ADVERTISEMENT

So I am supposed to eat crow because…

Kaleb Johnson got loose in the second half against a team who lost to a team that gave up 70 points to JMU?

Lol. Okay.

We’ll see how much longer some of you idiots petrified of change will keep crowing. 🙄
I thought you Viking warlords always ate crow!!!! Is that not the case? Maybe you like to eat gopher, badger, wildcats, wolverines, you see what I am doing dont you. Eat buckeyes do you, lions, turtles

Yeah, I am frustrated with the same old crap.

I don’t expect them to win every game, I just want them to be fun to watch again. I’m tired of being bored to death.

You’re right about the QB, but that’s an ongoing problem. Kirk has done that a few times before to end a half.
Do you own a remote? You know you can change the channel and watch any game in the country and not be as bored.

I don’t expect them to win every game, I just want them to be fun to watch again. I’m tired of being bored to death.

You’re right about the QB, but that’s an ongoing problem. Kirk has done that a few times before to end a half.
I thought the second half was entertaining. Plays we haven't seen before. Rusher doing crazy things. Great defense.

I thought the second half was entertaining. Plays we haven't seen before. Rusher doing crazy things. Great defense.
Yep. To me, some of the most entertaining Iowa games are those where Iowa says "we are going to run the ball and there is nothing you can do about it"

Admittedly, it's been a while...

Reactions: Gus is dead
Hey OP, maybe change your name to -
On the RAGnarLothbrok!

i'm out george costanza GIF by simongibson2000

Kaleb Johnson got loose in the second half against a team who lost to a team that gave up 70 points to JMU?

Lol. Okay.

We’ll see how much longer some of you idiots petrified of change will keep crowing. 🙄
Curt Cignetti the current Indiana coach was coach at James Madison for 4 or 5 years until he left after last season to go to the hoosiers and he had JM humming. I bet James Madison has a bunch of great players with a chip on their shoulders and they will be a tough opponent.

I thought the second half was fun to watch. Catch a replay and see what you think.

Cade made passes outside the pocket. He’s short so you have to create throwing lanes for him. Leads to a lot of batted balls. I took Kirk’s comment about finding a throwing game to be Mac is on notice. It seems he’s there for between the 10s but Sullivan is now short yardage and goaline. We need to fully get our TEs in the next game.
So he's too short, he doesn't have a good arm and he's not mobile. Sounds like a great choice for your starting QB.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Curt Cignetti the current Indiana coach was coach at James Madison for 4 or 5 years until he left after last season to go to the hoosiers and he had JM humming. I bet James Madison has a bunch of great players with a chip on their shoulders and they will be a tough opponent.
OT- JMU was 10-0 last year, their first in FBS, and had to get an invite to be able to play a bowl game. They lost of course, but the fact that they are 3-0 this season and piss pounded UNC says much about the state of their program.

Reactions: nelly02
There are a handful of very vocal very negative and very mean spirited posters who have decided to take what used to be a fun and entertaining Iowa Hawkeye talk forum and turn it into their own trash all things Hawkeyes site and make it unbearable. Trust me when I say no matter what changes are made to the team or coaching it will never be enough. The bitching and complaining coming from them will never end. ragnar is but one of them but I think most of us know who I'm talking about. These people are spoiled brats and who will, like ragnar, screech anti Hawkeye one day and then come crawling back the next.
These idiots think unless Iowa football is undefeated everybody should be fired and the whole thing burned down. They're not unlike a cancer attacking a body.

Last edited:
There are a handful of very vocal very negative and very mean spirited posters who have decided to take what used to be a fun and entertaining Iowa Hawkeye talk forum and turn it into their own trash all things Hawkeyes site and make it unbearable. Trust me when I say no matter what changes are made to the team or coaching it will never be enough. The bitching and complaining coming from them will never end. ragnar is but one of them but I think most of us know who I'm talking about. These people are spoiled brats and who will, like ragnar, screech anti Hawkeye one day and then come crawling back the next.
These idiots think unless Iowa football is undefeated everybody should be fired and the whole thing burned down. They're not unlike a cancer attacking a body.
Just cut and paste most characters from the off topic board to here and they are one and the same. Interesting they all present themselves as smarter than anyone else and spend hours everyday on these boards.

Lol. Okay.

I thought you were out until Kirk was gone or the season was over? Deep down, I knew that was BS.

Kirk is who he is.

To for me exciting football is running it up and down the field on people and playing great defense. I don't need to see 50 passes a game. With that said, for Iowa football to take a small step forward, they will need to put some focus on revamping the passing game to some degree.

I thought you were out until Kirk was gone or the season was over? Deep down, I knew that was BS.
I stopped watching after the first half.

I can read online content. I don’t know why that’s difficult for some of you to grasp.

I chat on the OT board now, but will respond occasionally to people here. I had no idea my thread would generate this much pearl clutching.

Hope you are still enjoying your retirement and bourbon. Cheers.

These idiots think unless Iowa football is undefeated everybody should be fired and the whole thing burned down. They're not unlike a cancer attacking
It's like that on all boards. I'm a PSU fan and grad and my interest in the games has decreased but I watch and enjoy them. I still check out some podcasts and make it fun.

PSU had some great years while I was growing up, in 1968 I was 5 and they were undefeated that year and 1969. they had some great years until 1994 and always were in the NC hunt, or maybe a year or two off. It hasn't been that way for over 20 some years. They might be pretty decent this year, but who knows? I try to have fun with it and not get too excited by losses or what I consider poor performances.

I'm old enough to remember that old intro to Wide World Of Sports, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. we can't all win all the time, so try to have fun with the games. Also, to me it seems the more emotional fans seem also to enjoy a little betting. I think that can cloud your judgment.

Reactions: AEG82 and yrunvs
Not exactly, but we'll "trust you". ;)

Reactions: AEG82 and littlez
I stopped watching after the first half.

I can read online content. I don’t know why that’s difficult for some of you to grasp.

I chat on the OT board now, but will respond occasionally to people here. I had no idea my thread would generate this much pearl clutching.

Hope you are still enjoying your retirement and bourbon. Cheers.
I suggest you head back to the OT board because your intelligence level is clearly suited for it.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

Well, Indiana got 9 transfers from JMU (they followed their coach). :)

Cade made passes outside the pocket. He’s short so you have to create throwing lanes for him. Leads to a lot of batted balls. I took Kirk’s comment about finding a throwing game to be Mac is on notice. It seems he’s there for between the 10s but Sullivan is now short yardage and goaline. We need to fully get our TEs in the next game.
THe last 6 minutes of the Minny game should have been Sully's to come in and see what he can do with the 1s vs a conference team. if he can get to over 60% completion for the game, I would sit Cade vs OSU.

I think that the problem is using any 21 seconds from a game, in isolation, in order to determine whether or not change has occurred. Or using a single blown assignment to determine whether an offensive lineman is any good or not. There are fair critiques to be made regarding the 2024 offense. But they generally cannot be gleaned from a single play or a single series.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT