ADVERTISEMENT

Should KJ be starting at RB

SI_NYC

HB All-American
Dec 15, 2001
KJ was clearly the standout back today, showcasing the best performance on the field. Moving forward, should he be the starter, or will the coaching staff continue to utilize him as they did today? One could argue that the current strategy—wearing down the opposing defense in the first half with the smaller, quicker backs and then unleashing KJ in the third quarter for a powerful, game-changing contrast—might be the most effective approach.

I love using all 3. The nits to pick on him last year were that he went for the homerun too much, tried to pop it outside rather than put his head down to get 5 yards. Those words are from the mouths of a coach (Betts, maybe).

He ran super hard today. We have great backs right now. I think we keep throwing a bone to the top 3. Jaz may just be buried. It's hard to feed 4 guys. Give Washington a couple jet sweeps or quick throws. I think Jaz may be #5 in the RB room.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Outside of the home run threat, I like that he gets positive yards on first down and in a lot of situations, puts us in 2nd and manageable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT