ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Scheffler thrown in cuffs on his way to PGA Round 2

Clear felony assault of officer.

I’m completely shocked that video disproves a police officer’s written version of events.

I’m also shocked that all the other officers at the scene corroborated the false report, none of them had their body cameras on, that the police hierarchy, mayor and prosecutor all unquestioningly support the officer’s version of events based solely upon his word.

This is like the first time any of this has ever happened.

Last edited:
Agreed....where in that video is the officer "dragged" 10 feet or whatever.....and where does he sustain bad enough injuries he had to go to the hospital? What a joke.
LPD says they don’t have footage of when he was dragged and hit. But from the officers reactions around the incident. None of the blue appear to be in a panic over their fellow officer in danger. Or they all missed it.

When cases don’t involve any real assault or injury the SOP needs to be: to STFU with statements until body cam video head been reviewed. If there is none, drop all charges immediately.

This guy should be fired.

Wrecking his vehicle and missing court should get some attention as well. What discipline did he get for that.

Reactions: hawkedoff
I’m completely shocked that video disproves a police officer’s written version of events.

I’m also shocked that all the other officers at the scene corroborated the false report, none of them had their body cameras on, that the police hierarchy, mayor and prosecutor all unquestioningly support the officer’s version of events based solely upon his word.

Incidents like this are exactly why I don’t support the death penalty. At least one of the reasons. You don’t think there are officers who fake stuff to get a conviction?

When cases don’t involve any real assault or injury the SOP needs to be: to STFU with statements until body cam video head been reviewed. If there is none, drop all charges immediately.

This guy should be fired.
Took 4 and 1/2 months for an incident to get processed. Which I assume had multiple witnesses. How long will it take them to work up the guts to fire him.?
I’m going to say at worst taking the officers word about being hit. He probably got clipped by Scottie’s mirror at 4 mph and it might have moved him a couple feet. Then the officer in for a penny in for pound from there.

Reactions: Finance85
Incidents like this are exactly why I don’t support the death penalty. At least one of the reasons. You don’t think there are officers who fake stuff to get a conviction?
Cop should have arrested Phil Mickelson. Then everyone would back the blue here.
It’s human nature to try and put yourself in the best light or version. Corroborating evidence to me always speaks louder than eye witnesses.

While it didn’t prove the officer’s version, did it actually disprove anything?

Didn’t a media person write he saw the officer attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicle moved 10 yds or so after the first interaction? That view doesn’t show anything like that.

With both the vehicle and officer entering the view from an approximate similar location, it would appear the initial interaction likely took place where the view was obstructed by traffic.

While it didn’t prove the officer’s version, did it actually disprove anything?

Didn’t a media person write he saw the officer attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicle moved 10 yds or so after the first interaction? That view doesn’t show anything like that.

With both the vehicle and officer entering the view from an approximate similar location, it would appear the initial interaction likely took place where the view was obstructed by traffic.
Then, outside of the officer's word, the only evidence is the video. Maybe, if he had followed protocol and had his body camera on, there would be something to support his claims.

Video Of Scottie Scheffler's "Assault On A Police Officer" & Arrest Has Been Released | Pat McAfee

FSU law grad

Real Lawyer Reacts: LMPD Press Conference + New Scottie Scheffler Video Footage From His Arrest

Then, outside of the officer's word, the only evidence is the video.
Well, there are the two media people which witnessed it to varying degrees.

What they describe is more than just what was visible in the video.
Maybe, if he had followed protocol and had his body camera on,
If he had one, then yes.

And if SS had followed driving laws, he would have stopped for the officer and none of this would have occurred.
there would be something to support his claims.
There may be other officers as witnesses. Both media guys do claim SS ignored a policeman’s order.

I only stated the video didn’t show everything, which some posters are claiming.

Well, there are the two media people which witnessed it to varying degrees.

What they describe is more than just what was visible in the video.

If he had one, then yes.

And if SS had followed driving laws, he would have stopped for the officer and none of this would have occurred.

There may be other officers as witnesses. Both media guys do claim SS ignored a policeman’s order.

I only stated the video didn’t show everything, which some posters are claiming.

At this point, there is no reason to believe that any infraction was committed by the golfer at any point.

Reactions: torbee and DFSNOLE
Cop lied about being dragged 80 feet. Should be fired for that period. If law enforcement can’t be trusted we have nothing.
Police report says dragged about ten yards. Which is at thirty feet still seems unlikely. If no one else can back that up other than his fellow officers. I’m going to say BS. Because 30 feet is still a heck of a distance to go unnoticed at 4 mph.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Cop lied about being dragged 80 feet. Should be fired for that period. If law enforcement can’t be trusted we have nothing.

Yep, and the body cam violations too. Instead we are subjected to the usual lectures about following commands and obeying all laws.

At this point, there is no reason to believe that any infraction was committed by the golfer at any point.
I replied to your earlier post claiming the video disproved the police account. It did not as I posted. You doubled down with a post using an analysis of the same video by loudmouth McAfee, as if that is supposed to prove, or even be impressive.

SS did commit at least a minor moving vehicle infraction by not following the directions of an officer. I made no judgement as to whether it was malicious, intentional, or unintentional.

There's a hearing this afternoon in the case. The hearing was apparently requested by the prosecutor.

Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell will address the court at 1 p.m. ET while attorney Steve Romines will appear on behalf of Scheffler, who lives in Texas and has permission to miss this hearing that only recently appeared on the court docket.

Josh Abner, O’Connell’s spokesperson, declined to comment on what Wednesday’s hearing is about. Last week, Scheffler’s arraignment was pushed back to June 3.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I support the death penalty in cases of super proof, like when there are multiple independent videos showing someone doing something heinous. Otherwise, yeah, procedural justice issues are real.

Methinks this is a huge win for LPD and Scotty can get back to winning golf tournaments.
My thinking is that the police were out of bounds here… and a lot of that is based on prior actions of that department.
Maybe so, but the real question is why are you wearing a Kaiser helmet in your avatar?

I support the death penalty in cases of super proof, like when there are multiple independent videos showing someone doing something heinous. Otherwise, yeah, procedural justice issues are real.
If anyone doubts this to be true simply go look at the innocence project website. It will make reasonable people sick to their stomach

This feel like extortion if Scott by the police, prosecution, and the city of Louisville. We will not drop the charges unless you agree not to sue us

I think there should be an immediate investigation of this plea deal and tge judge should set aside that provision.

Yup. I understand wanting to just make it all go away, but the LPD and everyone who kept this going are straight up pinocchio-ing here and if it were me, I'd get my pound(s) of flesh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT