ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP--Clayborn speaks

You really think a program has to change because of some complaints from former players?
Not really coming that close to winning the west unless we get a miracle draw is the reason I'd point to for change but they are related. We are usually are eliminated by early November and that's because of O isn't quite good enough usually. Nepotism still the biggest ism problem in my book.

You know what they call a strength and conditioning coach who isn't a douche bag? Trainor

You know what they call a strength and conditioning coach who isn't a douche bag? Trainor
No, there are people that have pushed you in life to be better, then there are people that have shit all over you. The latter you show them in spite. There is a huge difference between the two. One brings respect, the other doesn't.

Dude, you been asleep at the wheel or just ignorant? Go back and read Clayborne's last sentence of his tweet in order to comprehend what he said or doesn't the racial stuff he observed mean anything to you?

The program is already changing because of voices from former players-- sorry to disappoint you. Chris Doyle has been fired, Kirk has admitted now that some changes needed, as has Barta, and confident there will be. Twitter is now open to the players; massive change there. Coaches that were bullies to players that are still on staff will no longer be allowed to be-- they'll be on watch whether you want to believe that or not. Wake up; the program is changing in this regard and rightly so.

Ive listened to the players pod cast. Ive read Claybornes tweet. Ive talked to former players . So Yeah Im pretty sure Ive got a good handle on this.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Clayborn said that there were racial things said or done - just not to him. He thought that Kaz and Doyle were dickheads - but it is pretty clear they were not able to bully him. He stood up to them himself. These are not the great endorsements of the program that I hoped he would share. Nevertheless, I find him to be very, very credible. He clearly did not want to get pulled into this.

I don't think these statements help any of the Doyle defenders - or the crowd talking about former players that complain being whiners. In fact, Clayborn specifically says in his follow-up statement that he does not believe the others are whiners. I would love to see some of those tough guys posting on these boards about whiners and pussifcation of sports say that to AC or any of the others making those statements.

BTW - Kaz was NOT fired! He left for a job at Nebraska. No sign that he was even disciplined at Iowa for his behavior. I dearly love Kirk - but this is not a good look at all.

Last edited:
Clayborn said that there were racial things said or done - just not to him. He thought that Kaz and Doyle were dickheads - but it is pretty clear they were not able to bully him. He stood up to them himself. These are not the great endorsements of the program that I hoped he would share. Nevertheless, I find him to be very, very credible. He clearly did not want to get pulled into this.

I don't think these statements help any of the Doyle defenders - or the crowd talking about former players that complain being whiners. In fact, Clayborn specifically says in his follow-up statement that he does not believe the others are whiners. I would love to see some of those tough guys posting on these boards about whiners and pussifcation of sports say that to AC or any of the others making those statements.

BTW - Kaz was NOT fired! He left for a job at Nebraska. No sign that he was even disciplined at Iowa for his behavior. I dearly love Kirk - but this is not a good look at all.

BTW - Kaz was NOT fired! He left for a job at Nebraska. No sign that he was even disciplined at Iowa for his behavior. I dearly love Kirk - but this is not a good look at all.[/QUOTE]

Kaz wasn't returning to Iowa in any way shape or form. The fact that Nebraska took him on only helped the optics. See White, Chris, Kennedy, Bobby. Not 'fired' just 'not returning'

I am not claiming to be all knowing on this or any other topic, but I am confident it happened as I described,

Kaz got the offer from Nebraska and believed it to be a step up. News articles at the time described the departure and that Kirk was not mad because "he left through the front door." Kaz also later told people here in IC that he "never should have left Kirk."

I wish it happened as you described. It did not from all that I know.

I see peer pressure if you don’t post some kind of story. How is it racial for some but not others? How is it a rule with no dreadlocks for some then not others? But he’s hard on all and some started, some did not. Sounds like a program where you earn it?
In terms of the dreadlocks or long hair multiple players white and black have said they would get harassed by some coaches about their hair, some dealt with it or ignored it and clearly kept their hair long. Never appeared to be a rule just that some coaches gave players crap about their hair.

Did you miss the part where in his June 15 presser Barta said obviously the progress he thought was being made, hadn't been?
Wasn’t enough, not they didn’t make any. If new allegations came out it’s different. And they weren’t specific to football in the prior study, it was athletics in general.

100% truth.

People like him are the hayseed ignorant idiots I wish just wouldn't follow the program. He lives in his little world, nestled up with his black and gold teddy bears. His type tend to flock together. I'm guessing if any Iowa player or coach knew what he was about, they'd tell him to go root for someone else.

Turd Warner is a gem. Whatever his opinion is, I'll take the opposite position.

And you are correct. Prior to this spring, I had no idea the Iowa fan base had this many ignorant rednecks. You expect it from Iowa State and Nebraska fans, but pretty disappointing some Iowa fans are no different.

Lol, you libtards are priceless. Go tear down a statue idiots, I bet you're are all for it. You may get to see the rath of us rednecks if things don't change

Ignore me dipsticks if you're gonna cry even when I like something, pathetic little babies

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Lol, you libtards are priceless. Go tear down a statue idiots, I bet you're are all for it. You may get to see the rath of us rednecks if things don't change

Ignore me dipsticks if you're gonna cry even when I like something, pathetic little babies

I'm more of a staunch Republican than you are redneck. I happen to not be the redneck uneducated idiot you are.

You are a DB and pretty much looking at the reaction you get from most everyone on this board they feel the same. Speaks volumes to who are-- you just have a low enough IQ to realize it.

Wasn’t enough, not they didn’t make any. If new allegations came out it’s different. And they weren’t specific to football in the prior study, it was athletics in general.

Hostilities were loud enough when everyone reconvened internally that Ferentz needed to take an extra day for the team to air their differences instead of hitting the conditioning field. Problems still existed obviously, you just refuse to want to believe them.

The Iowa football program has had this issue for years-- so please stop trying to say it was the other sports at Iowa. It was a football issue. Thankfully it's now going to get cleaned up. Ferentz is going to begin paying attention to surroundings within his control-- much more than he did with Doyle.

Clayborn last played at Iowa 9 or 10 years ago now. He speaks of Doyle being a dickhead even back then-- though no details. I still don't understand how and why the culture didn't change since then.
Most young folks think their parents are dickheads.....

Reactions: indy1203
I'm not in the "fire all the coaches mantra" as all teams probably have coaches like that but he also said he was present when racial remarks were made to players...so it was more than just coaches being dickheads to be fair.
The post above talks about comments a decade ago, I dont believe racist comments were mentioned by him years ago.

Lol you're a joke. What's your net worth? Bet mines more. Must not be too dumb, dipshit

By the way I have way more likes percentage wise so there's that too crybaby

Lol almost 24000 posts?? You need to get a life

LOL, I co-own a company with excess of $30 million in revenues annually in the advertising and marketing world. You? My net worth in 1987 was likely better than yours is today. I'm guessing you were once fired by me or someone on my staff. Is that the basis of your hostilities?

Rednecks like you don't own things-- instead, they are controlled by others. You can't even string any of your posts together in a logistical manner without going redneck. Congrats to you.

Reactions: littlez
LOL, I co-own a company with excess of $30 million in revenues annually in the advertising and marketing world. You? My net worth in 1987 was likely better than yours is today. I'm guessing you were once fired by me or someone on my staff. Is that the basis of your hostilities?

Rednecks like you don't own things-- instead, they are controlled by others. You can't even string any of your posts together in a logistical manner without going redneck. Congrats to you.

Lol, you expect me to believe that nonsense? You dumb

Been my own boss all my life dipshit and own plenty of things so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Lol, you expect me to believe that nonsense? You dumb

Been my own boss all my life dipshit and own plenty of things so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Boss of what? What does your company do? How many states you in? Mine is now in 16 and was only in four 12 years ago. We started in 1997 with nothing and this year pacing to top $37 million from last year's $34 million. Sorry dude, to own a business one needs to be a professional-- not a redneck acting/talking fool-- that's why I know that if you own one it's not much of anything.

Next time you ask someone what they do and want to compare to you, you might want to reconsider that so you don't look like such a fool.

Pay the $10/month and join the Lounge-- you'd be ripped to shreds in a heartbeat.

Again, when looking for a job, don't come to us again. You are on "no rehire" status.

FYI, the Alvis's shared with me that AC was so fed up with Kaz that he had decided he was going to leave the program. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they said when he told his mother that she was the one that basically convinced Adrian to stick it out. Thank God for Mom! They also told me that Dominick and Adrian were the only 2 DEs to stick it out during the Kaz nightmare and I forget how many others had left the program. There should have been enough negative feedback shared with Kirk that he should have axed Kaz earlier.

Broderick Binns? Christian Ballard?

Boss of what? What does your company do? How many states you in? Mine is now in 16 and was only in four 12 years ago. We started in 1997 with nothing and this year pacing to top $37 million from last year's $34 million. Sorry dude, to own a business one needs to be a professional-- not a redneck acting/talking fool-- that's why I know that if you own one it's not much of anything.

Next time you ask someone what they do and want to compare to you, you might want to reconsider that so you don't look like such a fool.

Pay the $10/month and join the Lounge-- you'd be ripped to shreds in a heartbeat.

Again, when looking for a job, don't come to us again. You are on "no rehire" status.

Go to bed old fart and keep on dreamin

Hostilities were loud enough when everyone reconvened internally that Ferentz needed to take an extra day for the team to air their differences instead of hitting the conditioning field. Problems still existed obviously, you just refuse to want to believe them.

The Iowa football program has had this issue for years-- so please stop trying to say it was the other sports at Iowa. It was a football issue. Thankfully it's now going to get cleaned up. Ferentz is going to begin paying attention to surroundings within his control-- much more than he did with Doyle.
so if "it " was all made up by robert T green, then "it" never existed. how is "it " going to get cleaned up?

Dude, you been asleep at the wheel or just ignorant? Go back and read Clayborne's last sentence of his tweet in order to comprehend what he said or doesn't the racial stuff he observed mean anything to you?

The program is already changing because of voices from former players-- sorry to disappoint you. Chris Doyle has been fired, Kirk has admitted now that some changes needed, as has Barta, and confident there will be. Twitter is now open to the players; massive change there. Coaches that were bullies to players that are still on staff will no longer be allowed to be-- they'll be on watch whether you want to believe that or not. Wake up; the program is changing in this regard and rightly so.

I just wanted to say that once you get post high School you are no longer a “bully”. You’re an asshole (or in this specific case- a dickhead).

I just wanted to say that once you get post high School you are no longer a “bully”. You’re an asshole (or in this specific case- a dickhead).
I would also like to point out that the bullying allegations and stuff is coming from NOT the voices of former players

In my opinion ‘being a professional’ would entail avoiding sinking to name calling and bragging about your business success. When disputes become personal professionalism has left the building.

In my opinion ‘being a professional’ would entail avoiding sinking to name calling and bragging about your business success. When disputes become personal professionalism has left the building.

Not bragging. He made a comment, I answered. You call it bragging. I call it answering his claim frankly and honestly.

Knowing the big ego of Doyle, I fully expect we'll hear from him again once the investigation is over.

I am guessing we will not hear from Doyle again unless his severance package didn't include some clause where he keeps his mouth shut. If that's the case the Iowa Athletics department is pretty damn inept.

Not bragging. He made a comment, I answered. You call it bragging. I call it answering his claim frankly and honestly.

"redneck" stranger: "What do you do for a living, cause you ain't all that?"
rich person: "I co-own a company that is in over 10 states and has a net worth over 35 million dollars. You're a redneck, aren't you?"

A stranger might call this bragging. The rich person might call this answering frankly and honestly. Both could be true!...eyes of the beholder.

I'm with you that things need to change. I do believe that many players believe racist comments have been said by Doyle. I'm not convinced that Doyle is a racist. Both could be true!...eyes of the beholder.

Reactions: hawkosx
I am guessing we will not hear from Doyle again unless his severance package didn't include some clause where he keeps his mouth shut. If that's the case the Iowa Athletics department is pretty damn inept.
doyle should have to testify about all the crap robert T green made up in the trial where doyle sues t green

What is the name of the company?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT