ADVERTISEMENT

Simone Biles

Exactly my thoughts. All this talk about her being under an immense amount of pressure, yet amplifies it herself by wearing a goat leotard. I don’t believe her twisties excuse for a second.

In your expert opinion, why would one of, if not the best remail gymnast of all times, withdrawal from competition in the biggest moment of her life?

Watch Strugg's vault today knowing:

1. Karolyi pressured her to make it, "Kerri, we need you to go one more time. We need you one more time for the gold. You can do it, you better do it."

2. It wasn't actually needed for the gold though it did clinch it

3. It was the last time she competed - her 3rd degree sprain with tendon damage ended her career at 18 years old

It's impossible to feel good about it as far as I'm concerned.
Keri Strugg is remembered as a hero, a picture of mental toughness, regardless of outside influence. Heart of a champion indeed.

My question is simply around what 20 years time will tell about this situation.

Reactions: ghost80
Exactly my thoughts. All this talk about her being under an immense amount of pressure, yet amplifies it herself by wearing a goat leotard. I don’t believe her twisties excuse for a second.
It's because "twisties" sound so much better than "choke job".

Glad Biles did not get hurt but feel zero sympathy for her and this skidmark needs to be remembered as part of her legacy.

In order to support her self proclaimed GOAT status she took on increasingly more difficult moves until she psyched herself out. Regardless of what you do, athletic or not, everyone is responsible to operate within their limits and Biles clearly did not.

Posters are wondering. Why is this such a burr under Ghost saddle? It's the self proclaimed GOAT. I despise people who are a self proclaimed expert or GOAT at anything. Real experts and real GOATS don't go around telling people that and they cross over into stupidity if they do it while they are still participating in the thing they claim their greatness. All that does is set themselves up for failure. My agitation has nothing to do with Biles color, sex, or even what she is doing (Olympic sport or claiming to be the GOAT chocolate cake baker). It purely is that she talked the talk in the biggest way possible and on the biggest stage possible and didn't walk the walk but choked instead.

Bowels brought on this colon blow... she can now own it.

Last edited:
You don’t see a lot of female gymnasts in there 20’s competing in the Olympics. Truth is, they have been doing it their entire lives and it is hard on their bodies. I recall Mary Lou Retton winning the Gold medal for all around gymnast after undergoing knee surgery 5 weeks prior. If athletes only competed when they were 100%, you wouldn’t see many competitions in any sport.

Keri Strugg is remembered as a hero, a picture of mental toughness, regardless of outside influence. Heart of a champion indeed.

My question is simply around what 20 years time will tell about this situation.
Strugg is remembered because she managed to land the vault. Had she collapsed in agony and done further damage to her ankle we'd remember her as the victim of a coach who shamed a young girl into performing a skill he knew probably wasn't needed and which could do her serious harm. There was absolutely no way she could have refused to attempt that vault - Strugg had no choice. "You better do it". Karolyi would be seen today as a monster. Strugg was 18 - not "in her 20's" - and world class and she never competed again in a sport she had devoted her life to.

Biles assessed her status and determined she wasn't capable of competing. It was obvious that she was getting lost in the air - she couldn't land anything, the vault was just the final problem. Had she continued she would have failed miserably - or worse, seriously injured herself. For her own health - and very likely for the good of the team - she decided that the best course of action was to withdraw

Here's the funny thing...Tiger Woods could have backed out of the Masters because his back simply wouldn't allow him to compete and we'd still regard him as one of the greatest of all time. It wouldn't have affected his stature in the sport AT ALL.

Oh wait...he did. And it didn't. Weird, huh?

It's because "twisties" sound so much better than "choke job".

Glad Biles did not get hurt but feel zero sympathy for her and this skidmark needs to be remembered as part of her legacy.

In order to support her self proclaimed GOAT status she took on increasingly more difficult moves until she psyched herself out. Regardless of what you do, athletic or not, everyone is responsible to operate within their limits and Biles clearly did not.

Posters are wondering. Why is this such a burr under Ghost saddle? It's the self proclaimed GOAT. I despise people who are a self proclaimed expert or GOAT at anything. Real experts and real GOATS don't go around telling people that and they cross over into stupidity if they do it while they are still participating in the thing they claim their greatness. All that does is set themselves up for failure. My agitation has nothing to do with Biles color, sex, or even what she is doing (Olympic sport or claiming to be the GOAT chocolate cake baker). It purely is that she talked the talk in the biggest way possible and on the biggest stage possible and didn't walk the walk but choked instead.

Bowels brought on this colon blow... she can now own it.
No, it’s a burr in your saddle because you hate women’s sports and likely women in general.

Does anyone think how Team USA handled Biles withdrawel as part of the problem?

If the "twisties" is a genuine phenomenon known in gymnastics why not just come out and say it. I could totally see how it could be a brain neuro wiring problem and not a case of "mental toughness". Then you get interviews with retired gymnasts and stuff to talk about it. The, "Simon Biles withdrew for personal reasons", etc has drawn a lot of criticism because it leads to speculation about her mental state.

If I get on a cruise ship and then get off I will feel like I'm still on the ocean for at least a few days but have had it up to a month (disembarkement syndrome). The brain does some weird stuff. I would imagine if you start to second guess your reflexive spins and twists in the air, it would be super dangerous and scary.

No reason to hide the condition because there is no competetive advantage if she is in our out. This would be different than placing someone on the injured reserve vs day to day in a team sport like football where you have to plan your game around the personnel.

i would have snuck the adderall in to the country in a tylenol bottle, also they should have had her on a taper plan years ago, oh well, this isnt complicated and it was a bit of bad luck i guess

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
i have seen people quit zoloft which is childs play compared to adderall, these pharma meds create incredible dependence

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
No, it’s a burr in your saddle because you hate women’s sports and likely women in general.
You're trying too hard cupcake.

You have no idea my thoughts on women but it is true I have a genuine distain for women's sports especially as hypocritical as it paints them. Women want equality and claim they are equals.....but then want their own athletics.

I am 100% supportive of women competing in athletics.....alongside men in unisex contests with the best competing. Anything less than that is either hypocritical or an insult to women.

....but that whole issue has nothing to do with a braggart failing to perform.

Waiting for Simone to politicize this choke job over racism in America. She messed up a landing and had a breakdown over it. I can’t believe people are buying this bullshit about twisties lol.

In your expert opinion, why would one of, if not the best remail gymnast of all times, withdrawal from competition in the biggest moment of her life?
Because she jacked up a landing and had a breakdown over it? Thought it was obvious?

Waiting for Simone to politicize this choke job over racism in America. She messed up a landing and had a breakdown over it. I can’t believe people are buying this bullshit about twisties lol.

Wasn't the landing. The vault was supposed to be 2 and a half but she got 'lost'. Sorry this does not fit your narrative. :(

Reactions: BelemNole
First mental issues now twisties. I get it, twisties sounds like a much better excuse for the self proclaimed goat who quit on her team

It’s also important to remember that Djokovic doesn’t have the grand slam record because
::checks notes::
he hit a woman in the throat.
FinishedHandyGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

The one positive for me in this is that I should start eating better and lose some weight.

Nabisco has said their sponsorship of Bowels will remain solid so my support of Nabisco is over. Long list of food (mostly crap) so it will take some adjustments....but since I don't smoke dope I can do it.

VISA is standing by their support of her. Fortunately I do not have a VISA card.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
The one positive for me in this is that I should start eating better and lose some weight.

Nabisco has said their sponsorship of Bowels will remain solid so my support of Nabisco is over. Long list of food (mostly crap) so it will take some adjustments....but since I don't smoke dope I can do it.

VISA is standing by their support of her. Fortunately I do not have a VISA card.
Youre so woke

Reactions: McIlraveysMullet

Lol. Such a snowflake.

Every athlete has a point in time when they understand it is time to walk away. Whatever the reason..it is the reason. What you and I think about “ the reason” means absolutely nothing. Respect the decision. It will happen to every one of us at sometime in our life.
I remember when I worked, I would ask co-workers about their retiring. Almost every time the answer I received was, “ You will know when it’s time.” Not much of an answer...except, it was indeed the correct answer. It may be an incident or two, it may be the result of a accumulation Of events, but one day you realize it is time to walk away.
Simone has had her moment of realization. She has nothing but my respect.

And now she's coming back! All healed!
She's entering an event where you don't do many twisting jumps, aside from the dismount.

It's all straight flips along the beam.

That's the main difference between the beam and the other events, where twisting/turning moves are the "norm", and the only way to get decent scores.

event where you don't do many twisting jumps, aside from the dismount.

It's all straight flips along the beam.
Oh so her mind and body , her words not mine, are in sync on the beam but not any other event?

Get out of here with there being some difference between her condition and the beam and other events. This just makes it look worse.

REmember @Joes Place the beam is where she first had a hiccup...six whole days ago. Then she left for mental health issues, then it was for twisties that made it dangerous to compete. Now, less than a week later she's back?

Reactions: Car-go
No; it's just as I'd explained to you. A 3rd grader could understand it.
See my post above. It was on the friggin beam that she had problems and then withdrew. So was it just a bad event or did she have the twisties there too? Can't have it both ways homie.

You can't be like oh the beam is a different kind of tumbling
Then be all oh she failed to qualify because she had twisties in teh same event and we shuold applaud her decision to leave.

A 3rd grader also understand how bad of a look it is to leave then come back a short time later.

A third grader also understands that if your problem is some type of vertigo that a problem doesn't just maniftest itself if you spin on the Y axis and not the X axis. That's just stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT