ADVERTISEMENT

So we have to scrap together enough offense....

I think this group would be better off not bowling this year.
That is never true. That extra practice is extremely valuable for the younger players. We know damn well the only way this program is going anywhere is if we improve the talent and depth since we won't be outcoaching many teams in the near future.

That is never true. That extra practice is extremely valuable for the younger players. We know damn well the only way this program is going anywhere is if we improve the talent and depth since we won't be outcoaching many teams in the near future.
Agree.
As little interest I might have in whatever crap bowl they end up with, it's the additional practice time that's important.
Want to have hope for improvement next year.

I see Illinois getting way up for that game seeing a potential W.
Part of me wants them to not make a bowl, but then again it still wouldn't bring about any change and those practices.....

You guys are just trained to think and say that.

In many cases with a disappointing season, the players shut down.

In those case, it's just time for a break and time to hit the reset button.

The extra practice couldn't help this Hawkeye team beat a FCS team or even sustain back to back success. I see your point.

Winning enough games to go to a garbage bowl game lures most fans into the false sense that this staff is doing a good job.

Frenetic needs to have some pressure put on him to evolve with the rest of the world. They need to be doing more to recruit, innovate and create a program that better athletes want to come play for.

I don't think anyone expects to be Alabama or OSU. But theres not reason we couldn't be as good as Wisconsin. They have similar population base, focus on running the football and seem to be able to get athletes to play there. Plus occasionally they are good enough to compete with the best.

Not that you don't have a point, Northern.
Some players might just want it to be over, but many of the younger guys probably benefit from that extra practice time.
And, although we know the lower tier bowls aren't worth much, it is still expected that "better" teams go to a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT