ADVERTISEMENT

So how much laughter does this evoke from Congress?

Current voter trends? Thomas was placed on the Supreme Court 33 years ago. Since that time the GOP has won the most votes in the a presidential election…once. Yet six of the current justices were nominated by Republican voters.

Most votes in the presidential election is not the goal for winning the executive branch,... But you know that.

Because these congressional authorities don't currently exist,.. In regards to SCOTUS term limits I think Congress could better sell this idea if they were to first impose it upon themselves...
WTF are you talking about? The authority IS Congress. It's a matter of determining ethics standards a term limit and then enforcing those.

This is about what makes sense, not what can be sold.

WTF are you talking about? The authority IS Congress. It's a matter of determining ethics standards a term limit and then enforcing those.

This is about what makes sense, not what can be sold.

Pass them and then they will exist,.. Until then, nothing.

Representatives have to run for reelection every two years. And are elected directly by the people who represent them. Supreme Court justices are neither elected nor face any regular renewal. The two bear no resemblance to each other and there is no reason to connect the two.
This.

Who is debating that? The discussion is about supporting term limits and ethics code for the SC.

I've already indicated my positions,.. I'm not in favor of SCOTUS term limits unless congress is willing to self impose the same, and any SCOTUS ethics code should be SCOTUS implemented and controlled...

I've already indicated my positions,.. I'm not in favor of SCOTUS term limits unless congress is willing to self impose the same, and any SCOTUS ethics code should be SCOTUS implemented and controlled...
Except you went on to post the nonsense about Congress. As is often the case, you should have stated your opinion and then STFU to avoid looking foolish.

Except you went on to post the nonsense about Congress. As is often the case, you should have stated your opinion and then STFU to avoid looking foolish.

Zero nonsense posted about Congress,.. and I don't STFU for anyone, least of all you.

Zero nonsense posted about Congress,.. and I don't STFU for anyone, least of all you.
Your statement that the court has "been assembled without any special congressional manipulations" is complete nonsense. Seemed you understood that - I should have known better.

You shutting up is for your benefit, not mine. I find your foolishness amusing.

Your statement that the court has "been assembled without any special congressional manipulations" is complete nonsense. Seemed you understood that - I should have known better.

Glad you're amused,.. However, It's truly unfortunate that you've never developed the ability to allow alternate trains of thought to coexist in your rigidly defined world,... This is a supposed to be a place for sharing conversation, not insult.

Reactions: 3ZSDAD
Glad you're amused,.. However, It's truly unfortunate that you've never developed the ability to allow alternate trains of thought to coexist in your rigidly defined world,... This is a supposed to be a place for sharing conversation, not insult.
There is plenty of capacity for other thoughts and opinions. I have no capcity for the bullshit you and others try to pass off as fact on here.

You were wrong. Take the L and bow out or dig some more. I'm content either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT