ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, we are "little brother" to Iowa st. in basketball. We have descended to the bowels of futility.

I've brought this up before but nobody took the bait.

Tell me who in the conference we're struggling to recruit against and I'll show you our record against them in recent years.

We're not losing just because we can't compete with teams in recruiting like in football............

And yet....ISU doesn't seem to have a problem recruiting.

Right now? This was ISU a few years ago: 12-22, 2019-2020 & 2-22 in 2020-2021…

Everyone likes to grab a tiny snap shot in time to make their point. Sigh….

But. But, but if I look at the big picture I’ll realize it’s not that bad…could be better, yes…

Should be better, most likely…

But I know I don’t feel like anyone’s big or little brother. If anyone in here does, I’d say they should step away from sports for awhile…🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
And yet....ISU doesn't seem to have a problem recruiting.
Great title by the way! Are you willing to step in to become Iowa's sugar daddy? Iowa St has one, Iowa does not. Fran is ham strung with no money to lure 1 and done players.
Fran has done ok with what he's strapped with, just not good enough for fans like you. I'm going to see how this years freshmen class along side the sophomores turn out in the next couple years before I'm ready to jettison Fran. That's the only reason I'm keeping him around as if I have any say in it. LOL

Right now? This was IDU a few years ago: 12-22, 2019-2020 & 2-22 in 2020-2021…

But. But, but if I look at the big picture I’ll realize it’s not that bad…could be better, yes…

But I know I don’t feel like anyone’s big or little brother. If anyone in here does, I’d say they should step away from sports for awhile…🤷‍♂️
How about the full 14 years of Fran? ISU had some bad years under Prohm, and guess what, we fired him. But overall, we have had some exciting years as well. At ISU, Fran would have been fired years ago. But for some strange reason, Iowa and the fans seem to think that they could end up worse if they fire Fran. Sometimes you just have to go for it in coaching hires, you have to take a chance. Frans buyout is huge, but can you afford to NOT fire him? Do any of you believe he is going to go to the Dance most every year, and get to the sweet 16 some of those years? I really doubt any of you does. Which is why the students don't show up, which is why CHA 1/3 to half empty for most games. When is the last time Iowa sold out the arena in season tickets? Iowa could do so much better. Lute and TD were far better. That arena was packed. Fran, not so much. You're selling yourselves short.

Right now? This was IDU a few years ago: 12-22, 2019-2020 & 2-22 in 2020-2021…

Yeah you’re kind of making the point that it’s easier than ever to turn a program around in the matter of 1-2years with the way college athletics are right now. ISU has had much more success than us during the time Frans been at iowa, sure their lows have been lower but their hi’s have been higher too. The “snapshot” is bigger than you’re making it out to be

Reactions: vamchawk and D-Ram
No, but I didn't see anybody here saying that.

By proxy….it’s all relative brother. The fact is they WERE better than us AND those teams. I would never make an ignorant comment like that. I know it would make me look stupid….

How about the full 14 years of Fran? ISU had some bad years under Prohm, and guess what, we fired him. But overall, we have had some exciting years as well. At ISU, Fran would have been fired years ago. But for some strange reason, Iowa and the fans seem to think that they could end up worse if they fire Fran. Sometimes you just have to go for it in coaching hires, you have to take a chance. Frans buyout is huge, but can you afford to NOT fire him? Do any of you believe he is going to go to the Dance most every year, and get to the sweet 16 some of those years? I really doubt any of you does. Which is why the students don't show up, which is why CHA 1/3 to half empty for most games. When is the last time Iowa sold out the arena in season tickets? Iowa could do so much better. Lute and TD were far better. That arena was packed. Fran, not so much. You're selling yourselves short.
God Forbid I would ever agree with a Clone fan......but.......sigh....He's not wrong
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

lol… and here we have another fan who doesn’t know his teams own history or nationally…

13-18, 23-12, (5th in conference) 12-20 & 2-22…last 4 years. Most ALL coaches would have been fired for that. I’d say nice try but it wasn’t. It was in fact, a miserable try, erroneous on every effort.

You’re honestly gonna compare that to Fran McCaffrey who for the first time in several years just missed the tournament… And you even got a couple of our dopes to like your message…

I’m gonna say this loud for the cheap sheets I don’t give a shit if they fire McCaffrey I’m to the point I don’t even care if Kirk Ferentz goes, but I am tired of ignorant, short, sighted biased fans, refusing to look right, and left and realize things….

Hell apparently you’re unaware I actually like Iowa State quite a bit. In fact I went to Iowa State for a semester. My uncle graduated from there. I’ve been to the regionals here in Chicago to watch them play but you’re not gonna sell me your bowl full of bullshit. Yes, you guys have been better, but you don’t have the ****ing market cornered ….

Get out of here with fire, Fran after he went to an NCAA tournament and comparing that to two and 22…hardly anyone died that.

And don’t act like you’re some different fanbase. I’ve read your boards on again off again for 20 years different teams same entire bullshit….

Y’all think you deserve more….

• Haha
Reactions: Ycusi and iahawks10
Yeah you’re kind of making the point that it’s easier than ever to turn a program around in the matter of 1-2years with the way college athletics are right now. ISU has had much more success than us during the time Frans been at iowa, sure their lows have been lower but their hi’s have been higher too. The “snapshot” is bigger than you’re making it out to be

One thing is generally true in life you get what you deserve….

Like I said, if they fall off the edge of the map, it’s really not that big a deal to me. I got tired of Iowa and their fans when they ran Tom off….

That was 25 years ago….funny really. He didn’t run enough.

Whether Iowa fans like it or not TJ is a good coach, and he gets the most out of his players. McCaffery coached Iowa will not beat ISU, but JMO.

He’s a terrific coach, but you know who can beat Iowa State… 18 and 13, Virginia Tech & Texas A&M

• Haha
Reactions: mvhomerl
Great title by the way! Are you willing to step in to become Iowa's sugar daddy? Iowa St has one, Iowa does not. Fran is ham strung with no money to lure 1 and done players.
Fran has done ok with what he's strapped with, just not good enough for fans like you. I'm going to see how this years freshmen class along side the sophomores turn out in the next couple years before I'm ready to jettison Fran. That's the only reason I'm keeping him around as if I have any say in it. LOL

Whose Iowa States sugar daddy

lol… and here we have another fan who doesn’t know his teams own history or nationally…

13-18, 23-12, (5th in conference) 12-20 & 2-22…last 4 years. Most ALL coaches would have been fired for that. I’d say nice try but it wasn’t. It was in fact, a miserable try, erroneous on every effort.

You’re honestly gonna compare that to Fran McCaffrey who for the first time in several years just missed the tournament… And you even got a couple of our dopes to like your message…

I’m gonna say this loud for the cheap sheets I don’t give a shit if they fire McCaffrey I’m to the point I don’t even care if Kirk Ferentz goes, but I am tired of ignorant, short, sighted biased fans, refusing to look right, and left and realize things….

Hell apparently you’re unaware I actually like Iowa State quite a bit. In fact I went to Iowa State for a semester. My uncle graduated from there. I’ve been to the regionals here in Chicago to watch them play but you’re not gonna sell me your bowl full of bullshit. Yes, you guys have been better, but you don’t have the ****ing market cornered ….

Get out of here with fire, Fran after he went to an NCAA tournament and comparing that to two and 22…hardly anyone died that.

And don’t act like you’re some different fanbase. I’ve read your boards on again off again for 20 years different teams same entire bullshit….

I like chicken, and taco pizza. Pretty full of yourself today, and it's early

While I agree with some of this, you can't get past the fact that Fran flames out in the tourney.
We haven't sniffed the second weekend in 25!!!! years. That's the very definition of futility and a ridiculous stat.

Calm down. You are listing two years of Prohm and two years of building years by TJ. One of them was fired.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
We definitely are in basketball. Just like Iowa State is little brother to us in football.
Not sure you get the concept of "little brother". This is like clones saying "It's a cyclone state" when they win the football game. It's never been and never will be. ISU has a better men's basketball team right now, but it's a bit bigger than that.

Last edited:
Has Fran gone 2-22 or even approached that?

Not sure you get the concept of "little brother". This is like clones saying "It's a cyclone state" when they win the football game. It's never been and never will be. ISU has a better men's basketball team right now, but it's a bit bigger than that.
Iowa State has much more sustained success over Iowa in basketball by pretty much any measure (conference finish, conference tourney titles, NCAA tourney success) the past two decades.

Reactions: D-Ram
Iowa State has much more sustained success over Iowa in basketball by pretty much any measure (conference finish, conference tourney titles, NCAA tourney success) the past two decades.
Yes and they're still bitch ass punks from cow college that play loose with the rules. Despite all their achievements they still can't seem to do better than .500 against Iowa's program.

• Haha
Reactions: Ycusi and 83Hawk
Right now? This was ISU a few years ago: 12-22, 2019-2020 & 2-22 in 2020-2021…

I'd gladly ride that roller coaster.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
We definitely are in basketball. Just like Iowa State is little brother to us in football.

Having a worse team in a sport does not make one “little brother.”

Little brother would be insisting that your team is NOT worse and getting your panties in a wad when people don’t agree, using false arguments to make your point, and insisting any apparent inferiority is due to unfair circumstance.

Iowa is actually better than ISU in men’s BB in head to head, tournament appearances, advancing to each round in the tournament. It may not seem like it, but this includes fairly recent history. They are a very good team and clearly better than Iowa right now, to be sure. 🤷‍♀️

Having a worse team in a sport does not make one “little brother.”

Little brother would be insisting that your team is NOT worse and getting your panties in a wad when people don’t agree, using false arguments to make your point, and insisting any apparent inferiority is due to unfair circumstance.

Iowa is actually better than ISU in men’s BB in head to head, tournament appearances, advancing to each round in the tournament. It may not seem like it, but this includes fairly recent history. They are a very good team and clearly better than Iowa right now, to be sure. 🤷‍♀️
Iowa State basketball has been better in every category that matters this century. If we want to be Nebraska football and talk about the good old days before the turn of the century, well have at it.

How about, tOSU, Indiana, Michigan St, Michigan, should they be better than any of those?
2 of those schools fired their coach, and a 3rd could be coming soon. Izzo is a HOF coach who has accomplished more than Fran can even comprehend. He can afford a down year, but will still be in the Dance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT