ADVERTISEMENT

So, Cleveland really is lost on this Tamir Rice thing huh?

slieb85

HR Heisman
Jan 8, 2002
Chicago/NYC
How do you just use a form response when answering THIS complaint?

I wish this case got the same publicity that MB and EG got. The police screwed this whole thing up so bad, and a young child is dead because of it. Maybe some day our police will go back to serve and protect instead of intimidate and bully. Cowards.

Cleveland Police Suck

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
What type of law are you planning on practicing?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
ambulance-chaser_1407.jpg

Plus shouldn't someone who sounds like they are practicing law understand if the Cleveland PD admitted fault, they would be screwed in a lawsuit. Wouldn't it be quite dumb for them to just come out and say, "hey we f----d up"

Originally posted by ANYCHawk:

What type of law are you planning on practicing?
ec
Lol. No.

Right now I'm planning on doing a rotation in M&A, a rotation in bankruptcy and a rotation in White Collar litigation this summer. I would guess it will be something corporate but really won't know until August or so.

Originally posted by bdg8:
How are people who risk their lives each day cowards, but someone who complains about them on a public forum not?
They're cowards in the way they have abused their power. How they rolled up on a young child and shot him dead within 1.7 seconds of arriving. They never should have been anywhere near him until making contact. They were irresponsible and their terrible actions directly resulted in a child's death.

Most cops I know are needles. Some are fantastic. In general, I'm happy to have a police force. But, I'm over memorializing these guys like they're something special. A whole bunch of them are posers that think they're in desert storm.

Originally posted by bdg8:
Plus shouldn't someone who sounds like they are practicing law understand if the Cleveland PD admitted fault, they would be screwed in a lawsuit. Wouldn't it be quite dumb for them to just come out and say, "hey we f----d up"
I don't think they need to come out and say "we messed up", but the language they used in defending the suit was not appropriate in this case. Their response shouldn't include references to due care of the dead kid, nor that the kid's actions were the direct or proximate cause of his death. Hence why the mayor apologized over the language.

There's better ways to word it, which Cleveland is now doing. The fact that they didn't in the first place, shows how inept they are and how little they care about this case. That's what my OP was saying.[/QUOTE]

No the POS parents screwed this up so bad. If they didn't harbor trash, their child wouldn't be dead. End of story.

Originally posted by gonegolfing:

No the POS parents screwed this up so bad. If they didn't harbor trash, their child wouldn't be dead. End of story.
Calling a dead 12-year old trash? You're quite a little dick piece of shit yourself eh?

Hey guys..... We're all friends here. It's wrong to call a 12 year old trash. The parents really should have spoken with their son about guns, even play guns in public.

My dad used to tell us about this when we were growing up.

Hey guys..... We're all friends here. It's wrong to call a 12 year old trash. The parents really should have spoken with their son about guns, even play guns in public.

Agreed that the parents (and all parents) need to talk to kids about play guns.

The reason for that is because otherwise a cop may pull right up next to you and shoot you in 1.7 seconds.

My parents never told me about it, nor would they have to. No cop is pulling up on me and shooting me in 1.7 seconds.

The cops were crazy out of line in this case. No reason to pull that close.

Originally posted by slieb85:

The reason for that is because otherwise a cop may pull right up next to you and shoot you in 1.7 seconds.

My parents never told me about it, nor would they have to. No cop is pulling up on me and shooting me in 1.7 seconds.

The cops were crazy out of line in this case. No reason to pull that close. 

Well my dad was a cop, so we got told about 1001 things that will kill you. Everything from play guns in the neighborhood to rip tides when at the beach.

Originally posted by slieb85:

The cops were crazy out of line in this case. No reason to pull that close.Â

Well my dad was a cop, so we got told about 1001 things that will kill you. Everything from play guns in the neighborhood to rip tides when at the beach.
Ha, yeah, I can imagine the things you were taught then.

In all seriousness, laying this at the feet of a 12-year old is disgusting. Tamir didn't deserve to die. His parents didn't cause his death. I'm not even sure if I'd go in the direction of this being a race/police thing. I just think that we've militarized our police forces and created this monster. Police weren't meant to be like this.

If there is any reason to be a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment, it's to push back on militarized police forces.

So bdg8, instead of doing the right thing, as usual when the cops f up they go and say they are still investigating. Everyone and their mother knows the cops absolutely overreacted in this case. When they announce the cops are "innocent" then we will once again have riots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT