ADVERTISEMENT

SNL is still crushing it after all these years.

Observations:

They got a new fat lady.

Chinese guy is least funny cast member in history of show.

Overall I thought it was pretty solid - enjoyed the chocolate Santa skit, the airplane baby, the two guys "trying" to have a baby.

Thought the cold open was the weakest, they could have gone so much harder at the college prez's

Kind of a lame episode but the chocolate Santa skit was pretty damn funny
It could have been funnier, but I think they decided to go away from Heidi Gardiner taking a bite of the chocolate.
I was hoping for that, and, she could have pulled something clever off.
I thought the Facebook ad was good, too.

The pranking old people PSA had some moments.

“I BLOCKED DOORS WITH GOVERNOR WALLACE!”

That might have been their best joke swap yet.

“The woman marched with King.”
The joke swap is must-see every-time, tonight didn't disappoint...rest of the show was ehhh. Billy Eilish is awesome, but Kate McKinnon is a character actor not a host, needed Maya and Kristen to play-off of.

The joke swap is must-see every-time, tonight didn't disappoint...
Colin Jost is as good a straight-man as I’ve seen. He conveys being uncomfortable, embarrassed, and even laughs, but still gets the joke out with great timing.

Che’s a great writer, but he stepped all over the MJ the musical joke, which was excellent.

Reactions: pezhawk
Colin Jost is as good a straight-man as I’ve seen. He conveys being uncomfortable, embarrassed, and even laughs, but still gets the joke out with great timing.

Che’s a great writer, but he stepped all over the MJ the musical joke, which was excellent.
I love that in this society, that those two, trust and appreciate each other enough to keep this running, dancing on the line and delivering gold.

I love that in this society, that those two, trust and appreciate each other enough to keep this running, dancing on the line and delivering gold.
Che scolding Jost after each racist joke is always the best part. And having Jost try to get a fist bump from Hattie after “Bitches love bringin’ up old stuff” was pure genius.

Reactions: lucas80
Club Shay Shay: Extended Cut - SNL

Shannon Sharpe reacts to SNL parodying Katt Williams interview on Club Shay Shay | Nightcap

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
For fans of old school Saturday Night Live, I recommend checking out yesterday’s (Jan 21) episode of The Al Franken Podcast. His guest is James Downey and they share stories about their time together as writers at SNL, particularly the political sketches they used to write. Downey is one of the most brilliant comedy writers of all time.

For fans of old school Saturday Night Live, I recommend checking out yesterday’s (Jan 21) episode of The Al Franken Podcast. His guest is James Downey and they share stories about their time together as writers at SNL, particularly the political sketches they used to write. Downey is one of the most brilliant comedy writers of all time.
I loved Downey in Dirty Work.

His podcast with Conan, talking about writing for Weekend Update with Norm, was fantastic. He's almost unrecognizable as a frail old man with a moustache now.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
These are always good but this is probably the best of all the versions of What’s Up With That. Morgan Freeman’s facial expressions are priceless. I also wasn’t expecting Mary Kay and Villi to make an appearance.

What Up With That?: Morgan Freeman and Ernest Borgnine - SNL

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT