ADVERTISEMENT

So Nebraska is already good

I understand you said as of today but I’d still bet we finish ahead of Nebraska by season’s end.
I would move Nebby down to tier 3, and IU might make it up to tier 2. Iowa's interior defense is so bad, that they have to be clicking on offense to have a chance to win against the better teams, so I would keep them at tier 3. Hard for me to believe the Goofers are not a bottom tier team, but the Iowa game will be the first I have watched them.

I would move Nebby down to tier 3, and IU might make it up to tier 2. Iowa's interior defense is so bad, that they have to be clicking on offense to have a chance to win against the better teams, so I would keep them at tier 3. Hard for me to believe the Goofers are not a bottom tier team, but the Iowa game will be the first I have watched them.
We’re a really good offensive team. Best in the conference. Unfortunately we’re also the worst defensive team. Besides maybe Nebraska who looks to have even worse interior defense than us. We’re going to be tough to beat at home moving forward. Just need to play a little defense.

I hope you are right, but I don't see us as a favorite at home against Purdon't, OSU, Wisky, or Illannoy. Freeman is a decent interior defender, if he remembers to maintain position, but Krikke and Patrick are about as bad as it gets. I was hoping Dembele would come on, but he is playing so little that he looks a little lost. The guards are not bad defenders, but teams are recognizing that when Iowa is playing man to man, you can take Krikke, Patrick, or even Payton to the hole and there will be very little resistance.

If the Hawkeyes aren't hitting on all cylinders offensively again the four teams I mentioned, Iowa is not likely to win.

I hope you are right, but I don't see us as a favorite at home against Purdon't, OSU, Wisky, or Illannoy. Freeman is a decent interior defender, if he remembers to maintain position, but Krikke and Patrick are about as bad as it gets. I was hoping Dembele would come on, but he is playing so little that he looks a little lost. The guards are not bad defenders, but teams are recognizing that when Iowa is playing man to man, you can take Krikke, Patrick, or even Payton to the hole and there will be very little resistance.

If the Hawkeyes aren't hitting on all cylinders offensively again the four teams I mentioned, Iowa is not likely to win.
Ohio State has done nothing to be included in this conversation.

Reactions: littlez
Already? Coach has been there a while
He was 9-50 in the conference in his 1st 3 years. Not a typo. 9-50. I don’t even know what to say about how bad that is. He might go 8-12, 9-11 this year. People bitching about Fran and praising Hoiberg? Fran I believe had us in the tournament in his 3rd year after the shitshow Lick left him. Wake me up when he makes the tournament.

He was 9-50 in the conference in his 1st 3 years. Not a typo. 9-50. I don’t even know what to say about how bad that is. He might go 8-12, 9-11 this year. People bitching about Fran and praising Hoiberg? Fran I believe had us in the tournament in his 3rd year after the shitshow Lick left him. Wake me up when he makes the tournament.
In all fairness, the football team won a similar percentage of their games during that same time frame.

Lincoln Nebraska, where coaching careers go to die.

Huskers reliance on 3 pt shooting has bit them on the road the past week....RU was pathetic from the ft line but overcame it with 26 offensive rebounds.
Huskers have a shot at dancing this year like about 10 other mid-pack BIG teams....only about 5-6 will make the cut.

Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT