ADVERTISEMENT

Should Carver Hawkeye be renamed to at least include Clark’s name?

Should Carver Hawkeye be renamed to at least include Clark’s name?

• Yes

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 101 71.1%

• Total voters
The whole team should've gotten a statue if they had won today. Iowa simply doesn't win titles in basketball/football and I bet we go the next 40 years without even sniffing one. Still shocked and proud what these ladies did. A single 5 star recruit on this team!

The whole team should've gotten a statue if they had won today. Iowa simply doesn't win titles in basketball/football and I bet we go the next 40 years without even sniffing one. Still shocked and proud what these ladies did. A single 5 star recruit on this team!
Caitlin will be leading Iowa to national championships as a coach sooner than that.......

Reactions: HemiHawk
Good rule of thumb is never name a landmark after a living person.
I agree with this.

They will obviously retire her jersey. (I wouldn’t be opposed to retiring #22 across all sports.) I like the idea of leaving the little 22 on the court permanently.

But anything else (arena name change, statue, etc) should wait. It’s best to think those things through a bit and not make a decision based on the emotions of the day.

I agree with this.

They will obviously retire her jersey. (I wouldn’t be opposed to retiring #22 across all sports.) I like the idea of leaving the little 22 on the court
lol. Not happening. Shouldn’t even happen for mens hoops. It is a different game.

Agree with the 22 on the court.

I thought Iowa was really silly for not giving Clark a solo walk off last night. She should have received her own exit from the game.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I'd say no on the arena name, but I'd be down with doing something with the court. As others have said, at least leave the little 22 on the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Her jersey will be retired (if it hasn't already), the sticker on the floor should remain and a statue would be appropriate for someone that has accomplished so much for Iowa, on and off the court.

But "no" to a stadium name change.
i agree but i would retire the jersey number across all sports. Not just womens basketball. I think that would reflect the impact she made for the entire university and not just womens basketball.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
Interesting. With 56 votes against and 28 for it's exactly 2 to 1 against a name change!!!

Now watch a group of dorks go and upset the perfect ratio ...

:mad:

With all the money she's about to make, she can be a prime benefactor towards the construction of a whole new arena in about 20 years. And they can call it GOAT Arena. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Incredible Hawk
lol. Not happening. Shouldn’t even happen for mens hoops. It is a different game.

I thought Iowa was really silly for not giving Clark a solo walk off last night. She should have received her own exit from the game.
Maybe she didn't want it.

Exactly, that's going to be part of the history of Carver Hawkeye. I haven't seen Iowa fans as rabid for their team since the 90's. It was nice to see.
Not much to cheer for regarding the men’s team since BJ was the point guard. That’s a long time of pathetic basketball.

Only arguable athlete that did as much for the University as Clark was Nile Kinnick and he was long dead before almost all of us here were born
And Kinnick had been dead over 35 years before Iowa named it Kinnick stadium

Retire Clark’s jersey, yes. Name the arena, no. But DEFINITELY a statue of her shooting a logo 3 needs to be outside the arena

Jersey this year, statue in a couple years

In any sport. Name an All Star/All Pro in any major sport who went on to become a Championship coach. It's a short list.

Lenny Wilkins (Hall of Fame and Championship coach)
Joe Torre
Phil Jackson (though I don't think he was All Pro)
You're still talking about men regarding my proclamation that Clark will win a women's title..........try again.

Nah she gets enough attention. Let her teammates share it.

You're still talking about men regarding my proclamation that Clark will win a women's title..........try again.

What part of "in any major sport" wasn't clear? What difference does male/female make? I just listed the few examples I could think of. Feel free to add your own. Dawn Staley comes to mind, but they are few and far between. Super star players in any sport rarely become great coaches. If you're asserting that Clark may be one of those rarities, so be it. But I wouldn't make bank on it.

Last edited:
What part of "in any major sport" wasn't clear? What difference does male/female make? I just listed the few examples I could think of. Feel free to add your own. Dawn Staley is one that jumps out. They are few and far between. Super star players in any sport rarely become great coaches. If you're asserting that Clark may be one of those rarities, so be it. But I wouldn't make bank on it.
I mean it's happening, so I just wanted to make you fight back on that for a little while for for fun....... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT