ADVERTISEMENT

Should Harris Call Trump a Gutless Coward for Not Fighting in Vietnam When His Country Called?

Should Harris call Trump a gutless coward for not fighting in Vietnam when his country called?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 2. No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Yes, she should goad Trump repeatedly. Golf game, size of his johnson, bone spurs, Stormy, 2020 election etc...

He'll take the bait, always does. She can be clever about it...just some subtle digs.

Last edited:
Harris will absolutely not do this. Most of this debate will be to give never trumpers a reason to vote for her. Sure she will call Trump out some. But most of the debate she will treat him as irrelevant and present herself as the only candidate who has a real pathway forward to help people.

Harris will absolutely not do this. Most of this debate will be to give never trumpers a reason to vote for her. Sure she will call Trump out some. But most of the debate she will treat him as irrelevant and present herself as the only candidate who has a real pathway forward to help people.
I think she can do both.

Spend 95% of her time doing as you say....throw in a subtle dig during her answers. He'll latch on to the dig.

He can't help himself, use that against him.

Reactions: goldmom and nelly02
I think she can do both.

Spend 95% of her time doing as you say....throw in a subtle dig during her answers. He'll latch on to the dig.

He can't help himself, use that against him.
She doesn't need to try making him look bad. He'll do that all by himself. He makes himself look bad even when he has a teleprompter in front of him at his rallies. Her real goal here is to show why she's the only candidate who actually has a plan to improve the country instead of just grifting off it.

Trump will make a fool of himself without any help. She should not goad him at all, she should be the adult.
Without a little goading he might be able to stay on message. If he does the debate changes nothing.

You might be right though...he tends to go on tangents.

I'd just point to Biden's best moments in their last debate...golf game comment sent Trump off into ridiculousness. Overlooked because of Biden's disastrous opening 30 minutes.

Just saying she can do this subtly. Doesn't have to get into the dirt to do it. He'll take the bait.

When the USA called, Trump was able to avoid the draft and avoid serving his country during the Vietnam War. I think he had bunions or something.
You mean when the Military Industrial Complex called? Vietnam was based on a lie, which means half a million American kids were forced to go overseas to kill and/or be killed for a lie (and for a bunch of corporation’s bottom line).

Reactions: Foxclone
You mean when the Military Industrial Complex called? Vietnam was based on a lie, which means half a million American kids were forced to go overseas to kill and/or be killed for a lie (and for a bunch of corporation’s bottom line).
What lie are you referring to?

Two of the biggest voices of the never Trump movement Ben Shapiro and Steve Deace are on record as voting for for him this time around.

Hell Shapiro is out actively campaigning for Trump and is on record for donating millions to his campaign.

Guess now they are part of the never Kamala movement.

Throw in a Russia election tampering comment....he'll use his entire 2 minutes talking about the "Russia, Russia, Russia" hoax.

It's easy to debate Trump if you do it right :)

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
She doesn't need to try making him look bad. He'll do that all by himself. He makes himself look bad even when he has a teleprompter in front of him at his rallies. Her real goal here is to show why she's the only candidate who actually has a plan to improve the country instead of just grifting off it.
I get that but you can be damned sure his "team" is telling him he has to stay on message.

Easier said than done. I'm just saying, facilitate him going off on tangents. Pretty easy thing to do from his history.

It's gonna be interesting to watch.

Reactions: nelly02
I agree with bins on this one, She should take a few subtle shots to trigger him, It’s 90 minutes and she will have plenty of time to sell herself and her vision. He loves to attack women add in the fact she’s a minority woman and while I think she shouldn’t make it a priority I do think she should light the fuse a few times to see if she can get him to explode.

What lie are you referring to?
Gulf of Tonkin ‘incident’ ring a bell?
Apparently you’re unfamiliar with the concept of governments starting wars so their corporate sponsors can profit from them.

I agree with bins on this one, She should take a few subtle shots to trigger him, It’s 90 minutes and she will have plenty of time to sell herself and her vision. He loves to attack women add in the fact she’s a minority woman and while I think she shouldn’t make it a priority I do think she should light the fuse a few times to see if she can get him to explode.
This. It's a pretty easy proposition for her and she'd be negligent not to exploit it.

She's certainly not going to discuss her policies like tax payer funding for gender transitions for all illegal aliens. Tampon Tim stolen valor scandal is coming back front row center if she tries this and that is 1000x worse than Trump not going to war 5 plus decades ago. This is a desperate thread lmfak

The distinction here should be subtle vs obvious. We know it doesn’t take much to bait Trump, and his track record of staying on message is generally poor to begin with.

Key for Harris is being disciplined herself and not responding directly when Trump takes shots at her, as well as avoiding the word salad answers she sometimes gives.

She was born in 1964 so I don't think she was in much danger of being drafted...that and she's female. :)
recap may GIF

A lot of people did things to avoid serving in that war - those that had money had more options. I don't begrudge anyone who avoided serving in that war. My brother used student deferments until those ended, then we sat on the couch and watched them pull birthdays out of the big rotating drum. He got something in the 300's - safe. My brother-in-law, sitting right there with us, got a number in the 20's. He joined the Coast Guard the next day. Doing what Trump did just makes his contempt for those who served - either through necessity or chance - more stark. That contempt is absolutely on the table.

A lot of people did things to avoid serving in that war - those that had money had more options. I don't begrudge anyone who avoided serving in that war. My brother used student deferments until those ended, then we sat on the couch and watched them pull birthdays out of the big rotating drum. He got something in the 300's - safe. My brother-in-law, sitting right there with us, got a number in the 20's. He joined the Coast Guard the next day. Doing what Trump did just makes his contempt for those who served - either through necessity or chance - more stark. That contempt is absolutely on the table.
This.

His ducking service in vietname wouldn’t mean a thing to me if he didn’t regularly mock or insult veterans, and simply make it crystal clear he doesn’t respect those who served.

My birthday was #7. At the time they were taking everyone from about 200 down.

Hi comrade. is this what the putin AI spit out for you to reply

no you ask: why do you mock those that serve when you dodged? Avoiding duty was a personal choice. Choosing to mock those that have makes him a clown.

I think it would backfire if a woman calls a man a "coward" for dodging the draft. It's reminiscent of those stories of women who handed young civilian men white flowers to shame them during WW1.

I think it would backfire if a woman calls a man a "coward" for dodging the draft. It's reminiscent of those stories of women who handed young civilian men white flowers to shame them during WW1.
In some circumstances, I think you’re right, but in this one - they’re actively campaigning to be Commander in Chief. I think their views on and respect for those that serve (real and perceived) matter here. But as noted, I’d be more in favor of her asking about some of the comments he’s made and actions he’s taken than to imply or directly call him a coward.

Stay out of the mud where Trump is home.
This is the correct answer. He cannot answer questions of substance, so his entire goal tonight is to turn it into 90 minutes of mudslinging. Look what happened when he tried to answer a simple question about childcare last week. He meandered and babbled for 2 minutes. Kamala Harris needs to let him stumble and fumble his way through answers tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT