ADVERTISEMENT

Snyder to the NLWC

Good joke. He has no chance unless the top 4 are hurt.

hey dipshit, An Injured NATO beat Spencer Lee. Have you been keeping up with him or are you just talking out your ass with Hawk goggles on? I scouted him in Colorado at the Olympic training center a month ago. He is healthy and no joke. Go ask Gilman, Clark and Spencer if he is a joke. I am a realistic Hawk fan.....You and your asinine comment are a sad joke.

Hopefully the supplements make him taller too otherwise he is going to look like an XL Nato (think no neck).

Tomasello should go the MMA route. Could slide right in with his boxing background. Kid was tough as nails too. AND we could see him get punched in the face too
I like Nato I would root for him, but for some reason the picture of Nickal getting his face smashed up makes me chuckle. It will happen I will laugh good stuff.

hey dipshit, An Injured NATO beat Spencer Lee. Have you been keeping up with him or are you just talking out your ass with Hawk goggles on? I scouted him in Colorado at the Olympic training center a month ago. He is healthy and no joke. Go ask Gilman, Clark and Spencer if he is a joke. I am a realistic Hawk fan.....You and your asinine comment are a sad joke.
Do you remember Spencer wrestling with a giant knee brace that year. Was he 100%?

You are hilarious.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Why are you guys having a dick waving contest over who was more injured between Lee and NaTo (it was NaTo btw ;))? Both guys are hammers and it will be a good match assuming both are healthy at OTT. I predict gilman will get NaTo first though and take him out once again.

Reactions: Gray52
Why are you guys having a dick waving contest over who was more injured between Lee and NaTo (it was NaTo btw ;))? Both guys are hammers and it will be a good match assuming both are healthy at OTT. I predict gilman will get NaTo first though and take him out once again.

Dick wave??? wtf? You have a point though. I should have followed my own rule...."never wrestle with a pig...you get dirty and the pig thinks its fun."

I agree--They are all hammers. That is exactly my point . A unknown variable in the analysis is that he was injured for the last 4 years and now he is healthy. How much impact will that have? I dont know but injuries definatly hold people back. The last time he was healthy he won a national championship. Anyone with common sense would recognize that injury or lack there of should be accounted for in preparation. I think any hawk/Nato/Fix match could go either way. The top 5 guys are so close in ability that minor things have big impact. Anyone who implies that who wins is a forgone conclusion is a MORAN and I would hate to work with them.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Do you remember Spencer wrestling with a giant knee brace that year. Was he 100%?

I know and I get it...... That is actually my point. All those injuries and who is healthy has an impact on outcome. Wheter it is Nato, Spencer, Gilman McD or Kem. It doeant matter. Healthy guys wrestle better.

Why did this thread turn into a NATO appreciation thread?

I dont think anyone is saying NATO isnt a legit contender but this isnt the site where anyone is gonna smack the kids meat and high five you afterwards.

Why so sensitive about NATO...must be related?

Last edited:
Why did this thread turn into a NATO appreciation thread?

I dont think anyone is saying NATO isnt a legit contender but this isnt the site where anyone is gonna smack the kids meat and high five you afterwards.

Why so sensitive about NATO...must be related?

No not related....I am a hawk fan.....inner circle member....I donated to HWC and have lots of gear......I think our best chance is at 57kg and not taking the guy seriously is just plain stoooooopid. I was at the OTC and saw him. My observation is that he is healthy and looking good yet being dismissed as a forgone conclusion. That is a mistake for anyone at 57kg. I am CERTAIN that gilman spencer and Clark take him seriously.

I think some here are saying he isnt a contender ("hawks got his number", him winning is a "joke" he is better at folk) --Just fanboys blabber with hawk goggles on. No real analysis or discussion-- Just Ugly Cheerleaders

iu

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
Zero tp 60 in 2.2 second.

Yikes man, chill, Nato is good but you can't blame guys for being extra confident in the Iowa lightweights, even if that may be unrealistic, which after seeing SL in two NCAA championships and seeing Gilman roll from Challenge tourney nobody to World Silver, you really can't blame them.

Plus both SL and CC were injured when they wrestled Nato and SL and TG pinned him in their last meeting. But I agree with you that Nato is the real deal when healthy and he can win that spot, he should probably move to the HWC to get better training.

No not related....I am a hawk fan.....inner circle member....I donated to HWC and have lots of gear......I think our best chance is at 57kg and not taking the guy seriously is just plain stoooooopid. I was at the OTC and saw him. My observation is that he is healthy and looking good yet being dismissed as a forgone conclusion. That is a mistake for anyone at 57kg. I am CERTAIN that gilman spencer and Clark take him seriously.

I think some here are saying he isnt a contender ("hawks got his number", him winning is a "joke" he is better at folk) --Just fanboys blabber with hawk goggles on. No real analysis or discussion-- Just Ugly Cheerleaders

iu

Fair enough man and you definitely opened our eyes on him. I just think you could say the same about a Suriano or Nico or a few others too. It will be interesting. Also is Garret healthy...you can play that always been hurt card on him too.

I still think its Lee vs Fix when the dust settles but thats just me. Fix is just too disciplined and Lee is just too good in every situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: armbartilt
57 kg is loaded we all know this. In my opinion it’s a five horse race maybe six or seven. If anyone thinks it’s just Spencer Gilman or Fix they have not been paying attention. Heck even 97 kg could be a multiple horse race Who would’ve thought that two years back
Agreed for sure, I have it as; Gilman, Fix, Lee, Nashon, Nico, Nato, Colon. All with a shot.

If you’re one of the recently recruited heavyweights at tOSU, are you scratching your head and wondering what you got yourself into?

Hawks do have his number...especially Gilman. I believe Gilman beat him 4 straight to get on jr world teams. Was 2-1 against him college IIRC and has beat him post college a few times I believe. He had one win against Spencer, Clark, and Gilman. The injury thing? I don't know man. Prior to his senior year, he got hurt against Fix in freestyle. One of his first matches back, he TF'd Lizak. He beat a lot of good guys along the way plus Lee so he was at that level. Lee just went Apex Predator on the whole field his freshman year at NCAAs. Plus, Clark was down to one healthy arm and beat him in the semis. Not many gave CC a chance.

Nato is a lot like Fix. Flo loved to pick him so I think that's where some of the Hawk ire comes from. But if you asked a knowledgeable fan, they have a large amount of respect for both.

In a video that's out, Kyle said he was going to move regardless of how he did at Worlds this year. So if he beats Sadulaev, he still goes to NLWC. This tells me this is personal (the wife and $$$) more so than professional.

In a video that's out, Kyle said he was going to move regardless of how he did at Worlds this year. So if he beats Sadulaev, he still goes to NLWC. This tells me this is personal (the wife and $$$) more so than professional.

You could beat the king and still want to get better. Different coaches, different partners, different techniques will add to Snyder's repertoire.

The injury thing? I don't know man. .

He was pretty open about all his injuries. Knees shoulders hamstrings I am surprised he didn't medical redshirt. I think Tan Tom ground him up for tOSU benefit. We can be thankful for the coaches we have who truly look out for the guys.

IMO Most athletes at that level are so close in ability that I don't believe anybody in the top 5 has anybody elses number. Since you disagree would you concede that Fix has Gilman's number? That Heflin has Brooks? They have no chance right? ;) Forgone conclusion? I disagree, so does Mark Perry.

BTW, I am not smoking NATOs bone here. I simply shared my intel/observation with the ugly cheerleaders:D- here (mistake) ---- People wanna kill the messenger.---- Inner circle would have been a better place,... Live and learn

One arm CC championship win is the most amazing wrestling achievement to me... his use of a merkel at Nationals-- Absolutely stellar adaptation. Anticipate, Adapt and Overcome--Its what it takes to win

Since you disagree would you concede that Fix has Gilman's number?

No...I believe the record is even at 3-3.

When you are around 8-1 against a guy, that is pretty solid. I remember NATO’s one win and it was score early and run the rest of the match. At NCAAs, it was two pins and a decision for the Hawks. In 2017, NATO gave Gilman a helluva match at Trials but the following year Gilman housed him. In that match, NATO did not look himself. I think this is when they pulled the plug so he could recuperate.

I see alot of what I posted is being spliced together with pieces of other posts and fanboy blather and a photo of Toggs sister in a blue cheerleader outfit?

Great way to go about having a discussion. That never escalates into a pissing contest here in the cesspool.

I never knew that stating an opinion of the Hawks (collectively) having an individual's number would be so abrasive. I could give thoughts or data as to why I feel that way. Someone else could think differently and express their ideas and discussion could ensue.

I am a fan. I do like NATO better in the folk game than free and if anyone wanted to know why I think that way I'd be glad to state some observations.

IMO about 6 guys in that bracket are contenders but I'm not sure in an honest moment how many people would choose Nathan as a favorite.

Being injured for three years and now being healthy can be seen as a positive OR worrisome that running that particular bracket could be physically taxing to any one of those injuries.

Love me some Kemdawg, can't wait to see him on the mat, doesn't mean I won't be sh!t!ng a few kittens along the way.

The beauty of it is we get to see it all unfold. That is the heartbreak of it all too. Only one will represent in 2020. That is part of what I love the most about this sport.

That is about enough of a rant for now. No name calling or messenger killing tonight for me.

Reactions: armbartilt
He was pretty open about all his injuries. Knees shoulders hamstrings I am surprised he didn't medical redshirt. I think Tan Tom ground him up for tOSU benefit. We can be thankful for the coaches we have who truly look out for the guys.

Are you insinuating Tom Ryan didn't/doesn't look out for Nato or his other wrestlers? If so, I think you're dead wrong if that is your point. When Nato tore his ACL, the discussions about filing for a medical redshirt and getting a 6th year were had... but so did the discussion that sitting out the season and then getting your request denied... It was also discussed that coming back for the 2019 college season would delay going 100% freestyle all year one year out from the 2020 Trials...
I do agree with you that Tom Brands does look out for his wrestlers, but so does Ryan. Cael? my opinion on that is different for him..

Regarding Nato, yes this thread is turning into the Brody Grothus thread of Nato appreciation. With that said, it is hard to root against Nato when he isn't wrestling an Iowa guy. He is an absolutely great person and a good guy. He also works his ass off, and does all the right things. The kid was named a team captain as a redshirt freshmen on the eventual NCAA champion team. That says a lot. 57kg may be the deepest weight class at the trials. It may not have the top end talent like Burroughs/Dake or Taylor/Cox, but for those weights you have 3 guys that have a chance. 57kg has 5 or more people that are legit threats. I'm looking forward to watching it.

As far as Nato in MMA, he can actually box and is good quite good at it. I wouldn't want to fight him. I would wrestle him, but I wouldn't want to be in the octagon against him.

Last edited:
So you are saying J'Dens mom has 20 years experience as college administrator? No wonder he is so smart. I love that guy.
I ask if Coe is hiring? Pretty simple, straight forward question. You expanding it into more, or simply not comprehending the words' meaning is on you. So have at it.
Is Coe hiring? Maybe Mrs. Cox can find a job.

Are you insinuating Tom Ryan didn't/doesn't look out for Nato or his other wrestlers? If so, I think you're dead wrong if that is your point. When Nato tore his ACL, the discussions about filing for a medical redshirt and getting a 6th year were had... but so did the discussion that sitting out the season and then getting your request denied... It was also discussed that coming back for the 2019 college season would delay going 100% freestyle all year one year out from the 2020 Trials...
I do agree with you that Tom Brands does look out for his wrestlers, but so does Ryan. Cael? my opinion on that is different for him..

Regarding Nato, yes this thread is turning into the Brody Grothus thread of Nato appreciation. With that said, it is hard to root against Nato when he isn't wrestling an Iowa guy. He is an absolutely great person and a good guy. He also works is ass off, and does all the right things. The kid was named a team captain as a redshirt freshmen on the eventual NCAA champion team. That says a lot. 57kg may be the deepest weight class at the trials. It may not have the top end talent like Burroughs/Dake or Taylor/Cox, but for those weights you have 3 guys that have a chance. 57kg has 5 or more people that are legit threats. I'm looking forward to watching it.

As far as Nato in MMA, he can actually box and is good quite good at it. I wouldn't want to fight him. I would wrestle him, but I wouldn't want to be in the octagon against him.
I agree that NATO seems like a good dude. Plenty out there that don't wrestle for Iowa.

I ask if Coe is hiring? Pretty simple, straight forward question. You expanding it into more, or simply not comprehending the words' meaning is on you. So have at it.
Is Penn State hiring? I hear there is an opening at the state prison and the PSWC has extra money in the millions for anyone who can work two months a year??

Your implication of a $ inducement is obvious projection to all and illustrates your subconscious guilt that the Big10 brass had to have a meeting to condemn the P$U way of doing things in RTCs. As you are a P$U fan I am impressed that you have any guilt. I did not think you were capable of it. Bravo... there is hope for you!

Dick wave??? wtf? You have a point though. I should have followed my own rule...."never wrestle with a pig...you get dirty and the pig thinks its fun."

I agree--They are all hammers. That is exactly my point . A unknown variable in the analysis is that he was injured for the last 4 years and now he is healthy. How much impact will that have? I dont know but injuries definatly hold people back. The last time he was healthy he won a national championship. Anyone with common sense would recognize that injury or lack there of should be accounted for in preparation. I think any hawk/Nato/Fix match could go either way. The top 5 guys are so close in ability that minor things have big impact. Anyone who implies that who wins is a forgone conclusion is a MORAN and I would hate to work with them.
You do realize you just called someone a name which implies stupidity and you misspelled it.....right?

I’m down to work two months a year. Can you forward my resume along?
Sure, but you will have to bring your own duffle bag to carry your money home as we can only pay in cash. You could be in training for what we call
'A BAG MAN".:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT