ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Highland Park, IL 4th of July Parade?

Oh…so you’re one of those who think we should continue to get ripped off by insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Other countries have nice things, like cheap healthcare, very few gun related deaths, less crime, and a helluva lot of freedom. We have none of the first 3, and talk to women about the last one.
One of the issues is Denmark has 5 million citizens with a much, much, higher median per capita wealth than the US. A heck of a lot easier to serve that with what you say, than 330 million people of all various backgrounds. Demographics do matter when comparing country to county and what their countries governments provide to their citizens.

Was he? I have no new news since this morning but the vibe I got was two brothers were living in the house thier dad bought (he was rich) and were struggling small business owners.
Thought I saw his personal net worth was a 100000 from his rap career. Not bad for 23. Dad owns a couple restaurants. Which up until the pandemic probably meant his son didn't go without.

im not arguing one side or the other; in fact I do agree, if Denmark had a 2nd amendment like ours, they’re numbers would be higher. I guess my point for those is that it does happen elsewhere, when everyone says it does not. Even strict gun control laws will not prevent all mass shootings; it may lessen them. Identifying these deranged people and doing something about them is a more immediate term solution that no one can seem to solve (most mass shooters leave bread crumbs all over before committing their act) and it would be an easier solve than attempting to overturn the 2nd amendment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It will likely take 20-30 years to "solve" the gun violence problem in America. What actions we take today is all about starting to move the needle in the right direction.

Thought I saw his personal net worth was a 100000 from his rap career. Not bad for 23. Dad owns a couple restaurants. Which up until the pandemic probably meant his son didn't go without.
This also says his networth was 100k. Interesting quotes from someone who created music with him at the end fwiw. Something like "he wasn't a leftist, he wasn't some maga overlord, he was an isolated stoner who lost touch with reality."

This also says his networth was 100k. Interesting quotes from someone who created music with him at the end fwiw. Something like "he wasn't a leftist, he wasn't some maga overlord, he was an isolated stoner who lost touch with reality."

Had a friend similar to that in High School. He liked to provoke people. Thought it was fun. Did some time in County though eventually.

Couldn't pay me 1000000000000 to be a cop. Hands tied and we just have to accept these deranged kids as they are don't ya know because we wouldn't want to mislabele someone and hurt their feelings.

And their hands are often tied because the cons scream slippery slope and that any minor restriction on ownership violates the 2nd Amendment … you know … maybe the cons could agree to some common sense age restrictions, required training, registration, insurance, and red flag laws ….

Yeah, you’re suggesting we can’t do better because their immigration policies aren’t a spot-on match. That’s your implication—unless you care to set the record straight.
It isn't the policy I'm driving at, though I did start it with "talk to.me about the policies", so I do understand the confusion. Its the raw numbers and the inability to monitor what happens in your own 4 walls.

Reactions: State of Illinois
And their hands are often tied because the cons scream slippery slope and that any minor restriction on ownership violates the 2nd Amendment … you know … maybe the cons could agree to some common sense age restrictions, required training, registration, insurance, and red flag laws ….
Yeah.... it has nothing to do with us as a society being told we have to accept people as they are. That kid went to a mental health professional, If that person had a set of balls this kid would have never owned a firearm in his life, but we don't want to risk nislabeling a kid that made his fame talking about shooting kids in schools now would we...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It will likely take 20-30 years to "solve" the gun violence problem in America. What actions we take today is all about starting to move the needle in the right direction.
May be a feedback loop going too. Ease of mass shootings = more mass shootings in media and more copycat killers which produce more mass shootings... etc

Possible that reducing mass shootings by, say, something like 25% initially could result in a much greater reduction than 25% over time.

Reactions: hawkeyez
Yeah.... it has nothing to do with us as a society being told we have to accept people as they are. That kid went to a mental health professional, If that person had a set of balls this kid would have never owned a firearm in his life, but we don't want to risk nislabeling a kid that made his fame talking about shooting kids in schools now would we...

Good grief man.

What exact law in Illinois would have allowed the mental health professional seek an FRO?

Only family and police can apply for a FRO in Illinois to my understanding.

Good grief man.

What exact law in Illinois would have allowed the mental health professional seek an FRO?

Only family and police can apply for a FRO in Illinois to my understanding.
I don't know Illinois law, but I do know the MHP can work with authorities in some way in thst state. To your point though, if the MHP goes back to the parents and they disregard, they are absolutely POS.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
They removed swords and knives and could do nothing to remove his right to get access to a ****ing assault rifle because gun lobby and the micropeens who worship at their altar. I want off this ride.
Orrrrrrrr...... because we are so afraid of misdiagnosis a kid they don't label them and here we are. The gun didn't fire itself.

When they took away the knives, he didn’t have any guns. He purchased the gun(s) after they took the knives

Reactions: lucas80
One of the issues is Denmark has 5 million citizens with a much, much, higher median per capita wealth than the US. A heck of a lot easier to serve that with what you say, than 330 million people of all various backgrounds. Demographics do matter when comparing country to county and what their countries governments provide to their citizens.
Just stop with this ridiculous narrative. Please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT