6’7” PF Seydou Traore

Juniors: 2 players

6'5" SG Josh Dix
6'11" C Riley Mulvey

Seniors: 3 players
6'7" F Payton Sandfort
6'9" F/C Even Brauns
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell

Traore should fill a role, was hoping the Hawks could get him. Really liking the roster makeup of this team. Ball handlers(check), mid range shooters(check), outside shooters(check), rebounding(check). Hawks are also closing the gap on being a sieve on defense with Harding, Thelwell, Dix, Tadjo, Traore and Freeman in place. Still in need of one more guy that can dribble penetrate/kick or score.

Against Kansas last season:

30 minutes

0-4 (0%) from 3
6-9 (67%) from 2
6-13 (46%) Overall shooting

4-4 (100%) FTs

16 Points
8 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
3 Steals
1 Assist

Offense looks good. Anyone have any more highlights of his defensive skills? Freeman can use some help on the boards next season. He got very little help last year.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Against Kansas last season:

30 minutes

0-4 (0%) from 3
6-9 (67%) from 2
6-13 (46%) Overall shooting

4-4 (100%) FTs

16 Points
8 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
3 Steals
1 Assist

Against UConn last season:

27 minutes

1-2 (50%) from 3
4-13 (31%) from 2
5-15 (33%) Overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

13 Points
8 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
2 Steals

2 Assists
1 Block

AJFBB2Wj

agreed. The opposite of PMac & Krikke. Quite an upgrade in these departments, even if there's a small drop off from their offensive numbers.
So true on being opposite of pmac and krikke. Surprised to see Iowa was able to sigh him. I'm assuming there was some NIL money.

Front court is pretty athletic at PF/SF. No real big to back up Freeman. Really thin at the guard spots. We'll probably see the Sandfort Bro's at the 2G spot at times next year.

Sadly college B-ball has become the g-league for NBA and Iowa doesn't have big money to compete so I think viewership will be down as NIL is a turn off.

Offense looks good. Anyone have any more highlights of his defensive skills? Freeman can use some help on the boards next season. He got very little help last year.

full text of tweet

Manhattan transfer and All-MAAC Freshman Seydou Traore has committed to Iowa.

The 6’7” wing started 27/28 games played, averaging 11.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.3 blocks, and 1.5 steals.

Traore is coming off of a strong freshman season and has plenty of upside.

He is very athletic, good at finishing at the rim, and a good defender who can guard multiple positions.

full text of tweet

Manhattan transfer and All-MAAC Freshman Seydou Traore has committed to Iowa.

The 6’7” wing started 27/28 games played, averaging 11.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.3 blocks, and 1.5 steals.

Traore is coming off of a strong freshman season and has plenty of upside.

He is very athletic, good at finishing at the rim, and a good defender who can guard multiple positions.

Thanks. I hope it translate to the Big Ten. Different level, but he has the athleticism, for sure.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I think we're gonna like the toughness & athleticism of these 3:

6'8" PF Chris Tadjo
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele
6’7” PF Seydou Traore
I have hoped that Fran would tap into African recruits to secure the athleticism we need since we struggle to land out of state African- Americans we pursue.
Africans do not usually grow up wanting to go to Mich or IU...we have a fighting chance with these guys.

I have hoped that Fran would tap into African recruits to secure the athleticism we need since we struggle to land out of state African- Americans we pursue.
Africans do not usually grow up wanting to go to Mich or IU...we have a fighting chance with these guys.

Good point.

Nogbou Chris Tadjo was born in Montreal Canada but I believe his parents are from Ivory Coast (southern West Africa).

Ladji Dembele is originally from Mali in West Africa.

Seydou Traore was born in New York, NY; not sure where his parents are from.

Seydou Traore was born in New York, NY; not sure where his parents are from.
He played for Mali in the FIBA U16 African Championships. So I assume his parents were born in Mali. After some googling I see he also went by the name Brehima Seydou Traore. So I don't know if he was also born in Mali as well since most profile sites just say his hometown is New York.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT