ADVERTISEMENT

Sidelines fire.. get real time.

I’m an official and don’t do college but know plenty of guys that do.

They said that with pretty much every major college coach that whines and rides the officials, it just kinda rolls off the shoulder and you’re fine with your calls.

But if KF rips into you, you know you effed up. He knows the rules like the back of his hand.
I am a quasi-Kirk fan, but he has effed up various times by not knowing the rules. A prime example was the 2004 Capital One Bowl when he didn't know the clock was going to start after a penalty and fortunately Tate bailed him out big time.

I am a quasi-Kirk fan, but he has effed up various times by not knowing the rules. A prime example was the 2004 Capital One Bowl when he didn't know the clock was going to start after a penalty and fortunately Tate bailed him out big time.

Tell us some more of these various times KF “effed up by not knowing the rules.”

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Sitting a Qb as I said before, for a few series can sometimes be the best thing for them. It allows them to clear and refocus. Iowa will not remove our QB. Blow out games aside, it will be Stanley. I chatted with Stanzi, he said OL work and quick game plan with more Qb roll outs will go a long way. I agree.

This this this! We cannot hold a pocket so Stanley has to move.

Pass... he was bailed out by amazing talent around him. Just like his brother

Eli, yes. Peyton was great!

Reactions: FormerPlayer07
I wish KF would spit his gum out and smack it Mr. Perfect style.

200.gif

I have yet to see a team win a Super Bowl without amazing talent. And Peyton is in the top 5 QBs to ever play the game. You wouldn't want him as your QB? Really?
His SBs were on the backs of amazing defenses. One of the more overated QBs.

Tell us some more of these various times KF “effed up by not knowing the rules.”
I don't remember all of the specific situations but I do remember him commenting a couple of times in the last 4-5 years in his post-game interview that he didn't know that a certain rule had been changed. The most recent that I recall was when they changed the rule a year or two ago where the referees would start winding the clock after a touchback (this was on the opening kickoff) without all 11 in the huddle. I believe it was Stanley still being briefed on the sideline when the flag was dropped----probably first home game last year or the year before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT