ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday at Kinnick is going to be FUN

Big Hawk D-Port

HR Heisman
Nov 29, 2004
1. It’s the filthy Badgers.
2. Both teams trying to position themselves for a long shot division championship, that’s not such a long shot any more.
3. Both teams now starting to play better after rough starts.
4. Crisp, chilly fall day.
5. Arguably the most compelling game in the BIG.
6. Bowl eligibility and pecking order on the line.
7. Trophy game.
8. **** Wisconsin.

I thought the Washed up Walkons were talking about broadcasting the toolbox game as well…… that could be fun too

We need to break out the black pants.
Iowa, and everybody else, needs to give up the foolishness of the "alternate" uniform craze. It's been done . . . and usually exceedingly poorly . . . and it's past time to go back to the tradition of wearing your school colors and standard uniform . . . the ENTIRE damn season.

BTW: What Iowa needs is everything EXCEPT black pants. Frank Lauterbur did that way back in the 1970s to launch his 3-year stint in Iowa City that ended with an 0-11 season in 1973 . . . so that style is far from new. FWIW.

Iowa, and everybody else, needs to give up the foolishness of the "alternate" uniform craze. It's been done . . . and usually exceedingly poorly . . . and it's past time to go back to the tradition of wearing your school colors and standard uniform . . . the ENTIRE damn season.

Tell that to Oregon

Week 1 of 2 (Wiscy, then Minny) of de facto B1G West championship elimination games, right? Illinois still has some work to do with Purdue, Michigan, and NW. I expect them to be able to handle NW (although we saw what the Wildcats can do in adverse conditions and who knows what that last weekend of the regular season could bring), but is it unrealistic that they could lose to both Purdue and Michigan as well...perhaps not. Lose either of the next 2 and we'll get an extra week to prepare for the bowl exhibition season.

BTW: What Iowa needs is everything EXCEPT black pants. Frank Lauterbur did that way back in the 1970s to launch his 3-year stint in Iowa City that ended with an 0-11 season in 1973 . . . so that style is far from new. FWIW.

I bet you're fun at a party.

What's foolish about wearing black pants?

By the way, we're undefeated in black pants since those 70s uniforms.

Can't make this week, but I'm considering coming up for UNL. I'm eyeing some tickets in Kinnick Edge section.

Oldmanyellsatcloud.gif

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The lights will be on all game. It will be mostly dark for the second half. I looked out my Iowa City window at 5:40 last night and only the last traces of sunlight were on the horizon.

Let's bring home a W.

I mostly agree, although I like the occasional throwbacks. And I don't get the fascination with the color black. Black pants would be terrible.

And to the OP......it's not going to be a crisp fall day. It's going to be freaking COLD!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Cold and windy. I hope that works in the Hawks favor but with Wisky might be a push.

Cold and windy. I hope that works in the Hawks favor but with Wisky might be a push.
hawks ranked #1 in yards per play averaging only 3.85 yards. I will take that all day long, and 4th in offensive touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT