ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle comedy club cancels four separate shows citing “Neighborhood ethos”. Lol.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
These are for the most part, pretty tame comedians. You’d think a comedy club would know both the neighborhood it’s in OR the kind of comedians it hires. Cancelling 4 separate shows is pretty crazy. The email from the club is so awfulfunnysad.

@funnyfletcher you ever work there?

From Jim Florentine
I guess I need to clean up my act. My comedy shows in Seattle are cancelled along with @luisjgomez
@ComicDaveSmith
and @kurtmetzger
Message from the Comedy Club:

After careful consideration and discussions with our team, investors, local comedians, and neighborhood advocacy groups, we've encountered a challenging situation that requires us to revisit the planned shows. Capitol Hill is known for its progressive values, and we've received significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood's ethos. This feedback includes concerns from local advocacy groups that are deeply embedded in our community and work towards upholding its values.

Given the feedback and to avoid any potential negative impact on both our club and the artists involved, as well as to maintain the harmony within our community, we believe the most responsible course of action is to not move forward with the shows for Dave Smith on April 11th, Luis J Gomez for May 31st-June 1st, Jim Florentine for September 20th-21st and sadly Kurt Metzger on October 11th-12th as well. This decision was not made lightly, and we want to ensure it does not reflect on your talent and the quality of your work but is instead a reflection of our commitment to our community's values.

We will also ensure that any tickets sold are refunded promptly to our patrons, and we will communicate this decision to them with the sensitivity and respect it deserves.

We truly value the art of comedy and the diverse perspectives it brings to our lives. It's our hope that we can find a way to work together in the future under different circumstances. In the meantime, we are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible and are here to discuss any concerns or questions you may have.

Thank you for your understanding and your incredible contributions to the world of comedy. We wish you all the best in your upcoming projects and hope to have the opportunity to collaborate in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
These are for the most part, pretty tame comedians. You’d think a comedy club would know both the neighborhood it’s in OR the kind of comedians it hires. Cancelling 4 separate shows is pretty crazy. The email from the club is so awfulfunnysad.

From Jim Florentine
I guess I need to clean up my act. My comedy shows in Seattle are cancelled along with @luisjgomez
@ComicDaveSmith
and @kurtmetzger

After careful consideration and discussions with our team, investors, local comedians, and neighborhood advocacy groups, we've encountered a challenging situation that requires us to revisit the planned shows. Capitol Hill is known for its progressive values, and we've received significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood's ethos. This feedback includes concerns from local advocacy groups that are deeply embedded in our community and work towards upholding its values.

Given the feedback and to avoid any potential negative impact on both our club and the artists involved, as well as to maintain the harmony within our community, we believe the most responsible course of action is to not move forward with the shows for Dave Smith on April 11th, Luis J Gomez for May 31st-June 1st, Jim Florentine for September 20th-21st and sadly Kurt Metzger on October 11th-12th as well. This decision was not made lightly, and we want to ensure it does not reflect on your talent and the quality of your work but is instead a reflection of our commitment to our community's values.

We will also ensure that any tickets sold are refunded promptly to our patrons, and we will communicate this decision to them with the sensitivity and respect it deserves.

We truly value the art of comedy and the diverse perspectives it brings to our lives. It's our hope that we can find a way to work together in the future under different circumstances. In the meantime, we are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible and are here to discuss any concerns or questions you may have.

Thank you for your understanding and your incredible contributions to the world of comedy. We wish you all the best in your upcoming projects and hope to have the opportunity to collaborate in the future.
I had never even heard of the place until this past weekend

Reactions: FAUlty Gator

We truly value the art of comedy and the diverse perspectives it brings to our lives.
Obviously this part of their statement is a lie.

I hope you’re kidding. Robin definitely had a smoking hot phase.
Pic?
Robin_Quivers_2023.jpg

Ain’t seeing it.

Reactions: Panic1769
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT