ADVERTISEMENT

Senate Dems shirk Constitutional Duty and just Dismiss Mayorkas Impeachment

We should impeach OP for starting sh*tty threads.
John C Reilly Yes GIF

Um, what?

The GOP would need all their votes plus 18 democrats to convict.

There were 51 votes to dismiss the impeachment. You think 18 of those would have impeached on what they determined to be defective articles?

Come on.
Worded poorly. Sorry. Dems have well over a third to not convict. Which is why a hearing was a slam dunk. They don’t want any border talk going out publicly and that’s why they’re doing it this way.

Again: what was the high crime or misdemeanor that was worthy of this effort?
The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials. Offenses by officials also include ordinary crimes, but perhaps with different standards of proof and punishment than for non-officials, on the grounds that more is expected of officials by their oaths of office.

Since 1386, the English Parliament had used the term "high crimes and misdemeanors" to describe one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of "high crimes and misdemeanors" were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, helping "suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament," etc.[9]

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD and Kelsers
Yup. And I said as much. GOP is complicit in this with that bullshit move not even bringing the bill up for a vote. They should impeach themselves as well.
So you know it’s a disingenuous and sham political stunt and you made this thread anyway?

Seems dumb.

The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials. Offenses by officials also include ordinary crimes, but perhaps with different standards of proof and punishment than for non-officials, on the grounds that more is expected of officials by their oaths of office.

Since 1386, the English Parliament had used the term "high crimes and misdemeanors" to describe one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of "high crimes and misdemeanors" were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, helping "suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament," etc.[9]

That’s awesome.

But in your option: what is the crime? Given the current laws concerning asylum: What. Is. The. Crime?

Your outrage is cute. But give me f’in original thought how this was worth the Senate’s time.

The crime is the porous border. This and your stupid other failures should allow the rs to triumph in the next election.

LOL

So a “porous border” is now a high crime? Got it.

So you supported impeaching John Kelly and Kirsten Nielsen too?

After all thousands a day were coming through - that’s a porous border - when they were Secretary.

That’s awesome.

But in your option: what is the crime? Given the current laws concerning asylum: What. Is. The. Crime?

Your outrage is cute. But give me f’in original thought how this was worth the Senate’s time.
The Senate holds a trial and determines if a crime was committed. That’s how this works.

And again “high crimes” as used by the founding fathers dealt with those accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament…

You don’t think “catch and release” could qualify as “not prosecuting cases” at the very least?

The Senate holds a trial and determines if a crime was committed. That’s how this works.

And again “high crimes” as used by the founding fathers dealt with those accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament…

You don’t think “catch and release” could qualify as “not prosecuting cases” at the very least?

Nope. Not until the laws/rules around claiming asylum are resolved

This ain’t hard, gator. I know you want the outrage and the posturing. This isn’t the great, shining moment on the hilltop to die for.

Nope. Not until the laws/rules around claiming asylum are resolved

This ain’t hard, gator. I know you want the outrage and the posturing. This isn’t the great, shining moment on the hilltop to die for.
Why are you limiting this to “asylum”?

I'm totally OK with this. Political impeachments are ridiculous, and a waste of taxpayer money. Now, let's hope they remember that the next time they impeach a someone for purely political reasons. The last legit impeachment was...Nixon.

I'm totally OK with this. Political impeachments are ridiculous, and a waste of taxpayer money. Now, let's hope they remember that the next time they impeach a someone for purely political reasons. The last legit impeachment was...Nixon.

All impeachments have been and will be political.

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
The “You must respect our institutions” people.
The ems reminded the GOP/MAGA wing-nuts who te adults in the room are…..are again. Talk about a phuquin’ waste of time……but ten what do you expect fron the Republicans leads House.,…,.who takes their marching orders from The Traitor? I bet Marjorie is pissed! 🤐

Troll bait

Reactions: HawkMD
Disagree, 100%! Trump should have been removed from office for his part in the Insurrection of 1/6/21….I watched the fat orange sumbitch for 4 hours that day….he was busy instigating a riot against the United States of America……

Disagree, 100%! Trump should have been removed from office for his part in the Insurrection of 1/6/21….I watched the fat orange sumbitch for 4 hours that day….he was busy instigating a riot against the United States of America……
WTF, bro??! You need to get some penicillin for your 🚓 🚨 advanced syphilis about three months ago!!!!!!!!! Stay out duh ho houses!!

1/6 was nada compared to this >

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sp...adversary-blows-lid-off-previous-years-record

Biden made 13 executive orders that turned the border into a mess right out of the gate. Then turned around and said “There’s nothing I can do!” Like a crazy person.
Please elaborate how each of these orders turned the border into a mess. I looked this up after you brought it up another time and I would love for you to explain how each of these orders made things worse. Or were you just enthralled with Safari Ted Cruz making shit up 2 weeks into the Biden presidency?

Sometimes you should look at who likes your posts and maybe rethink your board personality. It’s generally the Trumpers whose cult leader you say you despise.

His impeachments were totally political. End of argument. He did nothing to incite an insurrection, although he didn't do enough quick enough to stop the riot either. Of course we now know that Pelosi also had a hand in the inaction taken as well.

Honestly Mayorkas has cost far more American lives than trump did on Jan 6, yet I still am capable of recognizing this is a political impeachments, not a legitimate one.

His impeachments were totally political. End of argument. He did nothing to incite an insurrection, although he didn't do enough quick enough to stop the riot either. Of course we now know that Pelosi also had a hand in the inaction taken as well.

Honestly Mayorkas has cost far more American lives than trump did on Jan 6, yet I still am capable of recognizing this is a political impeachments, not a legitimate one.
Still rolling with the trolling. Respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT