ADVERTISEMENT

Sebolt Expands to IC

ISU is rated highly engineering wise.. my dad was a tech and said isu guys were dumber than the iowa engineer grads. He is biased and ended up hating all of them.
I suspect if education funding continues to dwindle, UNI and Iowa will survive and ISU will become a JUCO.

The loss of AAU status was the first step.

Perhaps something changed with Columbia offer?

Turning down an Ivy League degree to wrestle at ISU? LOL
I don’t think anything changed with their Columbia offer but they probably now qualify for in-state for Iowa. They also said they had storm damage to their family home and that they weren’t guaranteed a spot in Columbia’s engineering program their first year on campus.

I don’t think anything changed with their Columbia offer but they probably now qualify for in-state for Iowa. They also said they had storm damage to their family home and that they weren’t guaranteed a spot in Columbia’s engineering program their first year on campus.

I still don't get it. It's still Columbia. The easiest bet any wrestler should be able to make is on him/herself. Hell, it's what they're doing at ISU - for "wrestling."

• Haha
Reactions: pumpdog20
Perhaps something changed with Columbia offer?

Turning down an Ivy League degree to wrestle at ISU? LOL
They didn't get into Columbia School of Engineering and didn't want to wait a year. They didn't realize Iowa St had such a good Engineering School so after looking around they picked Ames

Hence my previous comment about it being a bad life decision.
Unless you can predict the future, you have no idea if it's a bad decision or not.

Now if their decision was to go to Columbia or join the Bloods or Crips instead we're on the same page I suspect.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
I think it's a possibility. A State the size of Iowa having three public universities is really not needed.
Lol I never thought of it that way. But they’re all filled to the gills, so there’s that.

There will always be a niche for controlling parents who want their kids to go to school in low-distraction environments, I’m guessing.

Reactions: MitchLL
Lol I never thought of it that way. But they’re all filled to the gills, so there’s that.

There will always be a niche for controlling parents who want their kids to go to school in low-distraction environments, I’m guessing.
I think UNI had its lowest enrollment since the mid 70’s last year. Not that any of them would ever be a JC but UNI seems to be struggling the most.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT