ADVERTISEMENT

Should Iowa go after Jalen Hurts?

Whining and crying about someone’s response on a message board is the literal definition of being a snowflake, Mr. internet fake tough guy.

Haha, I remember my first shot of the hard stuff. You make me laugh and that's not easy.

Whining and crying about someone’s response on a message board is the literal definition of being a snowflake, Mr. internet fake tough guy.

Jesus, I don't even know who your post are directed at, but you appear to be the whiskey drunk tough guy. Hahaha, wtf?

I'm impressed that this thread somehow managed to get worse than the OP. OP set a low bar.

How is suggesting that Iowa should go after a mobile, national championship QB that is currently jobless setting the bar low? Jalen got beat out by Tua who is probably the next Marcus Mariota. If we had a QB that could actually outrun a defense and escape pressure, we would have won at least two more games last year.

How is suggesting that Iowa should go after a mobile, national championship QB that is currently jobless setting the bar low? Jalen got beat out by Tua who is probably the next Marcus Mariota. If we had a QB that could actually outrun a defense and escape pressure, we would have won at least two more games last year.
He is not a good QB. We're not re-doing our offense to accommodate an inaccurate QB (i.e. a running back). He cannot stand in the pocket and throw.

Jalen will likely be looking to tansfer from Bama. His passing ability is as good or better than Stanley, and his running abilities would be a breath of fresh air for our offense. I think a Jalen/Stanley battle for the starting spot might be a good thing. Thoughts?
stop yourself.

Jalen will likely be looking to tansfer from Bama. His passing ability is as good or better than Stanley, and his running abilities would be a breath of fresh air for our offense. I think a Jalen/Stanley battle for the starting spot might be a good thing. Thoughts?
stop yourself.
I don't think he's near a good a passer and Stanley and Stanley didn't have 3 Pro receivers catching balls for him

Reactions: Uihawks111
Why would we ever have a QB again like the one who has had arguably the best season as a Hawk in recent history??? Lol (that QB Would be Heisman runner up Brad Banks!) I like Nate but Jalen could do just as good as a Hawkeye.. just don’t turn it over and run if you feel there’s nothing there..we’d win a bunch of games with a QB that is a threat to run.. as soon as he got pass that 9 man Box most D’s throw at us he’d have lots of running room

Reactions: speed4power
NO!!!!

Jalen would not be a good fit at Iowa. UI rarely deviates from the pro-style offense (meaning pocket-style passers). While he would provide some spark and excitement that hasn't been seen since Drew Tate or Brad Banks, he's also used to big, speedy receivers and would struggle even moreso with the receivers Iowa has.

That being said, I'd be shocked if he transferred. He doesn't strike me as a primadonna, I think he's genuinely happy for Tua and while I think he'd prefer to play QB, I think he's open-minded enough to try other positions as well. I think he's too good an athlete to keep off the field - he'll probably end up taking a few snaps at QB each game, some as a TE/receiver, and some at RB. Maybe even KR/PR (to be honest, that's probably his future as a pro - nothing wrong with that, just look at Josh Cribbs).

And on a similar note, it's somewhat refreshing to see that his teammate Damien Harris decided to stay for his senior season. He's got the goods to go pro, but he's also not the typical 'meathead' RB - he seems humble and well-spoken (if he took the Wunderlic, I wouldn't be shocked if it was in the upper 20s or higher). He's another one that will succeed in life, whether as a professional athlete or in the office.

I'll just bump this thread. After last night, lol at anyone that said they wouldn't want Jalen Hurts :D

First off, Stanley has a far better arm than Hurts. Not even close. Secondly, I love our current QB situation with Stanley, then Mansell, then Petras, with Boyle and Cook still as possibilities.
What? Boyle is gone and Cook a TE.

Some one told Hurts about the post so now he's trying to figure out where Iowa is. Next where the University of Iowa is. So far his only clue is a sign that says America Need Farmers.

Absolutely YES... but would he want to come to Iowa is the question
KF would never play him. KF will let the starter sink the ship (Penn St.) rather that put the backup in to see if he could do better if only for that game. My guess Mansell could completed some of those that Nate was throwing at receivers feet or over their head. Probability of Mansell completing the throw to Hockenson - 99.5% not to mention probably making a couple of plays with his legs. Difference between Saban and KF is that Saban will not hesitate to make a change if the starter is struggling or injured. What happened at Penn St. would have never happened with Saban. And, I despise the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT