ADVERTISEMENT

So, what do you think the hold up is with the Bergdahl Report?

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Originally posted by 22*43*51:
50,000 didn't desert to find comfort with the Germans, or the Japanese.

They sure as hell didn't "misbehave"(collaborate) with them.

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂÂÂÂÂ

Had they killed him after he deserted, nah I'd be cool with no metal being awarded. Congrats on backing a coward and traitor even after the facts have come out tho...

Posted from Rivals Mobile

No problem.ÂÂÂÂÂ

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.ÂÂÂÂÂ

I don't need your brand of "honor"

I know.ÂÂÂÂ

I have testicles, you....... Well you have posting privileges in that asylum society deemed is necessary.

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army.ÂÂÂ

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.  You have no Honor.ÂÂÂ

Somehow I don't believe you served, and on the chance I'm wrong I'm guessing you were in the jungle and were exposed to agent orange, as there is no way your brain wasn't addled in some sort of way.

I wish you had conducted my mental assessment in 1967.ÂÂ

Are you saying you were incompetent before you joined?

Like I said, the 1960s were a world apart from today. My draft card said 5A.Â

I still chuckle at what I went through basic training with. Kids from the inner city who tough until they had to put on boots and march 12 miles.  No HS or very little.  One told me he was pulled out of jail for rape if he would join the Army. Â

I was farm kid who was used to working 16 hours a day in the sun or snow and played some sports, and worked on farm machinery and cars and had a Vo Tech degree in mechanics.  I was working at Cessna when I joined.   As crazy as you might think I was, I was the pick of the litter considering.  The Army was almost a vacation for me.  Â

This post was edited on 3/25 5:25 PM by wildcatdad

You and my father had very different experiences in Vietnam.

I am sure and I feel for him. My brother was a Medic and he had a different experience and to this day is resentful. I looked at it like a job and I have always felt fortunate. My weapon was a wrench, pliers, safety wire and a service manual.

Many of them were far worse. They murdered, raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.  They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.  They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.  They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.  Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.  He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him.ÂÂÂ

Had they killed him after he deserted, nah I'd be cool with no metal being awarded. Congrats on backing a coward and traitor even after the facts have come out tho...

No problem.ÂÂ

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor.ÂÂ

I know.Â

I have testicles, you....... Well you have posting privileges in that asylum society deemed is necessary.

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army.

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look. You have no Honor.
You have an LOC from the Army? That's it? You know soldiers/sailors receive LOCs when their actions and service don't warrant anything else. It's a BS form of recognition and anyone in the service knows this.

You should be embarrassed unless you have other awards and commendations you'd like to share in order to dig yourself out of the HUGE hole you put yourself into.

Many of them were far worse.  They murdered,  raped and killed their countrymen and civilians.   They were a pretty nasty lot. Most were draftees of questionable character and criminals.   They set up criminal enterprises and profited by the war.   They would have slit your throat and not thought twice about it.   Bergdahls greatest sin was President Obama rescued him.   He should have let him die and people like you would be pinning a metal on him. 

No problem. 

You don't have to wear a patch to have honor. 

I know. 

I also have an Honorable Discharge and letter of commendation from the Army. 

Any big shot like you can show his testicles and usually do to anyone who will look.   You have no Honor. 

Somehow I don't believe you served, and on the chance I'm wrong I'm guessing you were in the jungle and were exposed to agent orange, as there is no way your brain wasn't addled in some sort of way.

I wish you had conducted my mental assessment in 1967. 

Are you saying you were incompetent before you joined?

Like I said,  the 1960s were a world apart from today.  My draft card said 5A. 

I still chuckle at what I went through basic training with.  Kids from the inner city who tough until they had to put on boots and march 12 miles.  No HS or very little.   One told me he was pulled out of jail for rape if he would join the Army.  

I was farm kid who was used to working 16 hours a day in the sun or snow and played some sports,  and worked on farm machinery and cars and had a Vo Tech degree in mechanics.   I was working at Cessna when I joined.    As crazy as you might think I was, I was the pick of the litter considering.  The Army was almost a vacation for me.    

This post was edited on 3/25 5:25 PM by wildcatdad

You and my father had very different experiences in Vietnam.

I am sure and I feel for him.  My brother was a Medic and he had a different experience and to this day is resentful.  I looked at it like a job and I have always felt fortunate.  My weapon was a  wrench,  pliers, safety wire and a service manual. 

My dad started out as a gunner on the huey's. He stayed in and served 21 years. He loved the military, believes in it but hates the politicians who hold our men and women back from doing what they've been trained to do.

Yellow, just out of curiosity how did the length of time in the Bergdahl case compare to other cases of desertion? About the same?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT