ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Highland Park, IL 4th of July Parade?

Maybe put an age restriction on the internet, internet applications, and social media. We don't let underage people buy tobacco/alcohol. We restrict content for minors with PG-13, R, and X ratings. We don't allow minors into bars/strip clubs. Yet, minors as young as 2 years old get a tablet shoved into their hands and given access to an entire web filled with every sort of content you can think of. We've already established content for children can be restricted, maybe it is time for restriction on internet/social media content for those under 18/21. That might go a long long ways to improving the mental health in this country.
Yup. I get the whole gun debate issue but this is often overlooked. The ease of gun purchase with propaganda always in your face (new phenomena) for these young shooters needs to be studied more. These mass shootings are way more common place and I (and many others) have a hunch why but we are sitting on our asses not doing shit about it

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
The political conversation is dumb and totally speculative at this point. SO MUCH SO THAT I BELIEVE THE SHOWN ROSE TATTOO IS NOT ACTUSLLY HIS TATTOO HOWEVER HE DOES HAVE A ROSE ON HIS NECK. (just to clear the air).

This 22 year old loser killed people because he was ****ed in the head and had easy access to a high powered weapon.

/s

rant time:
The thing we have lost as a society is accountability. Dumb analogy but We idolize the joker more than superman right now and we have a small (but large in the context of it being a small.part of 330,000,000) who are embracing chaos. We had this 2 years of laissez-faire life and now the losers ate realizing they are back to being them and we are seeing a hugespike in crime.
FIFY...

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Firearms course? Not sure any of these mass killings has come from a misfire. Unless another layer of red tape is going to deter some.

a federal ban on anything besides a two shot firearm would be nice but I know that will never happen.

anybody care to estimate the number of states that would pass a constitutional amendment to scale back firearm sales greatly?

Firearms course? Not sure any of these mass killings has come from a misfire. Unless another layer of red tape is going to deter some.

a federal ban on anything besides a two shot firearm would be nice but I know that will never happen.

anybody care to estimate the number of states that would pass a constitutional amendment to scale back firearm sales greatly?
I believe a course to show proficiency would slow this down as many of these people seem to be VERY impulsive. Time is your enemy when committing a crime, thr longer it takes the worse for the perp. Plus it would teach people safe handling and safe cleaning/care practices. I'm hard core 2a but I think this falls under "well regulated.( you have to know how to use the ****ing thing)

To speak out of both sides of my mouth though, if someone did go through training, they are killing alot more than 6 people.
(And I don't care if you gave them a single shot rifle.)

I believe a course to show proficiency would slow this down as many of these people seem to be VERY impulsive. Time is your enemy when committing a crime, thr longer it takes the better. Plus it would teach people safe handling and safe cleaning/care practices. I'm hard core 2a but I think this falls under "well regulated.( you have to know how to use the ****ing thing)

To speak out of both sides of my mouth though, if someone did go through training, they are killing alot more than 6 people.
(And I don't care if you gave them a single shot rifle.)
Well if u have the training. There is a greater chance the instructor will red flag the potential owner. It's not perfect mind u. But another check against someone with bad intentions.

Well if u have the training. There is a greater chance the instructor will red flag the potential owner. It's not perfect mind u. But another check against someone with bad intentions.
100% I could go along with it. I did hunters ed, what's the difference? That is something I could totally go along with instead of banning anything. Educate.

The internet is everywhere, you cannot keep kids off it
You can limit what websites kids can visit lol. You can also go after certain websites that most of these shooters visit and hold them accountable too. We have the ability to locate the people on these websites posting certain things that are grooming these young shooters minds and go after them as well.

No, politics didn't make this kid do anything. This isn't the Buffalo thing again. He did it because he wanted to commit a major murder.
Please don't take this the wrong way but how do you know what motivated him? Can you delve into his psyche and his thoughts? Do you not think the general temperature of the nation is bordering on the unhinged? Do you not think that when the former President essentially allows people to kill and urges it, in the name of race or political ideology, it doesn't set loose some of these nutjobs?

No, politics didn't make this kid do anything. This isn't the Buffalo thing again. He did it because he wanted to commit a major murder.
He wanted to be famous. When being famous is more important than being a good person. Sad, but that seems to be where we are at as a society.

You can limit what websites kids can visit lol. You can also go after certain websites that most of these shooters visit and hold them accountable too. We have the ability to locate the people on these websites posting certain things that are grooming these young shooters minds and go after them as well.

How do you plan on restricting which websites kids can consume?

Please don't take this the wrong way but how do you know what motivated him? Can you delve into his psyche and his thoughts? Do you not think the general temperature of the nation is bordering on the unhinged?

absolutely, read my post about the joker and superman.
Do you not think that when the former President essentially allows people to kill and urges it, in the name of race or political ideology, it doesn't set loose some of these nutjobs?
When? When did the president "allow people to kill in the name.of race?" Are we talking about cop shit? C'mon man. If and when it comes out that this dude was some super political nut job, especially for Trump, I will acknowledge it. Until then there is very little speculation towards that and much more towards him wanting to commit a known killing.

He seems to have been very ( like obsessively ) focused on murder and death. That part has come out.

Unfortunately he selected the right tool for the job. These mass shooters may be wack jobs or mentally ill, but they are certainly "with it" enough to make a well thoughtful selection of tools.
Dude went like 10 for 90 I could argue it picked a shitty firearm for his skill set and proximity to targets.

How do you plan on restricting which websites kids can consume?
Well like I said go after these websites that these shooters frequent and hold them accountable.

For restrictions I would have parental controls in place on certain websites (make a federal list and let parents create a list) through your web providerthat only the parents of these kids can agree for them to access by a simple 2 factor auth on your cell phone. If the kid is able to access these sites on your IP address below the age restriction then the parents should also be held accountable.

What would you recommend for the next one? High capacity seems beneficial. Rate of fire, could go either way.
That's just a poor taste question/answer.

Initial engagement was like 20 feet above target and cover was concrete/blocks for people fleeing. Not a .223 and it would be subsonic and suppressed.

Looks like we had a mass shooting causing a stampede, a shooting in Philadelphia causing a stampede, and a believed shooting in Orlando causing a stampede. When is enough going to be enough for the gun-access crowd? This is no way to live
We’re nowhere near the breaking point. Maybe if a dozen people open up and kill 5000 people at an Alabama Football game they will be willing to talk. Maybe.

Reactions: GOHOX69
That's just a poor taste question/answer.

Initial engagement was like 20 feet above target and cover was concrete/blocks for people fleeing. Not a .223 and it would be subsonic and suppressed.

It wasn't intended to be in poor taste, the gun is just a tool. I realize the task is not very pleasant, but that shouldn't extend to the tool.

Going foe thr political hill with unverified twitter accounts........... yeah...

Whenever there's a mass shooting you love to come on here and defend the weapon that caused the massacre to happen. And when the loser is of a certain demographic (young white conservative males) you love to defend the rhetoric that they get fed daily.

Whenever there's a mass shooting you love to come on here and defend the weapon that caused the massacre to happen. And when the loser is of a certain demographic (young white conservative males) you love to defend the rhetoric that they get fed daily.

You don't have a leg to stand on with your original post so now your gonna take shots at me.

Nice life.

We can't be sure what his motivation was right now and officially, we can't even be sure he's the guy that did it. But he does check a lot of boxes that previous shooters have checked. It doesn't necessarily mean it was politically motivated though.

I’ve actually thought about getting a handgun just to have in the house and taking a firearms course. Mrs. BNG shot (no pun intended) that down right away.

Someday I’ll find the keys to the safe where she has my balls locked up.
When I brought a shotgun home I was a bit surprised my wife didn’t question it at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT