ADVERTISEMENT

So many hawkeyes cut today

May 31, 2009
Sorry to put a bad thread up, however today is also final cut day in the NFL. Here are the guys I have seen cut so far:
LB James Morris
OL Julian Vandervelde
CB Shaun Prater
QB Ricky Stanzi
OL Adam Gettis
S Johnny Lowdermilk

There are others I am sure but this is just who I saw so far today. I have to believe that at this point Stanzi is done, he doesn't have practice squad options due to years in service I belive. I have to think a guy like Vandervelde will get another shot.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
link for quick info on this topic?

Sorry, that was actually me with an old name. For a while I was using the name Dana Disciple on the Creighton boards. Anyway, I was using CBS Sportsline, they are updating their information as it comes out, almost every few minutes.

surprised about Morris, he and Lowdy could end up on P-Squad. Stanzi could ride the pine for someone, be patient. Gettis and JVelde may land elsewhere.

LTP was cut by the Rams. He played very well this preseason and was unlucky to end up in the Rams camp. -- one thing the Rams have is a great D-line. Wouldn't be surprised to see LTP on the Rams practice squad or sign with another team.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
I'm a bit surprised at Morris. Seemed like he had a very good camp. He'll land somewhere. As will Prater.

LTP was cut by the Rams. He played very well this preseason and was unlucky to end up in the Rams camp. -- one thing the Rams have is a great D-line. Wouldn't be surprised to see LTP on the Rams practice squad or sign with another team.

LTP was an undrafted free agent. He technically chose to sign with STL. It was unwise to sign there, unless they are the only ones who gave him a shot.

LTP was an undrafted free agent. He technically chose to sign with STL. It was unwise to sign there, unless they are the only ones who gave him a shot.

I can't believe only 1 team would give him a shot but who knows? Maybe he received a reasonable camp or signing bonus as an UFA? Tough unit to break into. ESPN - Grantland stats people had them as the best d-line in football last year, which is overrated imo, but goes to show how good they are. Pro Football Focus expects something similar the year.

Tony Moeaki was cut by the Falcons. He didn't play in the final preseason game because he was nursing an ankle injury... big surprise! I have a feeling this had more to do with his inability to stay healthy more than anything. All preseason he was reported as the number 2 TE. Hopefully he'll be on the practice squad, but they may have just finally realized he's just not going to stay health. Too bad, I think he definitely has the talent.

I might view it as though he was being tutored by a top notch NFL d-line coach and d-line teammates. Probably was able to ask unlimited questions about technique and situations. Unfortunately in the end, he was the odd man out.

Prater is solid but the Vikings really beefed up their secondary adding Newman and drafting Waynes. Some thought he'd still land a spot because he can play safety but it came down to numbers. He'll get picked up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT