ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Scheffler thrown in cuffs on his way to PGA Round 2

Scottie shouldn't agree to anything, even if he doesn't intend to sue.

Gillis needs to be charged with filing a false police report, and fired.

Laws need to be changed so that police filing a false police report can be sentenced to the same penalty as the charges they filed carry.

How many people don't have the means to get the various videos that emerged?

Yup. I understand wanting to just make it all go away, but the LPD and everyone who kept this going are straight up pinocchio-ing here and if it were me, I'd get my pound(s) of flesh.
It speaks to Scottie’s personality. Simply wants to move on and do his thing.

Reactions: Mister_Man
For reals. His credibility will always be in question going forward.

The prosecutor needs to do some self examination as well. The initial hearing last week was a farce.
It's typical behavior for some cops. You barely touch them and it's either assault or resisting arrest. The guy got pissed at Scotty because he did following his orders or maybe his hand directions. Hopefully, Scotty didn't get injured when he got yanked out of the car. I have seen enough videos where a cop can get pretty violent when pissed off. Again it's some cops, for every dickhead like this guy there are 10 or 20 good police officers.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Did we ever get a picture of the ruined pants or any other corroborating evidence from the police report.

Dropped charges to dodge civil suit.

Pretty pathetic.
Actually, Scottie's attorney said there was no quid pro quo on that. He said he made it clear that was off the table. This was the 15 minute press conference after the hearing today.

In that case, I hope Scheffler files a civil suit.
The attorney addressed that as well. He said Scottie didn't want to do that because it would ultimately be the taxpayers paying for it. He just wants to put it behind him.

Scottie should have the arrest expunged though. I know he travels by private aircraft, but even an arrest (without conviction) can be a reason to not be allowed Global Entry in the US, and the ability to travel to other countries based on their rules. Police obviously don't care about such things when they say the court will figure it out.

That cop’s attitude and personality are on full display right there in that statement. Scheffler let him off the hook, the attorneys protected him…and he still had to take another shot at someone in public because they pissed him off.

That guy should not be a cop. How many examples do they need?

This feel like extortion if Scott by the police, prosecution, and the city of Louisville. We will not drop the charges unless you agree not to sue us

I think there should be an immediate investigation of this plea deal and tge judge should set aside that provision.

Hopefully more will leak and we can find out who drove the deal …

Reactions: hawkedoff
That cop’s attitude and personality are on full display right there in that statement. Scheffler let him off the hook, the attorneys protected him…and he still had to take another shot at someone in public because they pissed him off.

I’d like to know how many court dates he missed. For a guy to be a detective. That’s a really strong liability.

This cop is a major major ahole and should be removed from duty with haste.

I read his statement this morning and legit thought it wasn't real. I thought it was a meme or someone playing a joke.

Nope, it's 100% real. That's his statement. I think it's time he be removed from any kind of position of authority.

It’s stuff like this that contributes to my skepticism of police statements - too many seem to think they’re untouchable and can always find ways to justify their actions.

It’s stuff like this that contributes to my skepticism of police statements - too many seem to think they’re untouchable and can always find ways to justify their actions.

Yep. This guy’s word is gold because of the costume he wears. Most everyone will believe him unless there is overwhelming video or other evidence to the contrary.

40 million paid out in misconduct settlements over 5 years

City of Louisville pays settlement to woman groped in gas station by on-duty police officer

• Wow
Reactions: noleclone2
Officer got a boo boo.

family guy knee injury GIF

And if the guy isn’t Scottie with money and one of the best attorneys around, he’s facing a felony assault charge.

How do you reform this?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT