ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP--Clayborn speaks

Clayborn last played at Iowa 9 or 10 years ago now. He speaks of Doyle being a dickhead even back then-- though no details. I still don't understand how and why the culture didn't change since then.

You really think a program has to change because of some complaints from former players?

Reactions: Kurt Warner
A player saying a couple of coaches were dick heads? They probably were. Not exactly a drop the mic moment.
I'm not in the "fire all the coaches mantra" as all teams probably have coaches like that but he also said he was present when racial remarks were made to players...so it was more than just coaches being dickheads to be fair.

I'm not in the "fire all the coaches mantra" as all teams probably have coaches like that but he also said he was present when racial remarks were made to players...so it was more than just coaches being dickheads to be fair.
200.gif

Last edited:
Well, the two coaches he listed weren't shocking. Kaz was insane and a lazy hire by KF, IMO. Doyle has already been fired.

Doyle continues to come off as that teacher who has one motivational tactic and uses it all the time. He didn't seem to grasp there was more than one way to get the goal accomplished and that not all players responded well to that stuff.

To me that's the mob mentality. The African American players who have no complaints, now and years before, don't want to comment because of BLM mob pressure. And the caucasian players feel they don't dare say anything because of being singled out and harassed. JMO

To me that's the mob mentality. The African American players who have no complaints, now and years before, don't want to comment because of BLM mob pressure. And the caucasian players feel they don't dare say anything because of being singled out and harassed. JMO
You know you are crushing it in the comment section when you are getting likes from ole Kurt. It is these types of comments from our fan base that makes us look like a bunch of hicks.

You really think a program has to change because of some complaints from former players?

Dude, you been asleep at the wheel or just ignorant? Go back and read Clayborne's last sentence of his tweet in order to comprehend what he said or doesn't the racial stuff he observed mean anything to you?

The program is already changing because of voices from former players-- sorry to disappoint you. Chris Doyle has been fired, Kirk has admitted now that some changes needed, as has Barta, and confident there will be. Twitter is now open to the players; massive change there. Coaches that were bullies to players that are still on staff will no longer be allowed to be-- they'll be on watch whether you want to believe that or not. Wake up; the program is changing in this regard and rightly so.

Last edited:
I love his attitude. He didn't take any crap. Respect. Obviously didn't affect his playing time.

You know you are crushing it in the comment section when you are getting likes from ole Kurt. It is these types of comments from our fan base that makes us look like a bunch of hicks.

100% truth.

People like him are the hayseed ignorant idiots I wish just wouldn't follow the program. He lives in his little world, nestled up with his black and gold teddy bears. His type tend to flock together. I'm guessing if any Iowa player or coach knew what he was about, they'd tell him to go root for someone else.

Last edited:
I see peer pressure if you don’t post some kind of story. How is it racial for some but not others? How is it a rule with no dreadlocks for some then not others? But he’s hard on all and some started, some did not. Sounds like a program where you earn it?

Dominick Alvis' folks had shared with me what a total ass Kaz was and all of the guys that he ran off. I had heard that Kirk and Mary and the Doyles were like BFFs and they sure seemed to be that way at two different events that I attended years ago. If so, being a close friend may have resulted in an ongoing blind eye on Kirk's part with respect to the S&C program.

Turd Warner is a gem. Whatever his opinion is, I'll take the opposite position.

And you are correct. Prior to this spring, I had no idea the Iowa fan base had this many ignorant rednecks. You expect it from Iowa State and Nebraska fans, but pretty disappointing some Iowa fans are no different.

I had heard that Kirk and Mary and the Doyles were like BFFs and they sure seemed to be that way at two different events that I attended years ago. If so, being a close friend may have resulted in an ongoing blind eye on Kirk's part with respect to the S&C program.

I think you are exactly right.

One thing to keep an eye on: In Doyle's final tweet announcing his leaving Iowa, he said nothing about Ferentz; thanked him specifically in no way. For a guy who was best friends with Kirk, worked alongside him for 21 years, I found this odd. A grudge there now? Knowing the big ego of Doyle, I fully expect we'll hear from him again once the investigation is over. No way in hell he is going to be allowed to be the one and only "problem" with Iowa football. Someone I know that used to be a GA under Doyle has stated he's quite sure Doyle feels Kirk left him out to dry and Doyle's not happy Brian Ferentz was also not suspended originally. I think this thing is far from over.

Last edited:
FYI, the Alvis's shared with me that AC was so fed up with Kaz that he had decided he was going to leave the program. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they said when he told his mother that she was the one that basically convinced Adrian to stick it out. Thank God for Mom! They also told me that Dominick and Adrian were the only 2 DEs to stick it out during the Kaz nightmare and I forget how many others had left the program. There should have been enough negative feedback shared with Kirk that he should have axed Kaz earlier.

FYI, the Alvis's shared with me that AC was so fed up with Kaz that he had decided he was going to leave the program. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they said when he told his mother that she was the one that basically convinced Adrian to stick it out. Thank God for Mom! They also told me that Dominick and Adrian were the only 2 DEs to stick it out during the Kaz nightmare and I forget how many others had left the program. There should have been enough negative feedback shared with Kirk that he should have axed Kaz earlier.

Seems like Kirk has been a day late and a dollar short on several issues.

Did you miss the part where they were already making changes due to feedback they received a couple years ago?

Did you miss the part where in his June 15 presser Barta said obviously the progress he thought was being made, hadn't been?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT