ADVERTISEMENT

Should Unarmed Teachers Be Liable In School Shootings?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
If the law says theachers can be armed but they aren't, and if there's a school shooting where kids under their supervision are hurt or killed, can they/should they be held responsible in any way?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
There is a reason why these people are teachers and not in the military. Most people don't have the ability or mindset to put themselves in danger to stop a shooter.

Yes some teachers could do it, but they are the exception, not the rule.

There is a reason why these people are teachers and not in the military. Most people don't have the ability or mindset to put themselves in danger to stop a shooter.

Yes some teachers could do it, but they are the exception, not the rule.
The three teachers in my building who are ex-military want nothing to do with being armed in school and think it's a terrible idea.

Edit - But I am prepared to act appropriately to protect my students, and I think most teachers in my building would as well.

Please tell me this is a joke

I am not a teacher….but I am a typical person and actually got as far as student teaching before I decided to go a higher paying route.

I have not fired a gun in over 30 years… and that was for a couple of hours in basic training. You want someone like me to carry a weapon?

They should be strictly liable.

200w.gif

I don’t usually even bother opening ops threads anymore, but curiosity got the best of me. Let’s do this again in six months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT