ADVERTISEMENT

Smalls gone as well?

I respectfully disagree. I don't own black and gold glasses. I already explained why I believe the joke was misinterpreted, so no need to further explain. I already said I had a similar first impression biased by the interleaving 'skank' comment.

I also don't have keen enough abilities to determine with any certainty whether engaging the thread conversation was insinuating/piling on vs trying to redirect via humor. But my mind is open enough to consider the possibility that Bob was attempting to do just the latter through a redirecting comment about the naivete of 'ski bum' men.

Unfortunately once labeled a 'bad man' bias may prevent the labeler from creating a first impression the man might be doing something honorable. And make no mistake the social media campaign aims to label Bob a bad man in order to bias impressions.

This impression has been increased such that

primarily due to the way two people have used Twitter. That is not to say, the whole country is, in fact, thinking it based on Twitter replies that I've read. But then again, you may similarly falsely assert all those who replied wear black and gold glasses. So what's the point, really?

that’s a very accurate synopsis of the situation and how it played out. kudos to you sir.

No, but I am thinking of starting my 3rd career as a Title 1 public school teacher (math / STEM) as more of an avocation than vocation. I don't really need the money.

I am currently in year-two of a planned minimum 2-gap years after my (and my wife's) early retirement. I'm 60. I'm an Electrical Engineer / Systems Engineer by degrees. We remained D.I.N.K. throughout 35+ year fully employed careers, so financially we're in good shape.

I've volunteered to help in my niece's Las Vegas classrooms a few weeks since retired. I am currently targeting fall 2024 to become a full-time teacher. We'll see though, best laid plans and all. You won't see me on the boards, if that happens. So you all have that to look forward to.
I thought you live in Maryland. Heck of a commute to LV.

there's no 'desired outcome'.

i'm talking wrestling with wrestling fans. that's it.

thanks for your concern
except you’re not talking wrestling….. you’re defending yourself and your actions from people that are sick of you

But you are “the greatest mind in wrestling” and the entire rest of the country is hanging on your every word 🙄

Except they’re not ……and we’re Iowa we don’t give a shit anyway

I thought you live in Maryland. Heck of a commute to LV.
It's a bit of one, but Southwest helps.

They put me up (and up with me). They also feed me pretty well. Lots of hiking to do around there. And heck, it's for the children and experience. A bargain especially when retirement enables flying on the lowest bargain dates and times.

Reactions: el dub
My first tweet is still up. My second tweet, was about Bob's post, correct. I did not mention Alli by name. but i pulled it down anyway. the intent was not to dunk on this message board (which no one cares about). it was about Bob, the biggest hawkeye donor, calling a damn world medalist some abhorrent terms.

but yes, be mad at the messenger, not the author of the disguisting post.

that precisely shows the character and focus of many on this board. don't worry about values, or lack thereof, be more concerned that it's public.

if you didn't think Bob's message was gross, why do you care that i tweeted it?
This is a straight up lie. And you call yourself a journalist.
I canceled mine last night.
Let's see how many more of these posts we can get.

This is a straight up lie. And you call yourself a journalist.

Let's see how many more of these posts we can get.
i cancelled mine last off season when the dipshit said iowa was being reported for tampering, which was complete bs.

too bad he won’t answer for his dishonesty. it’s his MO to avoid posts like yours who call him out on his lies.

except you’re not talking wrestling….. you’re defending yourself and your actions from people that are sick of you

But you are “the greatest mind in wrestling” and the entire rest of the country is hanging on your every word 🙄

Except they’re not ……and we’re Iowa we don’t give a shit anyway
I can’t wait to sit next to you at IOWA home meet. We are definitely on the same wave length. It’s funny how the little guy is now trying to pick up the pieces. More notable wrestlers will be calling these guys out soon enough. This type of BS has no place in the wrestling world!

• Love
Reactions: foxb and natchrlman
Yea I’m actually heading to my daughters for a couple weeks ….. getting her garden finished and spend time on Mississippi….. I live within 45 minutes of Iowa City…….I’ll be in Scott county for awhile…… coming up on Flathead season but not far from I80 …… I was more thinking wrestling season

El Dub I’m gonna do some traveling tjis summer…….. might surprise you 😎
Hope your drive to your daughter's went fine. My wife (no pics) and I never made it west enough into Iowa to make it to Iowa City. Instead we hugged the Mississippi River from Dubuque to Le Claire spending the night in Bellevue.

Despite the temptation from all the talk here, I thought it wiser to skip Casey's Gas Station Pizza and opt for the flattened fifth at Potter's Mill with the wife.

Overheard a conversation at Richman's Diner during breakfast. Local retirees were grilling the waitress on her dating life. Apparently, her boyfriend lives "on the other side of The Ditch." I thought it was funny that a ditch would be used as a local landmark.

At least now I know the roads I'd take to Iowa City. Speaking of the Iowa roads, the rolling farm-hilled countryside reminded me of my county in Maryland.

Hope your drive to your daughter's went fine. My wife (no pics) and I never made it west enough into Iowa to make it to Iowa City. Instead we hugged the Mississippi River from Dubuque to Le Claire spending the night in Bellevue.

Despite the temptation from all the talk here, I thought it wiser to skip Casey's Gas Station Pizza and opt for the flattened fifth at Potter's Mill with the wife.

Overheard a conversation at Richman's Diner during breakfast. Local retirees were grilling the waitress on her dating life. Apparently, her boyfriend lives "on the other side of The Ditch." I thought it was funny that a ditch would be used as a local landmark.

At least now I know the roads I'd take to Iowa City. Speaking of the Iowa roads, the rolling farm-hilled countryside reminded me of my county in Maryland.
you actually drove right by me….. my kids live 30 minutes from Le Clair and the son in law’s family has a farm by Bellevue ironically you probably drove within a half mile of their home 😂

this isn’t exactly the prettiest time of year here but certain parts of the state are beautiful….. the NE corner and the Iowa mountains and the SW part of state along the Missouri River are my favorites

In Belleview you were in my favorite county in Iowa….. Jackson county……. they do a great job of acquiring land and establishing new prairie projects….. there’s a couple prairies I love to walk my dog off leash in after nesting season

Last edited:
you actually drove right by me….. my kids live 30 minutes from Le Clair and the son in law’s family has a farm by Bellevue ironically you probably drove within a half mile of their home 😂

this isn’t exactly the prettiest time of year here but certain parts of the state are beautiful….. the NE corner and the Iowa mountains and the SW part of state along the Missouri River are my favorites

In Belleview you were in my favorite county in Iowa….. Jackson county……. they do a great job of acquiring land and establishing new prairie projects….. there’s a couple prairies I love to walk my dog off leash in after nesting season
Northeast Iowa is my home - some of the views over the Mississippi are as picturesque as anything.

That's my favorite place. It's very hard to beat. Hunting and fishing are good, too. Beer and a steak in Rossville after a day's fishing is pretty nice!
used to ride the 4 wheeler over there on gravel roads but hard to beat Porks in DeSoto on a Iowa football Saturday morning especially against Wisconsin…… get up and bowhunt early morning then hightail it to Porks for breakfast before the game……we had a lot of fun up there

any of you all remember my buddy Will Paul from DeSoto? RIP

used to ride the 4 wheeler over there on gravel roads but hard to beat Porks in DeSoto on a Iowa football Saturday morning especially against Wisconsin…… get up and bowhunt early morning then hightail it to Porks for breakfast before the game……we had a lot of fun up there

We camp at Blackhawk every year and my youngest son has played baseball against DeSoto the last couple years, followed by supper at The Great River Roadhouse. I've never been to Porks, but my parents go there on Saturdays during football season ironically enough.

• Love
Reactions: natchrlman
My mom and dad lived in Monona from about 1970 til my dad died in 2015. She was a teacher in MFL MarMac and Dad liked to play cards in Farmersburg.
MFL was in our conference and I remember the boys from MFL from the late 70's pretty well. Always had a few good athletes, especially baseball. Ever had the tenderloin at the St. Olaf Tap? Outstanding!

MFL was in our conference and I remember the boys from MFL from the late 70's pretty well. Always had a few good athletes, especially baseball. Ever had the tenderloin at the St. Olaf Tap? Outstanding!
Sure did. They had to fold it over to get it to fit in the large carry out box.. Also gave you two or three buns to make sandwiches.

when we drove to farm went through Elkader Farmerburg Monona and Rossville….. Monona was last stop for groceries on way

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
I have…..❤️❤️❤️ and the monstrous Gunder burgers at the Irish Shanty over by Elkader

when we drove to farm went through Elkader Farmerburg Monona and Rossville….. Monona was last stop for groceries on way
The highway used to go right through the town. Now there is a bi-pass that had to cut through a swamp. Funny how the area now has had at least two multi generational floods since that was done? I think the Gunder Roadhouse was closed for a while and is now under new ownership. Funny but I have never been there. Back in the day I think the Gunder Burger used to be at least a full pound.

I've had the Gunder burger as well. Most every tavern in every small town had a favorite food item.

The St. Olaf tenderloin something you need to experience my daughter and I would split one and still have leftovers 😂

and it’s not just the size….. it’s delicious as well

Now that sounds like great fun. IMHO, one of the best areas in the USA.

• Love
Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT