to go the NFL as a DB, OL, DL TE, then you go to IOwa. As a RB\WR\QB - not iowa.

You ISU fans are idiots. Do you think before you post?
I'm a Hawk fan Einstein - but i am not koolaided enough to say that Iowa is a pipeline for RB's.

With all that said - Tyler G is probably our next NFL RB.

Why not QB? Our last 5 starters have been drafted.
"MEANINGFUL PLAYERS" drafted is one thing (and most of those were free agents) - I did specifically state "meaningful" player. OUr last QB to vie for the Heismann was Banks. CJ (IMHO) has the makings to be a starter but needs to get on a team that will see that - SF doesn't\hasn't seen it for some reason.

"MEANINGFUL PLAYERS" drafted is one thing (and most of those were free agents) - I did specifically state "meaningful" player. OUr last QB to vie for the Heismann was Banks. CJ (IMHO) has the makings to be a starter but needs to get on a team that will see that - SF doesn't\hasn't seen it for some reason.
Why “meaningful”? Just so you can rule out players Iowa has put in the league?

So top 100 at their position isn't meaningful to you. Oh and making some nice bank doing it. Got it.

Kids look at who goes to the pros AND if they contribute...that's why.
You are trying awfully hard to be wrong. This decision was 100% made by PT availability. Iowa puts tons of guys into the NFL, RB's included. If a RB in high school thinks Iowa can only put every position on the field into the NFL, outside of RB, he isn't very bright.

So top 100 at their position isn't meaningful to you. Oh and making some nice bank doing it. Got it.

Yeah I don't know what a "meaningful" RB is either. There are 32 teams. Does "meaningful" refer to full-time starters in a one-back system? Does it include change of pace RBs since most teams now use those? Or is it only guys who put up solid numbers regardless of what RB role they play? Either way, that would equal what, 35-40 "meaningful" RBs in the NFL each year? And those would be comprised of seasoned vets, young elite guys, etc. All of a sudden most RBs in the league aren't that "meaningful". Whole thing is just loose and subjective.

Obviously Iowa is not some RB factory. But if a RB gets drafted, his college program has done right by him.

I went to both schools and could write a book about the pros and cons of each campus and the host cities. I was more dedicated to my studies when I attended Iowa State. I spent more time in the bars and restaurants during my time in Iowa City. As a young adult working and living in Cedar Rapids, I would often head down to Iowa City for fun.

I have lived in the Cedar Rapids area for 45 years. In recent years I bought a condo about a block or two from campustown in Ames. I just love spending time in Ames and having so many things within walking distance.

About 7 years ago I spent a couple days in downtown Iowa City for work and did not feel safe walking back to the hotel from Joe's Place by myself late at night. The streets were overrun with loud, totally wasted kids who appeared to be out looking for trouble or to score some drugs. I don't think they were old enough to be college kids. These were the same streets I walked many a time years before. I never felt any danger in my younger days and I hope they've cleaned up that element.

Reactions: CyRail
isu uses Applebees to impress recruits.

Game over you lose.
You realize ISU wasn’t able to “host” this recruit. When allowed I have always heard recruits are taken to Aunt Maudes and/or Hickory Park. Maybe the Applebee’s manager took it upon himself to welcome the recruit in case he drove by? If so, glad to to see the local support. That hasn’t always been the case.

About 7 years ago I spent a couple days in downtown Iowa City for work and did not feel safe walking back to the hotel from Joe's Place by myself late at night. The streets were overrun with loud, totally wasted kids who appeared to be out looking for trouble or to score some drugs. I don't think they were old enough to be college kids. These were the same streets I walked many a time years before. I never felt any danger in my younger days and I hope they've cleaned up that element.

Did you at least stop for a gyro?

You realize ISU wasn’t able to “host” this recruit. When allowed I have always heard recruits are taken to Aunt Maudes and/or Hickory Park. Maybe the Applebee’s manager took it upon himself to welcome the recruit in case he drove by? If so, glad to to see the local support. That hasn’t always been the case.

Clowns use Applebee’s to impress recruits. Makes sense when it is Ames that you are working with.

Clowns use Applebee’s to impress recruits. Makes sense when it is Ames that you are working with.
Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Showing your intelligence by resorting to name calling.

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Showing your intelligence by resorting to name calling.

My reading comprehension is just fine. Nothing that you said changes the fact that isu used Applebee’s to impress a recruit. You can try all you want but that fact won’t change.

Now run off to cryclown fanatic and claim your massive victory.

My reading comprehension is just fine. Nothing that you said changes the fact that isu used Applebee’s to impress a recruit. You can try all you want but that fact won’t change.

If our town is as bad as you say, makes it even more impressive our season was better than your season this year.

If our town is as bad as you say, makes it even more impressive our season was better than your season this year.

If isu is so awesome why is it your best season in history ends up only ranked #9 and only 9 wins?

Bbbbbbbbwwwwwwaaaaaahahahahaha

Last edited:
Hey Curial have you been able to goofier out yet how the claim from clown fans of 5* Culture is better than 5* Recruits if you can point to any schools that actually get 5* Recruits only have 9 wins as their best team in school history?

Keep ducking the question and I will keep asking. Or you can just admit it is just another bogus delusion from clown fans.

Good luck.

How old are you? Because this is either the first or second time in your entire life you can say this and it took a COVID season with half the P5 teams playing less than 7 games. LOL at you!

Reactions: HerkyFan
How old are you? Because this is either the first or second time in your entire life you can say this and it took a COVID season with half the P5 teams playing less than 7 games. LOL at you!

Clown fans sure are puffing out their chests in pride by beating a team that lost to 2-4 Oregon State and 1-3 Cal.

But at least during a once in a lifetime pandemic they had their best team in school history.

Point and laugh.

Can't help you and your conference couldn't figure it out. It wasn't that hard.

Reactions: mrcyfan

Thanks for proving my point. Curios, can you formulate a response without using the word “Clown”? Doubt it. Time to move on.

Yep clown fans can’t help it they are obsessed with big bro Iowa. The more they post here the more they prove my point.

We want more.
We want more.
We want more.

Thanks for proving my point. Curios, can you formulate a response without using the word “Clown”? Doubt it. Time to move on.

I tell you what when isu and their fans quit acting like clowns I will quit calling them that. You know what let’s take it a step further. If this really does bother you so much let’s work together to change this. I will call out each and every time a Hawk fan mocks isu or it’s fans. All you have to do is call it out and I will back you up. Now of course you agree to do the same for posts about Iowa on cyclone fanatic.

Are you up for making true change or will you run away and hide? All you have to do is accept and give us what your handle is over on cyclone fanatic so we known you are keeping up your end of the bargain. Or sign up if you aren’t already. I have several threads with 20,000 to 55,000 posts that should keep you busy.

Do we have a deal?

I tell you what when isu and their fans quit acting like clowns I will quit calling them that. You know what let’s take it a step further. If this bothers you so much I will call out each and every time a Hawk fan mocks isu or it’s fans. All you have to do is call it out and I will back you up. Now of course you agree to do the same for posts about Iowa on cyclone fanatic.

Are you up for this or do you just want this to one way? Now just give us what your handle is over on cyclone fanatic so we known you are keeping up your end of the bargain. Or sign up if you aren’t already. I have several threads with 20,000 to 55,000 posts that will keep you busy.

Do we have a deal?
You seem angry

• Haha
You seem angry

No I am trying to understand if isu fan is really bothered and wants to make change or not. It is easy to lecture others but if you want to make true change one has to change things on their side as well.

You're right, it's not ISU's fault that the other conferences botched COVID, but it's pretty obvious that they benefitted from the wacky year. I mean, you went 8-3, lost to a Sun Belt team at home by 17, and played the Pac 12 North runner-up in a NY6 bowl, but you're going to tell us with a straight face that this year was legit? Lol GTFOH.

Reactions: HerkyFan
You're right, it's not ISU's fault that the other conferences botched COVID, but it's pretty obvious that they benefitted from the wacky year. I mean, you went 8-3, lost to a Sun Belt team at home by 17, and played the Pac 12 North runner-up in a NY6 bowl, but you're going to tell us with a straight face that this year was legit? Lol GTFOH.

isu fans do all this with a straight face and then wonder why they are laughed at for it by posting it here.

isu fans do all this with a straight face and then wonder why they are laughed at for it by posting it here.

They've been so shitty at everything for so long their success-deprived fans can't handle it when they experience the tiniest bit of success. I had an ISU grad, with a straight face, argue with me for hours that ISU was a blue blood basketball school three years ago. They don't even know how to handle being mediocre.

Oh, and that was the same ISU grad who bet me $100 that Kolar would run a faster 40 at the combine that Hockenson ran 😂

Yep clown fans can’t help it they are obsessed with big bro Iowa. The more they post here the more they prove my point.

We want more.
We want more.
We want more.

Says the guy who spends more time on Cyclone Fanatics than all the rest of us combined.

LOL, as ISU sits in Covid Bball timeout. What a dolt.

Yeah, but I admit our season has sucked.

Hawk gridiron fans think they were in the running for a National Championship as they fantasize about every season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT