ADVERTISEMENT

Service dog scam

My wife spent about 2k getting our terrier certified so that we can fly with him.

I take great joy in making up lies when people ask what he is trained for. He wears this very official looking K9 vest which looks hilarious on a 17lb dog.

Ps, on our last flight the older lady behind us in the plane asked me what he was training in. The wife had went to the bathroom and wasn’t back yet. I told her he was trained to detect herpes flair ups….and then I said that he is giving the initial signs of detection. I had that Karen’s mind spinning for the rest of the flight

Does this piss you off as much as it does me? Just another example of people liking rules except when they don’t think it should apply to them.

Can’t count the number of BS “Service Dogs” I see these days.
Meh. Doesn’t bother me. A majority that I’ve seen are all well behaved. Neither of my dogs would qualify as they cause more stress than service.

My wife spent about 2k getting our terrier certified so that we can fly with him.

I take great joy in making up lies when people ask what he is trained for. He wears this very official looking K9 vest which looks hilarious on a 17lb dog.

Ps, on our last flight the older lady behind us in the plane asked me what he was training in. The wife had went to the bathroom and wasn’t back yet. I told her he was trained to detect herpes flair ups….and then I said that he is giving the initial signs of detection. I had that Karen’s mind spinning for the rest of the flight
Certified for what?
I guess maybe my post was referring to you?

As soon as anyone could buy a vest and "certificate" off amazon, the whole thing became worthless. There needs to be an actual service dog certifying body that's in charge of reviewing requests for legitimacy. In the meantime, people should keep their untrained, non-service dogs at home or in a dog park where they belong.

Does this piss you off as much as it does me? Just another example of people liking rules except when they don’t think it should apply to them.

I think there is a difference between "Service Dog" and "Emotional Therapy Dog". Service dogs go through rigorous training. Emotional Therapy Dogs are a loophole to let people have dogs in their apartments.

I agree, though. I see the most annoying and stressful breeds and think "There's no way that helps you emotionally."

As soon as anyone could buy a vest and "certificate" off amazon, the whole thing became worthless. There needs to be an actual service dog certifying body that's in charge of reviewing requests for legitimacy. In the meantime, people should keep their untrained, non-service dogs at home or in a dog park where they belong.
So you're saying we should hit the paws button?

If you fly with your dog as a service animal, it is highly reviewed. You have to send in the documents every time you book a flight.

Taking your dog to Walmart and saying it’s an emotional support dog is totally bullshit.

I refuse to take our dog into a public place unless it is flying it back to Iowa.

Op's fine with a convicted felon and probable rapist in the White House, but Karen sneaking fluffy into a movie theater is a bridge to far lol.

100 percent agree.

I love dogs, I have a dog and he’s a good boy. He doesn’t belong in stores or really anywhere outside my house, park or taking him hiking.

Dogs are pets. People may equate them with as part of the family but at the end of the day it’s an animal

If you fly with your dog as a service animal, it is highly reviewed. You have to send in the documents every time you book a flight.

Taking your dog to Walmart and saying it’s an emotional support dog is totally bullshit.

I refuse to take our dog into a public place unless it is flying it back to Iowa.
That's good to know. I've joked about buying my dog a vest from Amazon so he could go places with me. Probably still work around town.

Op's fine with a convicted felon and probable rapist in the White House, but Karen sneaking fluffy into a movie theater is a bridge to far lol.
Uh, no.

Sorry for trying to break up the political posts with something different. And thanks for bringing politics into it. 🍺

Researchers are finding that dogs can sniff out cancer by detecting the odor signatures of breast, colorectal, lung, and other types of cancer

I was in Coralville Mall recently and a lady had her therapy pitbull in the mall which happened to drop some liquid poop in the middle of the walkway. She looked pretty damn embarrassed as she tried to clean it up with food court quality napkins. It was lovely.

• Wow
Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
In my 20s, I'd go to this shithole bar in chicago, i think it was somewhere around leavitt and webster, where the bartender's dog would sit in a barstool like a human - not curled up or anything, with its bowl of water on the bar. You'd eventually get drunk enough to try to bullshit with the dog.

That's about the extent that I like to see other peoples' dogs in public, poorly-behaved in a grocery store or someplace you eat is where you say this is why we can't have nice things

I think there is a difference between "Service Dog" and "Emotional Therapy Dog". Service dogs go through rigorous training. Emotional Therapy Dogs are a loophole to let people have dogs in their apartments.

I agree, though. I see the most annoying and stressful breeds and think "There's no way that helps you emotionally."
CSB, a few years ago the family went to Universal Studios. We all went single rider on the Spiderman ride and I boarded my car with 3 ladies and a tiny little ES dog. Everyone sat down, and the dog was cowering in the corner on the floor. One of the attendants came over and said that I needed to exit the ride because the dog counted as a person and the car was overfilled. I can only imagine what an emotional wreck that poor dog was after being on that ride.

I think people who bring dogs to stores or restaurants are attention whores who use their dogs to get the attention they never get, or agitators who just want to rile people up and get a negative reaction.

20240630_000214.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: PoopandBoogers

I don't like it because I have seen situations where a dog reacts to others that it comes into contact with in a way that could lead to trouble...especially with a child. Yet, some retailers are encouraging it. I saw a "loaner" leash on the wall of a store entrance just the other day and the accompanying sign essentially said that pets are welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT