ADVERTISEMENT

So, what do you think the hold up is with the Bergdahl Report?

YellowSnow51

HR King
Aug 14, 2002
Gee...I'm guessing it doesn't make the trade look like a smart one. But you never know. What Friday night do you think this will be released on?

Hell...this is from February 4th when they were saying it was way overdue. Worst.Administration.Ever

On June 30, 2009, in Mest Malak, Afghanistan,Bowe Bergdahl left his unit and deserted the U.S. Army. We know he deserted because we were there when he did it.
We are confident that the overdue report from political and military leaders on Bergdahl's actions, sitting on a general's desk since October, comes to the same conclusion. It has to because the facts are clear.
Whatever the reason is for the late report and confused reporting about whether Bergdahl is set to be charged with desertion, justice is being denied to those of us who were abandoned by a fellow soldier.
The White House due process and legal justice. It is troubling to us that President Obama and his political team are silencing this needed public debate by not making the release of this report a priority.

Bergdahl Report Held Hostage

Barry doesn't want to be the GM who is exposed for trading Murders Row for some clumsy aged backup corner outfielder in the minors.

There has to be more than just desertion. I am thinking willful collaboration as well.

The Army is being influenced by politics.

While in an active combat theater, the CIC exchanged five enemy leaders for a collaborator and spiked the ball in the Rose Garden.

None of that would be a positive for troop morale, let alone a favorable mark on the Administration's competency.

Every thing being done is to protect Barry. Nothing ore, nothing less. Now we are on to other scandals(in the scandal a day democrats) and that report is forgotten

Originally posted by hawk_a_holic:

Barry doesn't want to be the GM who is exposed for trading Murders Row for some clumsy aged backup corner outfielder in the minors.
Unfortunately this is a pretty good comparison. I'm thinking the "honorable service" comments made by the administration are probably going to end up looking silly

Re: So, what do you think the hold up is with the Bergdahl Report?
swagsurfer02 posted on 3/12/2015...

The media is going to turn on him soon, they won't have a choice as he's mucked some stuff up lately.

I doubt the MSM will ever turn on him. He fits their world view regardless of his blundering actions and scandals.

Originally posted by YellowSnow51:
Gee...I'm guessing it doesn't make the trade look like a smart one. But you never know. What Friday night do you think this will be released on?

Hell...this is from February 4th when they were saying it was way overdue. Worst.Administration.Ever

On June 30, 2009, in Mest Malak, Afghanistan,Bowe Bergdahl left his unit and deserted the U.S. Army. We know he deserted because we were there when he did it.

We are confident that the overdue report from political and military leaders on Bergdahl's actions, sitting on a general's desk since October, comes to the same conclusion. It has to because the facts are clear.

Whatever the reason is for the late report and confused reporting about whether Bergdahl is set to be charged with desertion, justice is being denied to those of us who were abandoned by a fellow soldier.

The White House due process and legal justice. It is troubling to us that President Obama and his political team are silencing this needed public debate by not making the release of this report a priority.

Any person being held in Gitmo who has not been charged or been found guilty needs to be released. This young soldier joined the military with the best of intentions. He is a peon who got caught up in todays politics. 50000 soldiers deserted in WWII. I doubt anyone could name one of them. This soldier has been smeared, his family has been smeared. His community has been smeared. This is not holy war, this is a political war and that's why I hate it so much.

I am probably one of the few who believe we have a responsibility towards all those who sigh up to serve and that includes this young soldier. But the Army is the Army and they will handle this the way they want. Either way I has said someone is going to be unhappy. But I pretty sure this soldier is screwed. I recall President Nixon pardoned Lt. Calley. I do not think President Obama will pardon this soldier. He is nothing more than a pawn in todays politics. Only the adults in the Army can show mercy. I am thinking they will, but the Army is the Army. So who knows.

This post was edited on 3/25 1:26 PM by wildcatdad

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Any person being held in Gitmo who has not been charged or been found guilty needs to be released. This young soldier joined the military with the best of intentions. He is a peon who got caught up in todays politics. 50000 soldiers deserted in WWII. I doubt anyone could name one of them. This soldier has been smeared, his family has been smeared. His community has been smeared. This is not holy war, this is a political war and that's why I hate it so much.

This post was edited on 3/25 1:14 PM by wildcatdad
This young man today was formally charged with desertion and misbehavior in the face of the enemy.

50000 soldiers deserted in WWII. I doubt anyone could name one of them.
Eddie Slovik. How's that?

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

You watch TCM or you would not have known.

50,000 didn't desert to find comfort with the Germans, or the Japanese.

They sure as hell didn't "misbehave"(collaborate) with them.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

You watch TCM or you would not have known.
I do not watch TCM. I do read history books. Also, there was a movie about him a long time ago with Martin Sheen in the title role.

The administration was waiting for a big story to distract from this announcement. Good thing for them a German airliner mysteriously went down to give them some cover.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians. They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals. They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war. They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it. Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him. He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.

Originally posted by NoleandDawg:
The administration was waiting for a big story to distract from this announcement. Good thing for them a German airliner mysteriously went down to give them some cover.
That is some right fine Obama Derangement Syndrome right there.

Many of them were far worse.  They murdered,  raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.   They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.   They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.   They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.   Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.   He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him. 

Had they killed him after he deserted, nah I'd be cool with no metal being awarded. Congrats on backing a coward and traitor even after the facts have come out tho...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:

Originally posted by NoleandDawg:
That is some right fine Obama Derangement Syndrome right there.

He stepped over the wire that was wrong. But once the politicos have taken over he has become nothing more than a pawn. He deserved what the Army gives him, he does not deserve the nasty public outrage unrelated to his behavior and speculation that he joined the enemy. I don't that will be part of the charges or discipline. And he had nothing to do with the release of any enemy combatants. He is a volunteer. I suggest young people put more thought into joining the service. Its a hard tough life and bad things can happen and most American have no idea of the sacrifices families and soldiers make.

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.Â

Had they killed him after he deserted, nah I'd be cool with no metal being awarded. Congrats on backing a coward and traitor even after the facts have come out tho...

No problem.

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.

Many of them were far worse.  They murdered,  raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.   They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.   They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.   They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.   Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.   He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him. 

No problem. 

I don't need your brand of "honor"

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂ

No problem.Â

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.Â

I know.

No problem. 

I know. 

I have testicles, you....... Well you have posting privileges in that asylum society deemed is necessary.

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂÂ

No problem.ÂÂ

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.ÂÂ

I know.Â

I have testicles, you....... Well you have posting privileges in that asylum society deemed is necessary.

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army.

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look. You have no Honor.

No problem. 

I know. 

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.   You have no Honor. 

Somehow I don't believe you served, and on the chance I'm wrong I'm guessing you were in the jungle and were exposed to agent orange, as there is no way your brain wasn't addled in some sort of way.

Originally posted by Hawk in SEC Country:
His lawyer came out today or in recent days and says he is facing desertion charges.

I think that is likely accurate and certainly provable. What he did was wrong, the only question is where the Army wants to go with this. I am thinking a pea bargain and less than honorable discharge. Lt. Calley served 2 months for killing 240 men women and children. Just for some historical perspective.

Should be facing firing squad.

Thats how it was formerly handled up into WWII.
Beheading without a trial is more your style.

Should be facing firing squad.

Thats how it was formerly handled up into WWII.
Beheading without a trial is more your style.
You really need to get your prescriptions refilled. It' keeps the voices at bay.

See you really can show empathy and not have to talk violence all the time. Keep up the good work.

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂÂÂ

No problem.ÂÂÂ

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.ÂÂÂ

I know.ÂÂ

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army.Â

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.  You have no Honor.Â

Somehow I don't believe you served, and on the chance I'm wrong I'm guessing you were in the jungle and were exposed to agent orange, as there is no way your brain wasn't addled in some sort of way.

I wish you had conducted my mental assessment in 1967.

I love the faux rage. He's been charged. Quietly showing the door would have been a scandal.
My feelings on the exchange haven't changed. It was distasteful, but, he needed to be brought back and judged in our system. That's one of the things that separates us from groups like the Taliban and al Queda.

Originally posted by lucas80:

I love the faux rage. He's been charged. Quietly showing the door would have been a scandal.
My feelings on the exchange haven't changed. It was distasteful, but, he needed to be brought back and judged in our system. That's one of the things that separates us from groups like the Taliban and al Queda.

Well Stated.

No problem. 

I know. 

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.   You have no Honor. 

Are you saying you were incompetent before you joined?

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂÂÂÂ

No problem.ÂÂÂÂ

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.ÂÂÂÂ

I know.ÂÂÂ

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army.ÂÂ

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.  You have no Honor.ÂÂ

I wish you had conducted my mental assessment in 1967.Â

Like I said, the 1960s were a world apart from today. My draft card said 5A.

I still chuckle at what I went through basic training with. Kids from the inner city who tough until they had to put on boots and march 12 miles. No HS or very little. One told me he was pulled out of jail for rape if he would join the Army.

I was farm kid who was used to working 16 hours a day in the sun or snow and played some sports, and worked on farm machinery and cars and had a Vo Tech degree in mechanics. I was working at Cessna when I joined. As crazy as you might think I was, I was the pick of the litter considering. The Army was almost a vacation for me.
This post was edited on 3/25 5:25 PM by wildcatdad

No problem. 

I know. 

Like I said,  the 1960s were a world apart from today.  My draft card said 5A. 

I still chuckle at what I went through basic training with.  Kids from the inner city who tough until they had to put on boots and march 12 miles.  No HS or very little.   One told me he was pulled out of jail for rape if he would join the Army.  

I was farm kid who was used to working 16 hours a day in the sun or snow and played some sports,  and worked on farm machinery and cars and had a Vo Tech degree in mechanics.   I was working at Cessna when I joined.    As crazy as you might think I was, I was the pick of the litter considering.  The Army was almost a vacation for me.    
This post was edited on 3/25 5:25 PM by wildcatdad

You and my father had very different experiences in Vietnam.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT