ADVERTISEMENT

Smalls gone as well?

in the most shocking turn of events in sports media history,

a sports pundit criticizes a particular program and then their fans lose their minds.

grow up. you're a cliche.

@smalls. What do you actually create for us here? Your whack ass ranking system where all others are wrong because you dont understand another person opinion only bag on them? Come here and screen shot shit to post on twitter so you can get click bait to share your hatred of the program? What good are you honestly? You are the most biased "media" member in the country. you're a clown you fat ****
KaBoooom

Reactions: natchrlman
"BIASED".. but you dont argue you are a fat ****? Got it.. you understand your roll
yes. i'm fat. which would be a very hurtful comment if...

• i was in 7th grade
• i wasn't the greatest mind in wrestling
• i wasn't living my best life
• it wasn't the only true barb listed in this entire thread that is nothing more than a crybaby fest

can you list others? tia
I find the crocodile tears hilarious, considering you sit on social media and shit talk other people. That's not just the Manzona Bryant thing which was hilariously timed, it's your whole twitter/online persona tbh. Anybody who's followed you for a decent amount of time has seen more than one late night drunken rambling of you talking shit on people 😂.

You've received a lot of unfair criticism over the years here, there is absolute truth to that. Often times you were caught in the cross fire over anger at FLO/CP etc. But eventually you started coming over here with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind. So this type of 'incident' has been boiling up. You don't think the way you conduct yourself has any bearing on the type of responses you get over here?

where am i Arrogant, smug, condescending, rude, obnoxious...?

on my show? in person?

or you mean on here? i wonder why i would be those things on here.

I find the crocodile tears hilarious,
who is crying? who is playing a victim? there's a thread with my name on it. i'm simply replying. i haven't asked for anyone to feel bad for me.
considering you sit on social media and shit talk other people. That's not just the Manzona Bryant thing which was hilariously timed, it's your whole twitter/online persona tbh. Anybody who's followed you for a decent amount of time has seen more than one late night drunken rambling of you talking shit on people 😂.
It was hilariously timed. i'll give you that. and it wasn't nice. it wasn't inaccurate. but it wasn't nice.

any other examples of me talking $h!t? it's a very rare occurrence.
But eventually you started coming over here with a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind.
i did? can you cite any other times/topics where i was a d!ck without being prompted to be by one of the fine posters on here?
You don't think the way you conduct yourself has any bearing on the type of responses you get over here?
what conduct would that be? responding like a prick when whiny babies on here go ad hominem?

the bottom line is this board rips on me daily. and i don't really care. but make no mistake, it IS this board. not another board. not another group of iowans. zero problems with any other fan base or staff (and i've criticized them all).

i see problems in the current state of affairs and i tweeted that i do. that - bottom line - not anything else - is that's why this thread exists. y'all are mad at my assessment and opinion. i get it, wrestling isn't used to honesty. couple it with the fact that you're the most paranoid fans in the universe and this is what we get.

Does anyone have the Monty Python video of the Knight at the bridge egging on his opponents while losing all his limbs ?

Jimmy Small D is resilient I’ll give him that
Funny you bring that one up. GIA would seem to be the Black Knight, with Jesuroga as his right arm, Nagao as his left arm, Truax as the right leg, and Chittum as the left leg.

Last edited:
who is crying? who is playing a victim? there's a thread with my name on it. i'm simply replying. i haven't asked for anyone to feel bad for me.

It was hilariously timed. i'll give you that. and it wasn't nice. it wasn't inaccurate. but it wasn't nice.

i did? can you cite any other times/topics where i was a d!ck without being prompted to be by one of the fine posters on here?

what conduct would that be? responding like a prick when whiny babies on here go ad hominem?

the bottom line is this board rips on me daily. and i don't really care. but make no mistake, it IS this board. not another board. not another group of iowans. zero problems with any other fan base or staff (and i've criticized them all).

i see problems in the current state of affairs and i tweeted that i do. that - bottom line - not anything else - is that's why this thread exists. y'all are mad at my assessment and opinion. i get it, wrestling isn't used to honesty. couple it with the fact that you're the most paranoid fans in the universe and this is what we get.
Some people in this board don’t like you. Some on here give you shit constantly. Yet you go on Twitter and criticize the entire fan base and program because of what some people said on this board.

Make no mistake, that’s why this thread exist. For some reason you can’t see that so you’ve doubled down, because that’s what you do. Your narrow minded approach and harsh criticism over comments made on a ****ing message board made you toss out the Iowa program on your social media. If you can’t see why 95% of Iowa fans are agitated by you right now, then idk what the f to tell you. Full stop.

Writing off an entire fanbase and program based on what a handful of posters type on a message board...

Some people in this board don’t like you. Some on here give you shit constantly. Yet you go on Twitter and criticize the entire fan base and program because of what some people said on this board.

Make no mistake, that’s why this thread exist. For some reason you can’t see that so you’ve doubled down, because that’s what you do. Your narrow minded approach and harsh criticism over comments made on a ****ing message board made you toss out the Iowa program on your social media. If you can’t see why 95% of Iowa fans are agitated by you right now, then idk what the f to tell you. Full stop.
Exactly. He extrapolated the crap he gets from a large handful of people on this board to those of us who have continued supporting him through his dealings with Flo and beyond.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
And yet here you are reposting after reposting after reposting. Obviously you that needs us. And remember, the people that have to continually tell everyone how great they are, well they ain't great.

no. make no mistake. my 'i'm out on iowa' tweet had nothing to do with this message board.

'i'm out on iowa' = i don't think they're building right for the future going The Ferrari route.

and i 100% stand by that.

if that's not what you thought i meant, what the hell did you think?

Reactions: hlstone and el dub
It’s impossible not to cringe at just about everything on here these days. Unfortunately, the Hawkeye fans do a pretty good job of embarrassing themselves. Smalls is usually right there with them and he doesn’t even know it.
The never ending back and forth efforts to roast each other is beyond awful and hard not to wonder the age group of so many of the posters. Sadly we do know the ages of a few and I just don’t get it.

While just message boards, it still plays a small part in the image that’s put out there of our program. If the majority of these posters are actually adults then do your best to act like one. Maybe try thinking before you type once in a while. Before hitting the post reply button… ask yourself if it’s really useful info or is it more cringy, useless words.

no. make no mistake. my 'i'm out on iowa' tweet had nothing to do with this message board.

'i'm out on iowa' = i don't think they're building right for the future going The Ferrari route.

Well your subsequent tweet was you posting Bobs message and saying how he’s a donor and all that. So it seemed obvious, and even to the anti iowa folks in your comments, that it meant you don’t support the program as a whole from a respect perspective. If its what you said then there probably should have been tweets about you being out on Rutgers and Virginia as well

Reactions: GlenHawk

Bingo. This board is such a small representation. There is a reason no Iowa fans go around Intermat or subscribe to Rokfin. It has nothing to do with the pot stirring that seems to occur here every time he shows up. People have been hating on Iowa wrestling since the Gable days. Smalls is just the latest delusional shrill.

Would you have still sent the tweet if the comments made on this board yesterday didn’t occur?

This is gonna take quite a bit of self reflection and honesty, because from where I sit you had six weeks to tweet that stance before hitting send last night.

I think it’s entirely possible one event caused the other. It’s convenient to say that tweet was in regard to the Ferrari family, when Anthony committed to us so long ago and Angelo is currently in town.

Would you say that about Rutgers. If it’s the Ferrari family that you’re displeased about Angelo went there on a visit. How about VA tech. Not a peep when he went there.

Irrespective of obvious insults, I have observed few respond in a deescalating manner when they feel they are under attack by the perceived tone, line of questioning, or inflammatory words of posts directed at them. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are anonymous strangers, well-known boosters, or modest celebrities that share a common niche interest.

I think this might be expected when a millieu is crowded with self-annointed alpha males that see admitting mistakes and apology as a signs of weakness that are only exhibited by "weak ass beta males."

It is only made worse when the worst motivation and intentions are assumed by default.

I can and do simultaneously believe that:
  1. The postings sandwiched around the 'skank' comment aren't intended to impugn Allie Ragan's character.
  2. The 'skank' posting and its follow-ups are misogynistic, unkind, and were intended to impugn Allie Ragan's character.
  3. Likes and jokes about the 'skank' posting are similarly unkind.
  4. The postings immediately adjacent to the 'skank' comment would reasonably be perceived as a collective insult, regardless of intent.
  5. Those who posted screenshots did so for they're own reasons based only on 2 through 4, and those reasons included publicly embarrassing @bnicolls. But as an unintended side-effect, it amplified the negativity.
I believe the majority of this board's regulars see this situation similarly. I believe the majority is also concerned that the recent events did not put Iowa wrestling in the best light.

If my beliefs are correct, it seems the vast majority of this board's regulars could unify in a way that would act to put Iowa wrestling in a better light.

If moderators exist here, I'm sure they could offer their assistance.

Last edited:
for me sports are a hobby, i have always been more invested in college and olympic sports because so many compete for passion. then starting with the dream team, then millionaire golfers and tennis players took alot of shine off the games, now college kids making more than teachers and nurses make me not be all in. point is it's just entertainment for me and most of the people on here, but for little willie it's how he makes his living. i just think he should be a little more aware that he is working for the fans,to much to hope for i know.

Reactions: natchrlman
Well your subsequent tweet was you posting Bobs message and saying how he’s a donor and all that. So it seemed obvious, and even to the anti iowa folks in your comments, that it meant you don’t support the program as a whole from a respect perspective.
oh, i 100% think that Bob is a creep and a scumbag. i also think it's insane he has any affiliation w/ the program and that he posts what he posts. if he didn't have money, it wouldn't be tolerated for a second.
If its what you said then there probably should have been tweets about you being out on Rutgers and Virginia as well
I haven't heard Rutgers is looking at all three. and i know for sure Tech is not. additionally, there biggest donor didn't trash a family five seconds after anointing him a title contender nor smear (and don't f'in spin it) a former hawk champ, a current college coach, and a women's world medalist.

to be abundantly clear - my tweet had nothing to do the posters on here and their constant bashing of me - no one cares about that including myself. i have enough self awareness (and humbleness, contrary to what you all believe) that i wouldn't whine on twitter (or think anyone gave a rip) about someone picking on me.

i do, however, lump Bob in with the current poor choices being made by the program.

I can and do simultaneously believe that:
  1. The postings sandwiched around the 'skank' comment aren't intended to impugn Allie Ragan's character.
you're a good poster, 98. level headed, tactful, and write well.

this, however, is preposterous spin.

Nichols knew exactly what he was doing/saying. there's no way he looked at the context and thought it was benign.

Writing off an entire fanbase and program based on what a handful of posters type on a message board...
Yes, I'm out of my lane, but perhaps, just perhaps it's not the "handful" of posters that are the problem, but instead the hundreds if not thousands that through their silence encouraged the show to continue.

• Haha
Reactions: GlenHawk
I thought you lived in your parents house.
Are you living your best life now because you moved out? Congrats if you did. That's a big step in life for some
this is exactly the type of tired crap that does nothing to foster a rational discussion but that you idiots spew regularly. then get butt hurt if i use mean words in response.

you also know absolutely nothing about the situation. but hey, do stuff to make your fellow dorks chuckle.

you're a good poster, 98. level headed, tactful, and write well.

this, however, is preposterous spin.

Nichols knew exactly what he was doing/saying. there's no way he looked at the context and thought it was benign.
Well, for a troll he's a good poster. Only problem is it's hard to determine who he is trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT