ADVERTISEMENT

Seydou Traore Commits to IOWA

it's official.

GPQCDdUbUAAuiJb

Does it matter ? You are paid to do your job to the best of your ability every hour for the pay you get 🤷‍♂️
Yes as a teacher we are immune from criticism. 🙄
Tony Perkins will make 400-500k next year, a decades worth of pay for a beginning's teacher. He is an entertainer, a job that requires criticism. His job is paid for by the fan not the other way around.

Seydou Traore is originally from Mali in West Africa. His parents are Abraham Traore & Mariam Sylla.

Sophomore Ladji Dembele is also originally from Mali in West Africa.

Incoming freshman Nogbou Chris Tadjo was born in Montreal Canada but I believe his parents are from Ivory Coast (southern West Africa).

If these 3 West African players on our current 12 scholarship roster find success at Iowa, that could be a very valuable recruiting pipeline for Iowa for years to come.

Last edited:
Need him to be able to play the 2-3 spot, that's my hope.

How about this?

Starting 5:
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell (SR)
6'5" SG Josh Dix (JR)
6'7" F Payton Sandfort (SR)
6’7” PF Seydou Traore (SO)
6'10" C Owen Freeman (SO)

Next 5 off the bench:
6'0" PG Brock Harding (SO)
6'7" F Cooper Koch (FR)
6'7" F Pryce Sandfort (SO)
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele (SO)
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo (FR)

Other 2 scholarship players:
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (JR)
6'9" F/C Even Brauns (SR)

Reactions: icwesthawk
Need him to be able to play the 2-3 spot, that's my hope.
Based on skill set and size, he is a 3/4. He has more of the skills needed for a 4, but the body of a 3. He maybe needs to polish his shooting and ball handling skills some to be a quality 3. He definitely is currently not a 2.

Reactions: icwesthawk
Seydou Traore is originally from Mali in West Africa. His parents are Abraham Traore & Mariam Sylla.

Sophomore Ladji Dembele is also originally from Mali in West Africa.

Incoming freshman Nogbou Chris Tadjo was born in Montreal Canada but I believe his parents are from Ivory Coast (southern West Africa).

If these 3 West African players on our current 12 scholarship roster find success at Iowa, that could be a very valuable recruiting pipeline for Iowa for years to come.
I wonder if he was originally from the Malombo tribe. They seemed to really take to the sport in this documentary I saw a while back. I wonder if Ted Stryker is available as an assistant.

So, what's the point of this post? Iowa must have one of the smaller African American populations in America.
Isu has fielded a predominantly black team for decades all while switching coaches every three years.

Fran has mostly white guys because that's who he chooses to go after.

I think what many are excited about, including me, is the upgrade in athleticism over a couple guys no longer with us.
Agree, although I have my doubts if Fran will allow a non shooter non post to get off the bench.

If he does play him in his typical big lineups at least this dude will be able to defend the guards that he'll be matched up with.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Looks like a much better shooter then Cook, just from the highlghts.....
From the looks of it this guys is the exact opposite of Tyler Cook.

Cook was a fantastically skilled one on one offensive player who could finish equally well with either hand but he couldn't pass (so double teams killed him) didn't have a clue how to defend and rarely played with effort on the boards.

Traeore is a fantastic rebounder who defends and passes really well. The type of player Fran would usually have no use for but who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: kceasthawk
From the looks of it this guys is the exact opposite of Tyler Cook.

Cook was a fantastically skilled one on one offensive player who could finish equally well with either hand but he couldn't pass (so double teams killed him) didn't have a clue how to defend and rarely played with effort on the boards.

Traeore is a fantastic rebounder who defends and passes really. The type of player Fran would usually have no use for but who knows.
I think Fran can break him of these habits which should land him some minutes.

How about this?

Starting 5:
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell (SR)
6'5" SG Josh Dix (JR)
6'7" F Payton Sandfort (SR)
6’7” PF Seydou Traore (SO)
6'10" C Owen Freeman (SO)

Next 5 off the bench:
6'0" PG Brock Harding (SO)
6'7" F Cooper Koch (FR)
6'7" F Pryce Sandfort (SO)
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele (SO)
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo (FR)

Other 2 scholarship players:
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (JR)
6'9" F/C Even Brauns (SR)
I think we still have rebounding issues with the roster we have.

• Sad
Reactions: Franisdaman
There sure seems to be an awful lot possible combinations of players on this team at any given time. You need pressure, you put the quickest players out front along with whoever you think is the best rim protector. You need to score, you put one guard that can penetrate and distribute and 4 shooters. You need to keep opponents off the boards, and best leapers. How you figure out who fits in what role , well that’s the 64,000 dollar question, adjusting for inflation it may be one question in a million questions . I would love watching practice this season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT