ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously CNNSI.com guy?

I'm guessing these guys spend about 30 seconds putting these brackets together. In fact, I probably spent more time looking at his bracket than he did before he submitted it.

To be fair.... it would be a pretty sweet ride full of REDEMPTION for the hawks :)

Rd 1 - Boise State
Rd 2 - Iowa State (Redemption)
Sweet 16 - Wisconsin (Redemption)
Elite 8 - Northern Iowa (Redemption)

Of course that wont HAPPEN, but it'd be really funny if it did.

I could be wrong here, but isnt it a general rule that a team wont face a team it has already played that season in the first 2 rounds. Or at least the committee does everything they can to make sure that it doesnt happen. I cant imaging the hawks would have the opportunity to play iowa state in the round of 32.

Again, I might have just heard someone say that once and assumed it was true

Originally posted by meatloaf55:
I could be wrong here, but isnt it a general rule that a team wont face a team it has already played that season in the first 2 rounds. Or at least the committee does everything they can to make sure that it doesnt happen. I cant imaging the hawks would have the opportunity to play iowa state in the round of 32.

That used to be true about conference opponents only. I think that's been ammended since the advent of the "super-leagues" as there are now just too many teams to accomodate that. I think you're only protected from a 1st round re-match with a conference opponent.

I don't think there ever has been a policy on non-conference re-matches.

Off the top of my head i though it was round of 64 no one with 1 play can play, 32 was 2, and 16 was 3. I do believe they try to resist rematches as much as possible.

Regardless of any current rules or guidance, I don't think the committee would possibly load that many rematch scenarios into one bracket. I'd buy one or maybe two if the second was the regional final, but 3 possible rematch games for one team? No way.

I could see ISU and UNI in the same bracket as they did not play each other. But i doubt either one would advance far enough to play each other anyway.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

That's ridiculous. Just reinforces what boobs sportscasters are, and makes me glad they aren't on the selection committee.

I'm just being a little cynical here but I could see them doing this, you wouldn't want to take a chance on to many schools from Iowa advancing to far in the tournament. I really hope they all end up in different brackets.

Originally posted by yerpHAWK:
I could be wrong here, but isnt it a general rule that a team wont face a team it has already played that season in the first 2 rounds.  Or at least the committee does everything they can to make sure that it doesnt happen.  I cant imaging the hawks would have the opportunity to play iowa state in the round of 32.

Off the top of my head i though it was round of 64 no one with 1 play can play, 32 was 2, and 16 was 3. I do believe they try to resist rematches as much as possible.
Am I the only one that has no idea what you're trying to say?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I believe he's trying to say if 2 teams have played once then they will try to avoid rematch in round of 64, if played twice then avoid rematch in first 2 rounds, and if played 3 times then avoid rematch in first 3 rounds.

Here you go.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/one-and-one/2013/08/01/ncaa-announces-bracketing-rules-changes-for-ncaa-tournament

I think it is more unlikely that the NCAA would not do thisif for no other reason than the UNI and ISU seeds will be to close to each other and Omaha probably won't get a 3 or 4 seed game.

I've never clicked on that site to look at Bracket projections. I'm sure there are a lot of people that are the same and also clicked on it today to look at that. That's why they have all Iowa teams in same bracket - page views. This will never happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT