ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

My son has trail cam pics of a bobcat with 3 cubs walking behind her from this summer in the daylight. Pretty cool and at about 10 yards.
Wow, that is rare indeed!

I live on Wildcat canyon, but have never seen one. They and all other animals are here as the bottom has a year long stream. My neighbor had some break into his "gentleman's" chicken coop. He later trapped two and killed em. I to;d him he shoulda built a better coop.

My son has trail cam pics of a bobcat with 3 cubs walking behind her from this summer in the daylight. Pretty cool and at about 10 yards.
I was in a tree stand a couple years ago and had deer all around when all of a sudden they perked up and took off. I was like WTF and then all of a sudden here comes a mama bobcat and 3 cubs behind her. She sat down about 30 yards away and the cubs wrestled with each other for about 5 minutes before they went along their way.

I was in a tree stand a couple years ago and had deer all around when all of a sudden they perked up and took off. I was like WTF and then all of a sudden here comes a mama bobcat and 3 cubs behind her. She sat down about 30 yards away and the cubs wrestled with each other for about 5 minutes before they went along their way.
That is pretty cool. I have never seen one in person, but have heard them before. They are super solitary. Their scream sends a chill down your spine for sure. Right up there with a rattle from a rattler imo.

Camped at a small 2-3 acre lake with the horses as a 15 year old. A bunch of us has left after chores and ridden into this high mountain lake. About 3:00 in the morning a mountain lion screamed on the other side of the lake. Woke us all up. Horses started snorting and blowing and honestly scared the crap out of us all. We might have pretended to be tough but at that moment we were anything but. Added a couple logs to the fire and built it up. Never saw the cat but we saw his tracks the next morning.

Another one that will humble the most macho among you is to see a big grizzly tossing logs looking for grubs. We were back in the Bechler corner of Yellowstone when we spotted a grizz up on the side of a hill. He didn't give a rip about us. He was rolling big logs around like toothpicks eating ants and grubs. It was more than a little humbling to know i was not the top of the food chain in this location. Same trip we were fishing along Mount Ash Creek before it flows into Fall River. There are willows and mud flats. Have a picture of a dinner plate sitting inside a bear track. Lost my desire to fish that section when I found a steaming pile of bear scat. I found a yellow steak down my back that day.

That is pretty cool. I have never seen one in person, but have heard them before. They are super solitary. Their scream sends a chill down your spine for sure. Right up there with a rattle from a rattler imo.
You are right about that, their scream is something else. I was probably around 12-13 the first time I heard one. Coming out of the timber with my coonhound. Scared the crap out of me. Got back the house, told my dad what I heard and he smiled, said yep that was a bobcat. They aren't a hard animal to trap if you put a little time towards it. Easier than a coyote in my opinion. We just don't have as many bobcats in my area compared to coyotes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT