ADVERTISEMENT

Seeking an explanation . . .

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004

Not posting this on the gambling thread in the Iowa Football section simply because it is directed to an adjacent issue.

Can someone explain to me why Brenna Bird - if her office had no involvement in the DCI investigation or bringing criminal charges against those who were charged - thought it would be a good idea to agree to a video recorded interview where she basically concluded . . . "if you have questions about the investigation, go the the Department of Public Safety."

You need to set up the camera, she got mic'd up, took time away from whatever else she may be doing to effectively say "not my department." Strikes me as odd.

And, FWIW, I don't disagree with her. DPS/DCI is not under the auspices of the AG's officer or the Iowa DOJ.

What I will be watching is, if (and I stress IF) these officers are found to have engaged in unlawful conduct, will the the Governor and/or the AG's office pursue charges? Or, will it be brushed under the rug?

Not posting this on the gambling thread in the Iowa Football section simply because it is directed to an adjacent issue.

Can someone explain to me why Brenna Bird - if her office had no involvement in the DCI investigation or bringing criminal charges against those who were charged - thought it would be a good idea to agree to a video recorded interview where she basically concluded . . . "if you have questions about the investigation, go the the Department of Public Safety."

You need to set up the camera, she got mic'd up, took time away from whatever else she may be doing to effectively say "not my department." Strikes me as odd.

And, FWIW, I don't disagree with her. DPS/DCI is not under the auspices of the AG's officer or the Iowa DOJ.

What I will be watching is, if (and I stress IF) these officers are found to have engaged in unlawful conduct, will the the Governor and/or the AG's office pursue charges? Or, will it be brushed under the rug?

Do you believe she only agreed to an interview for the limited purpose of the gambling case?

🤷 maybe she was the ugly chick that never got hit on by the jocks and now she's getting them back?

Reactions: auntie_fah

Perhaps you missed the news, but there’s stinking rot in the Statehouse and it’s twice that in the mansion.

She has no concerns . . . So we are all good. Otherwise check with DPS. Already trying to CYA..

How the AG has no opinion on a warrantless search that hurt both of our key college institutions is disappointing. But, I suspect many around this issue are looking to minimize their role in what happened. The attorneys for the charged and suspended athletes should get those FOIA requests in sooner than later.

Reactions: bunsen82
This is such a gross allegation you put out there with zero evidence.

she clearly has slump buster written all over her
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Reactions: ButtersHawk
She is ther to try to distance herself. However she is now on record saying she has no concerns about the investigation. The definition of stupidity as we already know there are major concerns, So either she doesn’t know what a legal or illegal search is she. Wants to give support to try and calm the waters.

The Gov supports this. So, I fully expect them to sweep under the rug if they can or fight every step of the way to avoid admitting fault. Or, if they eventually lose they will blame others. No possible way they say this was a mistake and we will deal with it appropriately. A bunch or lawsuits against the state are coming and we the tax payers are going to be on the hook for it all.

Reactions: lucas80

Politically, they'd have to pursue charges. Sweeping it under the rug is automatic removal from office, and Reynolds has already given the quotes on camera necessary to get her votes out.

Effing up kids lives on your favorite sports team transcends politics in Iowa, and Reynolds is waist deep now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT