ADVERTISEMENT

Schwab heading to OU?

Willie, after lhfao:

hqdefault.jpg

I don't like overbearing religious people. Understand. If you can't handle the acronym JFC on a wrestling board you should go someplace else.
Well, he doesn't like overbearing religion trashing posters. If you can't handle that then maybe you should go someplace else.

Just because he finds its very disrespectful (which it is) doesn't mean he can't handle it.

Well, he doesn't like overbearing religion trashing posters. If you can't handle that then maybe you should go someplace else.

Just because he finds its very disrespectful (which it is) doesn't mean he can't handle it.
Haha. Such a shock that you would respond. This board is hilarious.

Maybe we should post the 'N" word frequently here and tell anyone if they can't take the "N" word on a wrestling site, they should leave. Let's ask Gabe's dad how he would feel about that.
"JFC" is just as offensive to those who feel they have a personal relationship with Christ and those who seek to live a purer and more spiritual life in a Christian manner. It is simply being respectful not to add it to a conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: cjr1310
Maybe we should post the 'N" word frequently here and tell anyone if they can't take the "N" word on a wrestling site, they should leave. Let's ask Gabe's dad how he would feel about that.
"JFC" is just as offensive to those who feel they have a personal relationship with Christ and those who seek to live a purer and more spiritual life in a Christian manner. It is simply being respectful not to add it to a conversation.
Yeah. No.

Apple meet dragon fruit.

JFC is FAR MORE in the vernacular than the “N” word will ever be in polite conversation. No different than GD.

Weird hill to die on, but you be you, I guess. #stayoffended

Is this a religion board? JFC.
Naw dawg. But as the great Aaron Tippin says - you’ve got to stand for something or you’ll fall for everything. I’m not on here pushing an agenda or being evangelical in any way but I will stand up for the savior of the world. If that ruffles your feathers, or anyone’s on here for that matter, I’m okay with it.

It is simply being respectful
Some seem not to ascribe to politeness for politeness sake. Some may see voluntary subservience to another's language preference as somehow self-diminishing or taking away their rights.

I personally don't understand the psychology behind these kinds of approaches to discussion in a public forum, even as I realize I don't necessarily associate civility as a hallmark of 'The Cesspool.' Some GIA posters are more civil than others.

Still, if someone takes offense to my language choice and politely asks for consideration of their sensibilities, it's not much effort for me acknowledge their feelings or beliefs and act to be less offensive (even when I might not collectively experience reciprocity, although admittedly that might make it tougher for my ego to handle).

Yeah. No.

Apple meet dragon fruit.

JFC is FAR MORE in the vernacular than the “N” word will ever be in polite conversation. No different than GD.

Weird hill to die on, but you be you, I guess. #stayoffended
Being in the vernacular does not make it less offensive to some people. This is not complicated. Choose to offend people or not, but don't think you have a legitimate argument as to whether they should be offended or not.
I realize that the PC police have only left 4 groups that can be insulted or ridiculed - with those three being
1 Straight white males
2 Conservatives
3 Rednecks
4 Christians
They are not even asking not to be ridiculed or insulted. All they wish is that you would not offend them by using a certain phrase. It doesn't seem like much to ask coming from someone who shares one of the same passions that you do: Hawkeye wrestling.

Self awareness isn’t your strong suit. Look in the mirror squirt. Internet pussy and life loser. Masking you’re severe immaturity and insecurity here ain’t it.
I know I should stop but this is wonderful. I can just see the veins in your forehead. Did you even wrestle?

dont-88ragz.gif

I know I should stop but this is wonderful. I can just see the veins in your forehead. Did you even wrestle?
Lol! This is great. Far from angry. It’s just the facts. And yes I did. Didn’t know that was required to recognize a paranoid blowhard. Have you ever been proud of yourself? No need to answer.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT