ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Highland Park, IL 4th of July Parade?

I’ve actually thought about getting a handgun just to have in the house and taking a firearms course. Mrs. BNG shot (no pun intended) that down right away.

Someday I’ll find the keys to the safe where she has my balls locked up.
Ask her if she is willing to take thr course with you prior to owning it so you can both be more comfortable with it being in the home. Then make sure that thing is safe and secured.

Denmark vs. the United States. Don’t be obtuse.
Ok?

Maybe not you specifically; but I see plenty of people comparing European countries; especially Nordic countries, and their policies against the US policies as a way to show how US could do things much better.

This type of comparison always makes me cringe a bit because they are completely different demographics, population size, so I agree with you in that sense.

Denmark vs. the United States. Don’t be obtuse.
Capture.png

Keep protecting the f'd up culture that allows these tragedies to happen. Hopefully the next time one of your little MAGA buddies snap they decide to eat the first bullet instead of firing into a crowd.
You need a snickers.

I agree with the part about a murder suicide starting with the suicide.

Absolutely. I somehow bumped onto a Twitter account that posted videos and news articles of black-on-other race crimes (without saying what it was). That was the timeline with daily new videos.
Kind of like watching youtube video after video of cops being a-holes. I can easily see how someone can become indoctrinated with hate vs. an entity in a very short span.
Rush and Hannity and Tucker and the like did/do the same thing, thus the idea that no matter what, libs are worse, becomes impenetrably cemented.

One shooting in 28 years. Hardly a "problem" like you're making it out to be.
Denmark has 5.8 million citizens; USA has 329.5 million citizens, so about 1.7% the size of the USA. So one would expect 98.3% less incidents in Denmark than the US, I’d imagine that’s probably not too far off.

Denmark had another major mass shooting incident in 2015.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Denmark has 5.8 million citizens; USA has 329.5 million citizens, so about 1.7% the size of the USA. So one would expect 98.3% less incidents in Denmark than the US, I’d imagine that’s probably not too far off.

Oh, NOW population size matters. Interesting.

Two victims and the shooter, plus five officers.
Oh, so now the amount of deaths is a factor in mass shootings? A mass shooting is a mass shooting is a mass shooting.

For a country the size of Los Angeles, with much stricter gun control laws…, that seems to mesh with the numbers, one mass shooting every 7-8 years.

• Haha
Oh, so now the amount of deaths is a factor in mass shootings? A mass shooting is a mass shooting is a mass shooting.

For a country the size of Los Angeles, with much stricter gun control laws…, that seems to mesh with the numbers, one mass shooting every 7-8 years.
We've had over 250 mass shootings so far in 2022. I'd take Denmark's problem far more than the one we face in the USA. And, Denmark has taken this seriously by creating ways to make this harder and we only offer thoughts and prayers. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back and do even more now that this has happened vs shrugging.

We've had over 250 mass shootings so far in 2022. I'd take Denmark's problem far more than the one we face in the USA. And, Denmark has taken this seriously by creating ways to make this harder and we only offer thoughts and prayers. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back and do even more now that this has happened vs shrugging.
im not arguing one side or the other; in fact I do agree, if Denmark had a 2nd amendment like ours, they’re numbers would be higher. I guess my point for those is that it does happen elsewhere, when everyone says it does not. Even strict gun control laws will not prevent all mass shootings; it may lessen them. Identifying these deranged people and doing something about them is a more immediate term solution that no one can seem to solve (most mass shooters leave bread crumbs all over before committing their act) and it would be an easier solve than attempting to overturn the 2nd amendment.

• Haha
Ok, but just remember when you use the numbers ( 250 ) plus the " mass shooting " term, don't get defensive when someone blurts out " Chicago ", because those gang related offenses are what skews the numbers...

Ok, but just remember when you use the numbers ( 250 ) plus the " mass shooting " term, don't get defensive when someone blurts out " Chicago ", because those gang related offenses are what skews the numbers...
I guess my thought is if we, as a nation, took shootings seriously even gang-related gun crimes would start to fall off. Not sure why some want to say but Chicago or Baltimore or Los Angeles and think those sorts of gun issues are ok or fall outside of anything we can try to improve upon.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I guess my thought is if we, as a nation, took shootings seriously even gang-related gun crimes would start to fall off. Not sure why some want to say but Chicago or Baltimore or Los Angeles and think those sorts of gun issues are ok or fall outside of anything we can try to improve upon.

Taking care of the socioeconomic issues would have a bigger impact on those areas.

I read a thing that said the USA is number 1 in mass shootings by a mile but if you removed 5 cities we are something like 195th out of 198.

• Haha
Ok?

Maybe not you specifically; but I see plenty of people comparing European countries; especially Nordic countries, and their policies against the US policies as a way to show how US could do things much better.

This type of comparison always makes me cringe a bit because they are completely different demographics, population size, so I agree with you in that sense.
Oh…so you’re one of those who think we should continue to get ripped off by insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Other countries have nice things, like cheap healthcare, very few gun related deaths, less crime, and a helluva lot of freedom. We have none of the first 3, and talk to women about the last one.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Sorry, someone beat you to this false narrative earlier in the thread. Try and keep up.
Thanks.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Can you please post the link? More died in Uvalde, Texas than the entire UAE or Japan last year.

This appears to reference it. It appears the claim is False however not for the reason I would have imagined. When you look at it by population the US is no where near 3rd and is actually in the 90s. Removing them may very well make it go up but we are not 3rd. Sounds like it was a well circulated thing I saw, though incorrect.

Are you disputing that I read it or that there is incorrect data?
I'm asking if this is more bogus data that you claim is true but can't corroborate. You know, like when you said Davenport was #1 in violent crime in the country in the 90s, but they never were. And you lost a bet but won't abide by the terms.

Like that.

This appears to reference it. It appears the claim is False however not for the reason I would have imagined. When you look at it by population the US is no where near 3rd and is actually in the 90s. Removing them may very well make it go up but we are not 3rd. Sounds like it was a well circulated thing I saw, though incorrect.
So the answer to my question is yes.

Figures.

I'm asking if this is more bogus data that you claim is true but can't corroborate. You know, like when you said Davenport was #1 in violent crime in the country in the 90s, but they never were. And you lost a bet but won't abide by the terms.

Like that.
Feel free to look above. I was slightly off with my numbers but it was well circulated. The incorrect part was that we are third. (And thus thr final number was not as significantly different)

• Haha
Oh…so you’re one of those who think we should continue to get ripped off by insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Other countries have nice things, like cheap healthcare, very few gun related deaths, less crime, and a helluva lot of freedom. We have none of the first 3, and talk to women about the last one.
Talk to me about their immigration policies.....

Good for you for looking it up, but that should never have passed the smell test or the bridge for sale test.

It does make a nice example of how effective fake news or affirming memes can be, when you think about how many people out there who may be even more gullible and/or less sensical than you and those unwilling to research/verify/think critically about what they read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT