ADVERTISEMENT

Fascinating article on DEI initiatives at the Secret Service

Lol so the Secret Service messes up big time, fails to do their job, and lets a Presidential candidate just about get his head blown off….and they blame DEI? Comedy at its finest. Of course the boards most gullible members are eating it up.

From now on, if I make a mistake at work, rather than looking internally at myself and what I could do better, I’m just going to say DEI caused my failure and move on.

Yup, the agency has been mired in controversy and has done a middling job throughout it's existence. Apparently this is because they changed their focus to hiring women to work for them from hiring women to dance for them.

I must have missed where DEI was determined be the reason someone took a shot at Trump.

I think it can be argued that more often than not, the most qualified person is rarely hired for a job, especially as vague as that term is.
DEI was not the reason someone wanted to take a shot at Trump, however, an argument can be made that DEI was one of the reasons the perp was able to take the shot.

DEI was not the reason someone wanted to take a shot at Trump, however, an argument can be made that DEI was one of the reasons the perp was able to take the shot.
I just want to make sure I'm hearing you correctly.

You actually believe, without a shadow of doubt, that the Secret Service, the nation's most high profile, high class, security agency has adjusted their standards just so they can meet a diversity quota? You truly believe that our nation's government would allow those who are unfit and unqualified, join the Secret Service just because they are a woman, because they are a person of color, because they have different religious beliefs other than Christianity? You can look in the mirror or face your friends and family and confidently tell them the Secret Service went with the unqualified candidate just to appease DEI over a more qualified white male? You actually think this is happening?

I hate to break this to you Abby, but there is a 0% chance that is true. 0%. The Secret Service, Special Forces, and any other high level military/security unit isn't making things easier for people or choosing a lesser candidate over a more qualified candidate just so they can hit a diversity quota. I promise you this. Quit drinking whatever Kool-Aid you have and go for a walk.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke

You actually believe, without a shadow of doubt, that the Secret Service, the nation's most high profile, high class, security agency has adjusted their standards just so they can meet a diversity quota? You truly believe that our nation's government would allow those who are unfit and unqualified, join the Secret Service just because they are a woman, because they are a person of color, because they have different religious beliefs other than Christianity? You can look in the mirror or face your friends and family and confidently tell them the Secret Service went with the unqualified candidate just to appease DEI over a more qualified white male? You actually think this is happening?

I hate to break this to you Abby, but there is a 0% chance that is true. 0%. The Secret Service, Special Forces, and any other high level military/security unit isn't making things easier for people or choosing a lesser candidate over a more qualified candidate just so they can hit a diversity quota. I promise you this. Quit drinking whatever Kool-Aid you have and go for a walk.
A short woman shielding Trump is not zero.

Such a diverse success story
Dude you are so fixated and obsessed with the mistreatment of white people in the country. I legit think you go to bed every night thinking white people in this country are oppressed and are facing being enslaved. If you're actually bringing this up in public, then the people you hang out with don't actually want to be around you. I'm not trying to be a dick, just being blunt. Put away your KKK mask and realize this is 2024.

Do you know how many more white people there are in the country than the other races you have listed in that stupid stat you just posted? No shit white people are going to look like they make less. "Stats" like the one you posted are literally made to scare gullible people like yourself. You seriously need to learn how to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and ask, "does this make sense?" rather than guzzling whatever right wing propaganda you're drinking. Grow up.

Cool so the most qualified, most high profile, high class security agency let a 20 year old nut job inside the security perimeter with a range finder, then a high powered rifle, climb a ladder, set up shop, watch and wait for him to take multiple shots at a former President. All because the roof was at an angle.

That's much easier to believe and understand than the head of the SS isn't the best or most qualified person to be in her position but someone thought it was better to have a diversity candidate in that position than someone with say 20+ years of SS experience.

Washington and Wisconsin, and they specifically mentioned the reason in Washington being the 91-66 disparity in percentage of white versus black who passed. This article only mentions marginalized groups

From a quick skim, that article only appears to mention Washington dropping the bar exam because of the disparities in marginalized groups. Not sure why you would assume that Oregon, Wisconsin and New Hampshire did so for the same reason. Again, WI and NH dropped the bar exam requirement in some circumstances years ago and it had nothing to do with DEI. I have no idea about Oregon.

I would imagine most states move towards dropping the bar exam in some fashion over time. For many lawyers, the material on the bar exam is totally irrelevant to their practice.

Dude you are so fixated and obsessed with the mistreatment of white people in the country. I legit think you go to bed every night thinking white people in this country are oppressed and are facing being enslaved. If you're actually bringing this up in public, then the people you hang out with don't actually want to be around you. I'm not trying to be a dick, just being blunt. Put away your KKK mask and realize this is 2024.

Do you know how many more white people there are in the country than the other races you have listed in that stupid stat you just posted? No shit white people are going to look like they make less. "Stats" like the one you posted are literally made to scare gullible people like yourself. You seriously need to learn how to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and ask, "does this make sense?" rather than guzzling whatever right wing propaganda you're drinking. Grow up.
I was pointing out that we already have diverse successes, we also have a lot of dumb lazy white people too. Guzzling propaganda? You think lowering standards and spending money to educate kids that don’t value education(learned or unlearned in the home) to make up for their shortcoming academically is the way to go. It gets us no where, other than having people who are not as qualified getting positions over this who have more merit. Do you think anyone whose works for a living thinks that preferential treatment is cool? We dislike the white peole who make it on name alone, let alone a minority getting a position with less qualifications than another applicant.

From a quick skim, that article only appears to mention Washington dropping the bar exam because of the disparities in marginalized groups. Not sure why you would assume that Oregon, Wisconsin and New Hampshire did so for the same reason. Again, WI and NH dropped the bar exam requirement in some circumstances years ago and it had nothing to do with DEI. I have no idea about Oregon.

I would imagine most states move towards dropping the bar exam in some fashion over time. For many lawyers, the material on the bar exam is totally irrelevant to their practice.

Maybe, but they whine that it’s racist

I was pointing out that we already have diverse successes, we also have a lot of dumb lazy white people too. Guzzling propaganda? You think lowering standards and spending money to educate kids that don’t value education(learned or unlearned in the home) to make up for their shortcoming academically is the way to go. It gets us no where, other than having people who are not as qualified getting positions over this who have more merit. Do you think anyone whose works for a living thinks that preferential treatment is cool? We dislike the white peole who make it on name alone, let alone a minority getting a position with less qualifications than another applicant.
Don't try to walk it back like you were trying to show diverse success. That is not what you were doing.

If you think colleges and universities are lowering standards just so they can educate those who don't want to be educated, then you're not paying attention. No medical school, law school, business school, etc. is going to lower their standards just so they can meet a diversity quote. If a kid wants to spend $80,000 to get an art degree that means nothing, then hell yeah the University is going to let them in. Doesn't matter what the race, sex, or religious preferences are and there is certainly no cap on numbers for Liberal Arts, I assure you.

Don't worry man, the white student you're worried about isn't going to be rejected from medical school just so a university can let in an unqualified student of color in. I hope that helps you sleep better tonight.

"DEI (or DE&I) stands for diversity, equity and inclusion. As a discipline, DEI is any policy or practice designed to make people of various backgrounds feel welcome and ensure they have support to perform to the fullest of their abilities in the workplace."

All you right wing, fascist nutlickers have not idea what DEI is. What a bunch of moronic assholes you have become.
You sound inclusive. When you closed your eyes thinking about this did you see white people?

Don't try to walk it back like you were trying to show diverse success. That is not what you were doing.

If you think colleges and universities are lowering standards just so they can educate those who don't want to be educated, then you're not paying attention. No medical school, law school, business school, etc. is going to lower their standards just so they can meet a diversity quote. If a kid wants to spend $80,000 to get an art degree that means nothing, then hell yeah the University is going to let them in. Doesn't matter what the race, sex, or religious preferences are and there is certainly no cap on numbers for Liberal Arts, I assure you.

Don't worry man, the white student you're worried about isn't going to be rejected from medical school just so a university can let in an unqualified student of color in. I hope that helps you sleep better tonight.
Well....they did. There was a whole lawsuit that went to the Supreme Court on just that issue.

Seems like you are dumb or a liar. I vote both actually

• Love
Reactions: ClarindaA's
That's much easier to believe and understand than the head of the SS isn't the best or most qualified person to be in her position but someone thought it was better to have a diversity candidate in that position than someone with say 20+ years of SS experience.

FWIW, Kimberly Cheatle had 27 years of experience in the USSS when she was selected for the director's position

lol, literally was showing Asians are killing it. White culture is decaying. If you don’t think a white male with a 3.7 gets refused while a minority with a 3.3 gets into med school, I can introduce you a kid

And? This article has nothing to do with the claim in your original post. Other than the section about the test itself being prejudiced (which seems like a stretch to me), what exactly do you find offensive or objectionable in that article?

When your agency just allowed the former President of the United States to be shot at, your DEI priority is WAAYYY off base. The Secret Service has one goal and one goal only, protect those you are tasked with protecting. Anything other than that is nothing but an unnecessary distraction and detrimental to your mission. (I find it interesting that they require everyone to wear the same suit in the same color so they look the same on the outside, but they want everyone to look different inside the suit. Maybe they should worry more about their mission and worry less about appearances.)

I have no idea where this DEI nonsense came from or why it reared it's ugly head but it needs to be thrown overboard immediately before anymore damage occurs. The best for the job, period, hard stop.........
Well, these days…another main goal is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

This emphasis on DEI is f*cking ridiculous.

HOW DID WE GET HERE??

lol, literally was showing Asians are killing it. White culture is decaying. If you don’t think a white male with a 3.7 gets refused while a minority with a 3.3 gets into med school, I can introduce you a kid
"White culture is decaying." It may not be a true thing, but my first thought is that the person saying it is racist.

While I think all institutions that promote DEI should look at how the initiative is helping or hurting the institution's goals,
this conversation, as it relates to the assassination attempt, could be cleared up by releasing limited information on the details used.

List the hire dates of the advance team and the security details, and indicate if someone was hired after 2022. If a person was on the detail that was hired after 2022, we have a conversation, if not the point is moot.

I would be very surprised if a new recruit was put on such a high-profile person, whether USSS promoted DEI or not.
Maybe that is the type of insight Oversight will be able to provide during the hearings.

I don't see a problem.

eq·ui·ty
/ˈekwədē/
noun

1. 1.
    the quality of being fair and impartial.
It's the way it's being implemented. There is a reason they switched the focus from "equality" to "equity".

Basically from equal opportunity to equitable distribution

Don't expect you to agree but it's pretty obvious there's been a change.

It's the way it's being implemented. There is a reason they switched the focus from "equality" to "equity".

Basically from equal opportunity to equitable distribution

Don't expect you to agree but it's pretty obvious there's been a change.
That might be true for you, but for many Cons DEI is a curse word without even thinking about it.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
You don’t think our values are decaying? Work ethic?
When you say "our" you are talking only whites, or everyone?

Do you believe that white culture is decaying because of other races affecting it? Or is it a generational problem? Many old people think that way of the next generation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT